karinajean tries a CUT MONTH

I'm behind again. ugh! Thursday strikes every week, and I feel like it takes 4 more days to get over it. UGH THURSDAYS YOU ARE SO HARD.

Week 3 day 4

(wednesday)

I was up and running - 3 miles today (28:57).

my ankles immediately felt awful. They've been very stiff and kind of inflamed lately, and based on my past history with awful achilles tendonitis I took the emergency step of calling and begging to be fit in for quick acupuncture treatment when I went in for my chiropractic appt this evening. And they did! and it felt so much better afterwards. Because I was squeezed in I sat in the waiting room with my foot up on a chair while she shoved ltos of needles into my ankle and I sat there for 30 minutes while the chiropractor and her 16 year old daughter argued about tattoos. ha!

I also fit in some hooping, but just barely. I was up late working before my big day of thursday meetings and when I finished up what I could, I set a timer and practiced waist hooping in the reverse direction for 5 minutes. it was good to practice.

foodwise, I had gotten home a little late and a little ravenous, so I ate a leftover hotdog while we cooked up some ramen. My protein only came in at about 98g but I nailed calories.

Week 3 day 5

(dreaded thursday!)

up early and down to my construction site.

back to the office and rushed around doing things.

ran off to get to tkd on time (had hoped for early to practice forms, but no luck).

brought Thirteen home and ate a purple carrot meal (mango tofu with 2x the tofu they required to try and goose up the protein a little) and fit in a hoop workout because I HAD TO and man, this video totally wrecked me. I felt like a drunk baby deer staggering around the place but not as cute and way more sweaty. I also practiced isolations with my smaller hoop, and those also look terrible (ha!) but I'm sure I'll improve!

protein - 101 g and calories right on.

Week 3 day 6

(TGIF)

up and for a 2 mile run. my ankles were feeling SO much better after acupuncture. Also I was pretty diligent about taking an anti-inflammatory (naproxin) every 12 hours for a few days after my wednesday run. the 2 miles went fine (18:52 min), and I went to work, and I worked a little late and went home and fell over onto the couch / read a book. we had weird dinner - was starving again so I ate a leftover hamburger patty while we fried up some pierogi. I also did do some quick hooping - just a little, really, but practiced in each direction.

I stayed up too late reading books!

protein was 115, calories right on.

Week 3 day 7

we had a black belt test for 2 guys in the other tkd class, and there was a lot of throwing people around and arm bars. I know! not very standard for tae kwon do. we have a goofy-fun dojo that does weird things. then normal tkd class, and off to buy a new dishwasher. ours is kaputting. sighs. but! my  husband brought me a sandwich and we met at the appliance store and made a decision, and then went home and grabbed Thirteen and a buddy of his and went to a trampoline gym. it was... fun? there were a couple of obsticle courses that were fun, but short, and Thirteen loved the foam cube pits (even though they totally smelled like other peoples' feet) and we were there for nearly 2 hours and had to leave to eat or I would EAT ALL THE CHILDREN AT THE GYM so we left, and had five guys burgers, and then went home via an ice cream stand, and I was SO tired I slept in the car and then we watched the next marvel movie we were up to (age of ultron, we are so behind - although we've seen ant man, but Thirteen hasn't, so we will have to get it to watch with him).

anyway, this was my "eat as much as you want but stay within exercise calories" day, and I was over by 100 calories and STILL only had 100g protein.

• Like 3

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

also right now I'm planning to use up a birthday gift cert. on etsy to get one of these jobbies:

SOOO AMAZING.

• Like 3

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I'm launching right into week 4, ok?

Week 4 Day 1

I didn't get up and run, instead declaring it a rest day. totally good idea. and I put on some music and went outside and hooped for 45 minutes or so, which was AWESOME. I'm getting much better at chest hooping - I have to work really hard to get the hoop up over my speed bumps, if you will. and my footwork is so weird? I have to remember to change my foot position while I'm hooping, which helps out a lot. (this is also a problem for me with martial arts). we meant to do a lot of prep for the camping trip in 1 1/2 weeks but just managed to get to the hardware store and not actually get any work done. I am super fatigued. it was a long week 3.

