• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grymm

The 36th Chamber of Grymm

The room is 21.5' long. I can get all the butt film I want. Wide angle, pan shot, fish eye. My preference in filming would be as close to profile as possible as that is orthogonal to where I have the most questions. For reference, I have a 65 degree kyphosis of the spine. Basically I have more S to my spine than normal.

It's not how much, it's how much more.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Grymm said:

The room is 21.5' long. I can get all the butt film I want. Wide angle, pan shot, fish eye. My preference in filming would be as close to profile as possible as that is orthogonal to where I have the most questions. For reference, I have a 65 degree kyphosis of the spine. Basically I have more S to my spine than normal.

It's not how much, it's how much more.

This is a legit valid problem. Both the wide angle shot and the spine issue. 

I'm not trying to push to do a video, because I haven't done any form videos myself. (My phone is so old and ancient.) But if you do decide you want to do one in the future, one idea if you have room would be to just do a couple squats turned sideways from the rack so that you could get the shot the longways down the length of the 21' room rather than just a butt shot. ; ) 

• Like 1

If I did video, I'd probably do a few different angles to look at specific things - maybe a low video for depth, a 3/4 video might be good enough for back angle.  Sideways squats would require lighter weight as I'd have to walk around with it a little and probably squat outside of the rack.  Even at a light weight, I can't just clean, press, and rack the bar because I don't really have much of a grip on the bar when it's on my back.  My thumb and index finger are mostly off. 

8/12/2016

Last workout of the challenge:

S: 2x5x45, 5x95, 3x135, 3x185, 2x215, 5x5x230

B: 5x45, 5x95, 5x5x130

R: 5x5x130

22 Pushups

I'm going to debate it over the weekend, but I think Monday I'm going to deload squats to 205 and work back up.  I have more push in my legs, but my form was getting slopping.  When the balance gets out of whack, the effort level goes way up.  Some of the reps were solid.  I have a better thoracic cue to work in.  To be honest, I wasn't sure I'd make it this far on the first run up.  If I tried to push until I failed a rep, I think my legs could easily outpace my back.  In other news, I think the bulk of the weight I gained this challenge went to my upper legs.  They are looking beefy in a good way.  I expect good things from them.

Ok, I'm going to basically finish my challenge now.  Tomorrow is a mini NF meetup so I'm not going to bother with challenge goals.

Lifting:  12/12.  I've actually gone 9 straight weeks without missing a workout - 27/27.  Success.

Calories:  27/27.  Did you really think I'd miss out on eating?  I had joked once that @Sam Ashen should try to eat 100,000 calories in one challenge.  I just did it in 27 days.  105107 which is 3893/day.  I put on 8# in the first 10 days of the challenge, but 0 since.  That's all creatine/water/etc action I hope with maybe some muscle.  The key was to stop losing weight and see that anabolic switch weight surge.  I might try to get a little more consistent next challenge.

Protein:  24/27.  6623 total, 245/day.  Pretty decent.  MVP of the month was chicken.  I probably ate 35-40# of chicken during the challenge.

Bike: 0/2.  Just wasn't in the cards.  I honestly didn't prioritize this, and I don't feel bad about it.

Milk: 7/7. The milk goal is going to disappear, but I'm going to probably keep consumption at about a quart a day.  I think it's a good dietary staple for this phase.

Gym:  1/1 I'm going to give myself this point.  The gym is now fully functional with overhead press room.  There is more work to do, but the important thing is done.

Lake: 9/10.  I could get a walk in tomorrow, but I'll substitute the NF meet which should involve some walking.

Sleep:  24/27.  I missed 1 day being an ass and then the (2) days at my friend's house where I just can't sleep 8 hours.  I didn't sleep 8 hours all of the 24 days, but I tried to sleep 8 hours and then got up when I was just done sleeping.  

Adulting: 2/4.  Progress was made.

22 pushup challenge:  22/22.  I might periodically do some more pushups to see if I get better at them.  I did get better over the 22 days, but I'm still not excited about doing them.

All in all, pretty happy.  My lifts went from:

S:  170 -> 230

B:  100 -> 130

D:  175 -> 235

P:  55 -> 75

R:  100 -> 130

Squat and deadlift feel like they are progressing.  The other (3) are still quite doable.  Press was stalled for a few weeks due to ceiling clearance issues which have been corrected.

I thank my fellow NF warriors for following along, and Chuck Norris also thanks you.

59623756.jpg

• Like 7