No registered users viewing this page.

calanthrophy

Calanthrophy's sumo training

Friday:

Not a gym day. Did stretching.

Ate like a reasonable human.

Sleep: 7.5 hrs.

Saturday:

Went to the gym. Chest and abs and whatnot.

Ate rather a lot but went for a long bike ride.

Sleep: 8.5 hrs (woohoo)

Sunday:

Not a gym day. Did yoga.

Food was mostly ok but had a few beers. C-.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

I dunno about you, but I'm more likely to sleep like a bear after gym days...

Absolutely. Saturday was definitely a sleep day. I even got a nap, which was nice.

• Like 1

Monday:

Didn't get to go to the gym because I had to go to the dentist. Oh, happy day. Did stretching instead.

Food was tracked and on target.

Sleep: 7 hrs.

Tuesday:

Leg day. Squats, step-ups, and lunges. I have a feeling I'm going to be very sore very soon.

Ate like a normal human.

Sleep: 7 hrs. I'm not good at this whole "going to sleep at a reasonable hour" thing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

Ate like a normal human.

Where are these normal humans and what do they eat like?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I eat like normal humans.  It's just a question of how many normal humans.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Googled "normal human" and got this. I don't care about politics at all, but still find it funny.

Ci5STaQUUAAWqEk.jpg

• Like 3

Long update after absence.

Wednesday:

Not a gym day. Rather than slacking off, actually forgot to do stretching or yoga. Not sure what's worse, neglecting or forgetting.

Food: Calories were fine, but strayed from Paleo by eating sushi. I regret nothing.

Sleep: 7.5 hrs

Thursday:

Leg day. Legs were still sore from Tuesday but managed to do step ups and lunges. Got pissed off at not being able to get a squat rack and gave squats a miss. Did some walrus-ups to give the lower back some attention in addition to the usual back work.

Food: On target.

Sleep: 6.5 hours. Laid in bed agonizing over what I forgot to pack for my camping trip.

Friday thru Monday:

Went camping in Minnesota. Obviously didn't lift. Didn't do stretching or yoga either because I'm on vacation which = lazy. Wasn't totally inactive though; hiked, swam, rode a horse (if you don't think that counts as exercise, my battered arsebone would like to disagree), and jogged a bit.

Food: Ate fast food on the way there and back and had a few beers every day, so not so great. Stuck to Paleo (apart from beers, obviously) while camping, so not a total failure.

No idea what sleep times were as I turned my phone off and didn't pay any attention to clocks. Took some naps here and there. Declaring the sleep portion of the trip a success.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

Friday thru Monday:

Went camping in Minnesota. Obviously didn't lift. Didn't do stretching or yoga either because I'm on vacation which = lazy. Wasn't totally inactive though; hiked, swam, rode a horse (if you don't think that counts as exercise, my battered arsebone would like to disagree), and jogged a bit.

Food: Ate fast food on the way there and back and had a few beers every day, so not so great. Stuck to Paleo (apart from beers, obviously) while camping, so not a total failure.

No idea what sleep times were as I turned my phone off and didn't pay any attention to clocks. Took some naps here and there. Declaring the sleep portion of the trip a success.

No squat rack in the woods, what a shame!? You didn't try to bench press a bear? 

I will send up a lantern in memory of your arsebone. 

tumblr_nl7iisZhmP1qbd8dyo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Tuesday:

Couldn't go to the gym due to parenting obligations, did stretching instead.

Ate properly.

Sleep: 8 hrs.

Wednesday:

Not usually a gym day, but went to make up for missing Tuesday. Did leg stuff. Squats, step-ups, lunges, and walrus-ups in addition to back stuff.

Might not have eaten enough. Should track more.

Sleep: 6 lousy hours.

Thursday:

Gym day. Chest, abs, obliques, triceps, etc. Hadn't done those in a while and went at it pretty hard. Result? DOMS. So much DOMS. All the DOMS. DOMS DeLuise. DOMS Corleone. I'm sleeping with the fishes.

Did a little extra credit stretching.

Food was on target.

Friday:

Not a gym day. Did yoga.

Food was mostly on track but there was also beer.

Sleep: 8 hours.

• Like 2

Saturday:

Leg day. Squats, sumo deadlifts, and accessories.

Food: Awesome. Dinner was grilled shrimp kabobs, acorn sqash, and cauliflower. Calories were more or less in the right area. I think. Need to track more.

Sleep: 8.5 hours

Sunday:

Not usually a gym day but won't be able to make it Monday so did chest/abs/shoulders/etc.

Food: Had to work most of the day and didn't feel like cooking. Got fast food. So... not great.

Sleep: 7.5 hours.

Wrap-up:

SUMO LEG STRENGTH:

Leg days went well. Not much to say.

EAT LIKE A SUMO BUT DON'T BE A TOTAL FATASS:

Eh. There's a fine line between bulking and gluttony. My overall caloric intake wasn't bad, but the quality of those calories could have been better.

SUMO FLEXIBILITY:

I did really well here. IIRC I only missed 2 or so days.

SLEEP A LOT:

Well, the goal was 8 hours/night and I rarely hit that. However, I did better than before this, so we'll call it a minor victory.

• Like 2