I hit 106 g of protein and was over on calories because we bought a cherry pie at the farm stand and I had 2 pieces. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Week 4 day 2

got up, went for a run. 3 miles was awesome! but today I had to sit down and rearrange my calendar, because we are leaving a day later for the beach and I have to sort out my runs a little differently to accommodate our travel plans. so, I had to cross out all of my inked plans and come up wth a new set of plans that will get me to a 5 mile run on 9/10. but! it looks like this (WFH = work from home):

c0886558d4b917e94bae61b91fdfed41.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/2/2016 at 11:23 AM, raptron said:

MEOW. 

Excellent weekend. Are you planning on getting back into the more scheduled sleep/wake-up pattern again or was that just an observation? :D 

... it's an observation, but I am getting back into the more scheduled wake-up pattern with the hopes that I will be compelled by sleepiness to get into more scheduled sleep patterns. I still have the alarm that goes off at 9:15, but no matter what I don't seem to get to sleep until 10:30.

On 8/2/2016 at 11:29 AM, Happienumber said:

I'm loving all of your detailed charts :)

thank you!!!

mostly the programs do them. :)

On 8/3/2016 at 2:32 AM, Red1263 said:

Very nice challenge so far! And is that your kitty? I love kitties!!! That one looks like this one

sir-are-you-aware-you-are-a-cat.jpg

that is my kitty! and OMG we have had this conversation so many times. she is always like. WHAT SHUT YOUR MOUTH I AM NOT A CAT.

On 8/3/2016 at 10:40 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Until level 20 I caught them all, now it's too much effort and waste of balls to go pidgey farming.

And I really want to see Ghostbusters now! The hype is real.

level 20 is really hard to catch! and you MUST see ghostbusters.

you MUST.

On 8/3/2016 at 4:53 PM, Suzaqu said:

Bah! Ghostbusters is on my must see list, but the theatres around me are cutting down showtimes! Why must they make it so difficult!? I love your week 3 plan and the power of the ink! 

I'm kind of shocked at how quickly they cut showtimes! like, movies are only in the theaters for 2-3 weeks anymore. it's super stressful. do you have a $2 theater near you that plays movies after they are popular?

• Like 3

Caught up on your thread and so much awesome going on! I love your planned out weeks, so much detail!

Week 4 here we come. Keep on being awesome!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

On August 8, 2016 at 7:01 PM, karinajean said:

I'm kind of shocked at how quickly they cut showtimes! like, movies are only in the theaters for 2-3 weeks anymore. it's super stressful. do you have a $2 theater near you that plays movies after they are popular?

Oooo, good idea! I don't know if we have one, I have to go on a hunt, since I'm still exploring the area. I feel like this is one that would be worth it to see in theatres, and $2 is about the cost of a redbox anyway.

It is definitely insane how quickly the movies leave theatres, especially the popular ones, I though they used to be around a lot longer.

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

WHOA IT'S HOT OUT AND I DON'T THINK IT'S MUST ME.

so, it's week 4 day 7?

yo I have to confess to some severe meepitude over the last few days.

week 4 day 2 (monday) I managed to fit in about 5-10 minutes of practice on my smallest hula hoop, which is a 36 inch polypro and much smaller and faster than my others. we had the boys for dinner and it always ends up being so late when we finish eating with them, esp in the summer, and I was so tired and went upstairs to get ready to bed but decided to just hoop in my underpants right before popping into bed. and the cat was like: oh, was this your spot?

bdbb71d9a2d05257ec5018621af9fba4.jpg

I hit 138 g of protein but was about 150 calories over my goal.

week 4 day 3  went well. I had tkd. got home, and instead of cooking we had lamb vindaloo that I had bought when I went to the amazing indian food place for a kathi roll and had to buy extra food to bring my order up to the credit card minimum. for hoop challenge I tried 2 videos -- a workout video that included some waist and chest hooping while bent over, and also a workout flow that really pointed out to me that I don't move my feet around that much, and maybe I need to.

