• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jord

Weightlifting shoes for wide feet

I previously posed this question in the wrong place, so I thought I might get better answers here.

I'm saving up to buy a pair of weightlifting shoes later this year, primarily for squats. I have very wide feet. I probably need an extra-wide in shoes when I can find it, which is rare. I have read that Pendlay Do-Wins are good for wide feet. 

Whether you have have narrow, normal, wide, or very wide feet, I'm interested in your experiences with weightlifting shoes and how they felt on your feet. Especially if it is like "I have narrow feet and this brand felt great", that helps me narrow down my selections too. 

I have fairly narrow feet so I've always found Nike's fit me fairly well.  My feet are narrow enough that I often have to tuck my shoelaces under the laced portion so that they don't drag on the ground or get stepped on.  If I wear my Chucks with shorts, I look like I have sideshow Bob feet.  The toe boxes on Reebok were usually too wide.  I like New Balance, but I only wear them for light duty stuff.  My feet will twist a bit in them if I need to plant and turn.  I can get around this by pulling my laces really tight.  I bought a pair of Nike Romaloes 2.  For wide feet, I'd say they are not going to fit well.  The cup of the heel is fairly rigid.  If your feet are wider, I could see that being really uncomfortable. 

I have the same problem - 5.5 WW (Cinderella feet, I call them). My go-tos for athletic shoes are New Balance and Asics, but skate shoes are just built wider than other shoes for whatever reason and they are also very good for workouts. Also they tend to be flat, which I understand is good for weightlifting - but can't honestly recommend since I haven't actually weightlifted since one trainer session in March that torqued my back out for three days. I am scared and re-collecting underpants in the corner until further notice :c but definitely check out Journey's or Zappos for skate shoes!

Wide feet here. Romaleos And the adidas power lifts both fit me great - I just buy the men's sizes which are wide than the women's version.

The reebok cross fit lite trs are great for wide feet as well. I have nano 6's for my sneaker of choice and love them. Wide toe box. Did not like the 4's or 5's.

Other heeled shoes - adidas adipowers were too narrow. Ristos were good. Haven't tried the new cross fit lifters. Innov-8 ran narrow on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, spezzy said:

Wide feet here. Romaleos And the adidas power lifts both fit me great - I just buy the men's sizes which are wide than the women's version.

The reebok cross fit lite trs are great for wide feet as well. I have nano 6's for my sneaker of choice and love them. Wide toe box. Did not like the 4's or 5's.

Other heeled shoes - adidas adipowers were too narrow. Ristos were good. Haven't tried the new cross fit lifters. Innov-8 ran narrow on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I have the reebok crossfit lite tr for powerlifting, I've been using them for most of this year. I LOVE how wide they are. Once I can afford it I want to get a pair in all-black just to have for regular use around town. 

For squats I just bought a pair of weightlifting shoes about 2 weeks ago. I ended up going with the Reebok Lifter R, these ones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BHOMALU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The main factors were 1) price, got them for $75, 2) they have the u-form to fit to my crazy feet and 3) they self-describe as being wide, or at least they did, the Amazon description seems to have been cut down. I would have bought the men's version but they didn't have them in my size on sale. I don't love the design but I've definitely seen worse looking lifting shoes. 

I figure these are decent enough for someone who hasn't been lifting that long. After I beat them up for a couple of years I'll look at something of higher quality. I definitely appreciate your input because I'll make a note of what worked for your also-wide feet for future reference. 

So far I like the Reebok Lifter, but I have nothing to compare it to. They feel comfy and wide enough. If I was wearing them for more than a couple of hours it might be a different story, but they feel great while I'm squatting. I'm not sure how much the u-form did to benefit the fit, but it didn't cause any problems. I'd recommend them to someone with wide feet who wants a squatting shoe and doesn't want to spend a ton of money. Not only do they help me work on depth/hip mobility, but they make my feet feel firmly planted to the ground, super amazing grip. 

• Like 1