• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Tarly

Brogo just takes it easy and plays with his snatch

Goals:

1) Play with snatch

I'm gonna pick up a pair of 10 lb bumpers so I can play with my snatch in the garage without destroying the floor.

Oh. And there's that thing about a bodyweight bench so I'll still be working on that I guess. So goal 2 I guess.

And next week I'm switching back to being a daywalker... I transferred shifts at work so I'm abruptly switching my schedule and gonna try to survive the switch from getting up at 2 pm to getting up at... like, 4-5 am. Ick.

And the tomatoes are coming. And I've got a shit ton of beans already. Chilli time?... no wrong kind of beans.

So.

1) Snatch

2) Bench

3) Daywalking

4) Take care of garden stuff

• Like 8

Bean brah! Whats up with those buggers this year, they're taking over my trellis! Snatches and beans... beans and snatches :D 

• Like 4

Yeah. So the big thing in life right now is making progress toward getting a real job.

Part of that is not killing myself in the gym so I have the actual energy to do work and not want to just sleep and eat all the time... err, feel less like I'm obligated to for recovery.

And I'm using this day shift switch to kinda rebuild routine.

Plus, I'll now have time to go to meetups and things that might help me get a job later. Last night, I had to blow off work to attend a Ruby (programming) meetup. It was fun and they are nerds. We split off into groups and each group tried a different web-building framework. Ours was shitty, but one group attempted to build their own version of Pokemon Go (in about an hour)... They were at least able to post random Pokemon on a background with a button that says 'catch'. I learned a lot and it was awesome and hilarious. I'm definitely going to more of these things.

• Like 5

I just finished my last shift as a night shift stower (putting shit on shelves) at the warehouse. Next week I'm switching to day shift ICQA (inventory control and quality assurance)... walking around counting shit. If I have any future there beyond the warehouse, this other job could be a path into it. If I stay with Amazon long term, I'd like to get into fucking around with their databases and such.

I'm better at staying up later than getting up earlier, so I'll be staying up all damn day to reset my schedule. I'm trying to figure out how to spend my day. My legs are way too sore to garden or workout. My brain will be gradually mushifying itself as lack of sleep tries to eat it... my god its starting already... I think a combination of Netflix and Xbox... and coffee... will be today's theme.

I also have a phone interview scheduled on Monday for a computational biologist position with a clinical genomics startup in Chicago. We'll see where that goes.

• Like 4

I have to be at work, clocked in and ready by 6:30 am. The new normal is going to be 4-4:30 am - 8-8:30 am.

Monday I'm gonna go pick up some bumpers, so maybe after that I can wake up to some snatch action.

• Like 4

Saturday:

1) Home from work at 5:17 am.

2) Attempts to stay awake all day... makes it to 8 am.

3) Wakes up at 5:19 pm

4) Takes melatonin at dinner time (7 pm), asleep by 9 pm.

Sunday:

5) Wakes up Sunday at 2 am... 14 hours 19 minutes of sleep in a 24 hour period

6) Still up, 32 oz. of coffee in veins. Working on computational biology resume.

• Like 6

Dear God. So much sleep. Give it three weeks and you'll be adjusted.

Ive found that while getting up early blows, I get so much more done when I'm done with my shift in the early afternoon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got up at four, emptied the dishwasher, made coffee, and am eating a bowl of cereal.

Daywalking begins... Hopefully I can keep this up. I've made attempts to be an early bird in the past only to have them fizzle out after a couple of weeks.

But now its a work requirement to be up early so maybe that'll hammer it home.

• Like 5

A quick reorientation to daytime.

This:The_sun1.jpg

is the sun. Do not fear it, it is your friend. It's the reason you can actually see stuff when you are outside. Just don't stare at it.

These:athletic_people_images1.png

are people. They tend to be out and about more when that first thing is in the sky. Fear at your discretion, some of them want to talk to you regarding things about which you do not care.

• Like 9