protein was 120 g and calories were about 150 under goal.

week 4 day 4 (wednesday) was the first day of the meeps. I had to get up and run, and that was no problem. also I was working from home, which was really nice, but I was also super busy. my run (2.5 miles) was good but MAN it was hot - this was the first day of our current heat wave - and the humidity was high, so it felt like running in a sauna. I had acupuncture and chiropractic and it left me feeling SO spaced out, which is good! but also disconcerting. we had a quick dinner of ravioli with the boys and I totally didn't hit protein, only had 80 grams. I was also under on calories. I know i hooped but I can't remember at all what I did.

the reason for the meeps is that this non-cut cut didn't do anything at all. I'm thinking about different ways to look at the information I've collected, but for real, if you look at photos of me now and 2 months ago, there's really no difference. my weight is the same. my measurements are always the same. the skulpt seems to indicate I am becoming more of a beefcake, but I don't really trust it. so, I feel like this didn't work at all, and I'm disappointed. I just thought *something* would happen! it's annoying.

week 4 day 5 I didn't go to my construction site on thursday, so I had a much more normal day with more normal office stuff. that said, I seem to recall working super hard and rushing around a lot. then rushed off to tkd, where we tested some kids up and maybe it was the heat, maybe it was the summer, but they were kind of slacking. that was disappointing. home, had a dinner of pan seared tofu over black rice noodles with bok choi, and skipped hooping. food was 200 calories under, and I hit 100 g protein.

week 4 day 6

I was up for a run on friday, it was my 2 mile day, and it was still HOTTTT. it's been in the 90s every day, with humidity at about .... 90+%. on friday during my run it was 72 deg with a dew point of 70 deg and 99% humidity and it would just burst into rain every block or two. like, it was watering on me. I got home and showered and didn't stop sweating for 2 hours. legit, 2 hours.

friday I was excited! I had a doctors appt to talk about my hand... I jammed my fingers about 2 months ago during tkd and it still hurts sometimes. I had an xray, he checked my range of motion and strength, and was like: there's nothing wrong with you. maybe you bruised it. I asked if 2 months was a long time to still hurt after a bruise and he agreed because yes, usually they cleared up in 6 weeks or so, but maybe I am reinjuring it.

so, meep time. I walked out feeling totally annoyed and helpless. I was so discouraged that I actually had some tears, like, WHATEVER, hasty doctor, and I cranked up the radio, put on some L7, and drove to work with the windows open and sunglasses on. that made me feel a lot better.

I had 133 g of protein and ate about 350 calories over goal (BEERS with dinner, also empanadas for lunch PLUS an italian ice because it is SO HOT and did I mention we don't have a/c?).

also I stayed up until like 1am reading a book.

which brings us to

week 4 day 7 - we cancelled dojo sat., including our regular class, because it was going to be immensely too hot. and truth! it is! I totally owed some hooping time. so, my husband went out for a run and I got up and did some yoga, which was good, and then went outside and did some hula hooping tutorials to learn how to do some off-body transitions and the vortex. I practiced a lot and then it got so hot and sticky. so I quickly checked our tents over (put them up and took them down again) for our camping trip next weekend, ate breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, and we were off to my dad's house to go bike shopping in his garage. we had a birthday party for my brother, which was a nice last minute thing and super fun. he is having an esophomectomy in 2 weeks and will be in the hospital on his actual birthday, so it was so good to spend some time with him and his family. we got home and I am exhausted, but I wanted to take this quiet evening as a chance to catch up a little. so, having a light dinner of leftovers and planning to get into bed really soon. i only hit 77 g of protein and was  over on food by about 500 calories.

so that's the challenge, i guess.

I didn't lose any weight,

I didn't see any changes.

I DID do all the running things, and my hoop challenge is going really well too.

so, mixed bag.

