My name’s David. I’m here because if I don’t change things I’m going to end up as a diabetic like other members of my family. I’m no stranger to working out and pushing myself. Back in high school I was in wrestling and football. That was the most fit I’d ever been in my life.

My current goal is to drop from 400 lbs. to a more manageable 300 lbs. or so. I’m 6’5, and I still have a decent amount of muscle mass on me. Back in college I was still heavy, but since graduation I've managed to gain 100lbs! My very first step but removing soda and sugary stuff from my diet. I'm working towards going full paleo. I'm not much of a cook so that's a huge battle for me.

I’m currently a Database Programmer, but I want to level up and become a Database Administrator. I don’t see that happening at this company, but we’ll see what happens.

Anyway, I’ve got a workout battle log started at http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?8449-Here-comes-your-penguin-overlord

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Good luck leveling and welcome! I actually find cooking Paleo easier than the meals I used to try and plan. Basically if you have some kind of animal protein (fresh, frozen, canned) and a veggie or two, you're good to go. For example, yesterday for lunch I had a strange salad comprised of canned tuna, tomato, avocado, radish, spinach, onions, pepper and lemon juice (no cooking involved!). It was actually pretty good... as random as it may have seemed when I was putting it together. There are a lot of good resources out there too for ideas. I hear you though, sometimes I'm just not at all motivated to cook, so it can be a little rough. It sounds like you've got some dedication going though, so I'm sure you'll do fine :)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Welcome! You can totally do it! Avoiding diabetes is a good goal :D I used to not think it was such a big deal when people said they had diabetes, I even thought it was just what some people had, like I sneeze in spring a lot and other people have diabetes. BUT! Now that I'm a wee bit older and a wee bit wiser, I realize that it is a BIG deal and I truly hope you meet and exceed your goal! Good luck!