I'm hear because I suck

After years of abusing my body I have started turning this ship around. In 2010 after smoking for more then half my life at that point I finally quit smoking and have been progressivly trying to get my self back in shape and be able to play with my kids. Starting March 1st 2012 I am going 100% paleo and doing the 30 day challange. I recently started running and getting serious about riding my bike again as well as getting my girls ready for hiking season.

Good for you! I'm pretty sure the fact that you're here and dedicated to making changes means that you don't suck (it actually probably means you're awesome because you're now part of the Rebellion). It sounds like you've already taken some steps in the right direction with the smoking stopped and getting active. I just started Paleo last week, so I can't testify about it yet, but it's exciting to be doing something different. Good luck with your goals and welcome!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

welcome to the forum! congrats on all the positive changes you've already made - my boyfriend is in the process of quitting smoking and i know that's a tough habit to break. i did a 30 day paleo challenge a couple months ago and, while i haven't kept with it, it has definitely impacted my food choices in major ways and really just how i think about food in general. the best advice i can give you on that front is plan your meals the best you can, try to avoid restaurants because they make paleo so much more difficult (though it can be done), and don't beat yourself up if you aren't 100% perfect. the hardest parts for me were salad dressings and sauces when going out to eat...there's only so much customizing of food you can do. but every step you take in that direction is so good for your body!

Half way through the 30day paleo and going strong. The biggest challange that I have been having is making breakfast that my kids actually want to eat and when i have to go into the office (I work from home) as lunch is provided and is never something that is easy to turn paleo, but my big bag of snacks and random lunch treats comes in to save the day. My coworkers being used to me bringing in things very few other people actually want to eat (Most recently was the caribou stew for christmas potluck) helps.

Half way through the 30day paleo and going strong. The biggest challange that I have been having is making breakfast that my kids actually want to eat and when i have to go into the office (I work from home) as lunch is provided and is never something that is easy to turn paleo, but my big bag of snacks and random lunch treats comes in to save the day. My coworkers being used to me bringing in things very few other people actually want to eat (Most recently was the caribou stew for christmas potluck) helps.

Caribou! Yummy! Yea you!

I <3 hiking and I <3 paleo. I'm sure you're doing awesome! Don't sweat it too much... you'll get the hang of paleo fast. Try taking your lunch. I use a ton of kale and spinach in lieu of pasta and rice. When people order lunch for a meeting I conveniently say "oops, already ate". I've found nobody cares.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Caribou?! Hell, doesnt get more Paleo then that!!! (unless you tracked it and killed it with an obsidian spear)..Every journey starts with a single step. Im sure you will recover from the years of smoking and lung tissue heals as your cardiovascular levels go up (and up and up) kudos to the hiking..my number one way to work out...with nature. KEEP IT UP