So, this meeps thing. there's 2 1/2 things I need to address:

* what to do in order to lean out a little. I mean, I know. eat better. also, maybe more bodyweight stuff again. I'm thinking about the next challenge in these terms - I'll have a week at the beach camping during week 1, and I'll just have to do my best. but I'm thinking weeks 2-3 I should restrict my food a little more, as in, eat more protein but possibly stick around 100 g daily, because that's more achievable. and don't eat shitty food. don't eat as much fried food. more vegetables. no beers, possibly. do push-ups and core exercises every day. plus I'm really tired. REALLY tired. that doesn't help with meeps, and it doesn't help with leaning out, or making good food choices. I need to work on that for sure.

* what to do about the medical profession. I feel so disappointed because I've been legit trying hard to adult the right way. I feel like my husband and I should have a regular doctor who is able to understand our lifestyles and the level of activities that I want to have, and will help me maintain my body to stay there and to get better. It was really frustrating to only have a few minutes with a sports doctor, and to have him essentially dismiss my finger injury as "it'll get better if you wait." I waited for 2 weeks for an appt with this guy! I did get some finger bandages to support my fingers a little so maybe I won't reinjure them any more, we will see.

* also maybe some of the meeps were a little bit of a coffee withdrawl. I didn't have any coffee on tuesday, wednesday, or thursday. so that's the 1/2 thing, and that can be addressed.

I'm going to spend some more time with the data and will post more tomorrow or monday.

but! at least I have a lot of things to think about. even if it involves meeps.

• Like 4

Noted for reference:

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/vegan-diet-american-olympic-weightlifter-kendrick-farris

Also, it's crazy bike workshop day. 40b5cd206ece60ac0a20e9f836ea4a63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 3

I don't know what a "Meep" is or how one obtains it, but I hope they never come back!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

This is going to sound sarcastic but its not, I promise!

I love how everyone in these forums are like: I've had a really off week and have done nothing, and yet are still killing it. I totally get the meeps - I understand how hard they are and how much more difficult to get up and do things -but you still did the things! And that's huge! There are so many people out there who would feel down and out and use that as an excuse to just give up, but not you and not so many of the other people in the forums and I think that's awesome. 

Our "failures" or "difficult weeks" are some people's hard weeks and that just goes to show how much we push ourselves. :) 

• Like 4

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

On 8/14/2016 at 4:01 AM, karinajean said:

* what to do in order to lean out a little. I mean, I know. eat better. also, maybe more bodyweight stuff again. I'm thinking about the next challenge in these terms - I'll have a week at the beach camping during week 1, and I'll just have to do my best. but I'm thinking weeks 2-3 I should restrict my food a little more, as in, eat more protein but possibly stick around 100 g daily, because that's more achievable. and don't eat shitty food. don't eat as much fried food. more vegetables. no beers, possibly. do push-ups and core exercises every day. plus I'm really tired. REALLY tired. that doesn't help with meeps, and it doesn't help with leaning out, or making good food choices. I need to work on that for sure.

It could be that you're at a point in your weight loss that you'll have to take more dramatic measures. Or perhaps it's time to maintain for a while, and try to shift your maintenance calories towards the higher end of the maintenance range, before doing another cut. Might help with the tiredness too. So could coffee. ;) And so could just taking a break once in while! 

On 8/14/2016 at 4:01 AM, karinajean said:

* what to do about the medical profession. I feel so disappointed because I've been legit trying hard to adult the right way. I feel like my husband and I should have a regular doctor who is able to understand our lifestyles and the level of activities that I want to have, and will help me maintain my body to stay there and to get better. It was really frustrating to only have a few minutes with a sports doctor, and to have him essentially dismiss my finger injury as "it'll get better if you wait." I waited for 2 weeks for an appt with this guy! I did get some finger bandages to support my fingers a little so maybe I won't reinjure them any more, we will see.

Sorry but you won't be able to change the whole medical profession. :P And the job of a regular doctor is not really to provide lifestyle advice, it's to cure disease in sick people. Even if the two go hand in hand, you can't expect one person to do it all. For that you'll have to go elsewhere. It sucks that a sports doctor just dismissed you, sports people tend to be more helpful than that. Even if they just prescribe a massage or a few rehab exercises that may or may not be mainly placebo. :) But the only thing you can do is change doctor, or go to a physio or someone like that.

• Like 1

tumblr_n8y16qwTiA1so67mao1_400.gif

Like Asa Pond said you still pushed forward and did what you had to do. You learned from this challenge and that's always a win in my book. :) 

• Like 2

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

17 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I don't know what a "Meep" is or how one obtains it, but I hope they never come back!

I don't know where it came from, but a meep is like, a general feeling of helplessness and woe. Maybe it is a little Beeker? because he's often like "MEEP" right before awful things happen to him that he sees coming, and just can't stop. and thank you! I hope they never come back again. (they totally will, but I'll get over it then too.)

7 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

This is going to sound sarcastic but its not, I promise!

I love how everyone in these forums are like: I've had a really off week and have done nothing, and yet are still killing it. I totally get the meeps - I understand how hard they are and how much more difficult to get up and do things -but you still did the things! And that's huge! There are so many people out there who would feel down and out and use that as an excuse to just give up, but not you and not so many of the other people in the forums and I think that's awesome. 

Our "failures" or "difficult weeks" are some people's hard weeks and that just goes to show how much we push ourselves. :) 

thank you Asa Pond! I know, we are so hard on ourselves. but we just keep coming back, because we are gluttons' for punishment TRUE WARRIORS.

2 hours ago, Jonesy said:

tumblr_n8y16qwTiA1so67mao1_400.gif

Like Asa Pond said you still pushed forward and did what you had to do. You learned from this challenge and that's always a win in my book. :) 

thank you! I am trying to focus on implementing what I have learned. that is such a PITA.

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

It could be that you're at a point in your weight loss that you'll have to take more dramatic measures. Or perhaps it's time to maintain for a while, and try to shift your maintenance calories towards the higher end of the maintenance range, before doing another cut. Might help with the tiredness too. So could coffee. ;) And so could just taking a break once in while! 

Sorry but you won't be able to change the whole medical profession. :P And the job of a regular doctor is not really to provide lifestyle advice, it's to cure disease in sick people. Even if the two go hand in hand, you can't expect one person to do it all. For that you'll have to go elsewhere. It sucks that a sports doctor just dismissed you, sports people tend to be more helpful than that. Even if they just prescribe a massage or a few rehab exercises that may or may not be mainly placebo. :) But the only thing you can do is change doctor, or go to a physio or someone like that.

yeah, I am totally going to have to be more dramatic about this. I thought I was doing a good end of maintenance, but I've been gaining weight over the last few weeks and I'm not happy with that. mostly I think I need to sleep more in order to deal with the tiredess?

ALSO I love how you phrased the part about not changing the medical profession. because I was SO DRAMATIC in my post! ha! yeah, I have unreasonably high expectations of how I will find a wonderful doctor, see them 1-2 x a year, and we will have a long lasting relationship. eh. unreasonable.

CHALLENGE WRAP UP

weight increasing:

large.challenge19_weight.JPG.079410e6bc3

but maybe it was just lean mass going up:

large.challenge19_lean.JPG.859ee1b1af089

large.challenge19_fat.JPG.9bb920bde23fde

I looked at all of my data, and there's nothing super significantly different between the last few challenges.

large.challenge19_data.JPG.73cd832ed0de9

during this last challenge (my challenge #19) I even checked to see if it was something like lots of beer. I did have cherry pie most of week 4, and maybe that contributed to the creeping up over the last week despite my calories in staying reasonably steady. also I drank alcohol nearly every night during week 3. although hilariously lose it recommends I drink more beer:

large.drink_more_beer.JPG.93aee47ccee792

most notably, the last 2 challenges I exercised less than I had during previous challenges - nearly 200 calories less, about, on an average daily basis. Which is kind of a big deal! so, that's probably contributing to my steady uptake in calories. THAT SAID, I also badly need to get my sleep hours up. I am fatigued. My acupuncturist noted that my heartbeat is really struggling to keep up, like, it SOUNDS tired.

the last data point is the skulpt, which I don't totally trust, but also seems to reflect that my body fat might be dropping while lean muscle grows. which is good, but I don't really want to be bulking right now, to be honest. I want to stay around 180-185 if I can. but here are those scan points from today:

eef22afc396578d241babd725a1b86bb.jpgabd7b53fb5271ab81038af72d3b5c637.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah, it may just be that you are at the point where you need to tighten things up (BRIEFLY!) to see the changes you want. Which isn't fun! You are gathering all the data and that is just what the meaning behind everything issss. Also, the sleep thing is totally important -- we eat more when we are tired without doing as much fidgeting/extraneous movement to help burn it because our bodies are sleepy! 

You are totally awesome in all things though. Just saying. <3 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

feeling super jealous that you guys are all having fresh new challenge pages up. I am.... in a horrible procrastinatory stage before vacation? we have a show to go to tomorrow night, I have my regular site visit, we have a funeral on friday to go to so I can't sneak in extra work, and then we leave at 7ish in the evening for regularly scheduled beach camping. I really should be getting more shit done. dammit.

On 8/15/2016 at 6:16 PM, sylph said:

Maybe on beer days you're more cognizant that you're 'slipping' just a little, so tighten down on calories for the day? On days without beer, it's a 'normal' day so you can eat like 'normal' and not worry about making up for the treat of beer?

yes, this is totally it. I am really good at fitting in a beer. I thought that if I focused on protein it would leave no room for beers? but I still am able to do it, so amazing of me.

On 8/16/2016 at 10:08 AM, Manarelle said:

Dang woman, you have an impressive number of metrics you're following! Would definitely be worth adding a sleep goal to your challenge... the body can't recover if you're not getting enough sleep. Take care of yourself!

for sure the sleep is a thing! I definitely need to do more better at that.

On 8/16/2016 at 0:12 PM, raptron said:

Yeah, it may just be that you are at the point where you need to tighten things up (BRIEFLY!) to see the changes you want. Which isn't fun! You are gathering all the data and that is just what the meaning behind everything issss. Also, the sleep thing is totally important -- we eat more when we are tired without doing as much fidgeting/extraneous movement to help burn it because our bodies are sleepy! 

You are totally awesome in all things though. Just saying. <3 

daw thanks friend, I appreciate it. for next challenge I'm thinking sleep goal + a couple of cut weeks in there too. that oughta help.

On 8/16/2016 at 3:18 PM, Twilight said:

So much data. I know you'll crack this!

thank you! I will. unfortunately I just really am learning that there's no tricks, I am just going to have to work hard for a bit. ugh. so lazy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, karinajean said:

feeling super jealous that you guys are all having fresh new challenge pages up. I am.... in a horrible procrastinatory stage before vacation?

No way. That sounds like a hell of a lot, it's only Wednesday, sounds like you're doing a lot of travel this summer, and you gotta get shit done before you dork around with your forums, even though we are all very attractive and entertaining. Take care of business. I am sorry you have to go to a funeral.

5 minutes ago, karinajean said:

I am really good at fitting in a beer.

Amen. I hear you.

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"

12 hours ago, karinajean said:

unfortunately I just really am learning that there's no tricks, I am just going to have to work hard for a bit. ugh. so lazy.

You're fighting against millions of years of adaptation. Of course it's hard! No creature on earth other than a human would exercise to lose weight because no creature on earth is as good at being sedentary.

• Like 1
On 8/18/2016 at 10:24 AM, Twilight said:

You're fighting against millions of years of adaptation. Of course it's hard! No creature on earth other than a human would exercise to lose weight because no creature on earth is as good at being sedentary.

Weeeeellllllllllll sloths are good at being sedentary, but yeah, you don't really see them exercising much. 

tumblr_nynv7as6U01qjgyvoo1_400.gif

• Like 2

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current