• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Tarly

Brogo just takes it easy and plays with his snatch

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A quick reorientation to daytime.

This:The_sun1.jpg

is the sun. Do not fear it, it is your friend. It's the reason you can actually see stuff when you are outside. Just don't stare at it.

Not if you're a redhead, like me. Then it is the pain-giver, who is out to burn your flesh. You are right to fear it, and cover up as much as possible, to avoid its evil rays.

Disclaimer: This post may or may not be influenced by the fact I forgot to put on sunscreen while in the pool this weekend. Ouchies.

• Like 4

On 7/16/2016 at 4:31 AM, Curl Brogo said:

I also have a phone interview scheduled on Monday for a computational biologist position with a clinical genomics startup in Chicago. We'll see where that goes.

Good luck!!!! 

Happy first day in the sun :)

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A quick reorientation to daytime.

This:The_sun1.jpg

is the sun. Do not fear it, it is your friend. It's the reason you can actually see stuff when you are outside. Just don't stare at it.

These:athletic_people_images1.png

are people. They tend to be out and about more when that first thing is in the sky. Fear at your discretion, some of them want to talk to you regarding things about which you do not care.

Vznk1z2.gif

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Stonefist said:

Disclaimer: This post may or may not be influenced by the fact I forgot to put on sunscreen while in the pool this weekend. Ouchies.

Sam Ashen just learned something about sunscreen application. Hilariously so. Hint: have a way to apply the sunscreen across the entire back, not just the parts your hands can reach. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Rookiebeotch said:

Sam Ashen just learned something about sunscreen application. Hilariously so. Hint: have a way to apply the sunscreen across the entire back, not just the parts your hands can reach. 

Spray suncreen? Bro back massages? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Spray suncreen? Bro back massages? 

T-shirt is my favorite option. Then again, I don't have to worry about not tanning...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rookiebeotch said:

Well.  At least you did not post the picture.

• Like 1

Today is my first day on the day shift. So far I've had not problem adjusting... Granted I slept so damn much on Saturday I probably won't need to sleep for another week or two... Been getting tired around 8 pm and getting up by 4 am reliably so far.

My phone interview went really well. Then they gave me a programming assignment which I banged out in a few hours. Now I just need to send them a couple references and they should call me in for an interview.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

My phone interview went really well. Then they gave me a programming assignment which I banged out in a few hours. Now I just need to send them a couple references and they should call me in for an interview.

YAY!  Good luck!

• Like 1

Update:

Snatch-a-roo: I have not yet gotten my plates... need to do that. Tomorrow I'm going to run out for some whey and will probably get it then... GNC and Dick's are at the same mall... btw I hate malls.

Garden: I built a frame for the tomatoes. Tomorrow sometime I gotta tie up the branches that need support. Those fuckers are sending off vines everywhere and flowers and there are tons of green balls everywhere. WIthin a week or two we're going to be going nuts on tomatoes. Most of them are indeterminate, steak/heirloom varieties, and one of them makes fruits that are 2 lbs.

Job stuff: I sent in my references but I haven't heard anything back yet. Had a couple of anxiety dreams where I didn't get the job and everyone hated me at the end... so I think I really want this. I think they are focussing on the job search from their end on Mon-Tues as that's when I usually get messages from them, so maybe I'll hear something tomorrow.

I forgot what my fourth goal is...

Edit:... right, daywalking: So the first week on day shift went pretty well. The only drawback I find is that now I have traffic on the way home. Oh, and my body still needs to learn to poop on a different schedule (you needed to know this). Other than that I've adjusted to waking at 4 am... sort of. I did really well with it Wed and Thurs., Friday and Sat. were tough, but I powered through. And I like the new job doing inventory. It's way more laid back and so are the people in the ICQA department. So working days isn't so bad.

• Like 5

QualiT update. Jealous of all the incoming tomatoes! Have you looked into canning at all? We used to can crushed tomatoes and have ample supply through the fall and winter for sauces and soups. :) 

27 minutes ago, raptron said:

QualiT update. Jealous of all the incoming tomatoes! Have you looked into canning at all? We used to can crushed tomatoes and have ample supply through the fall and winter for sauces and soups. :) 

I've been thinking about this myself. Mainly canning crushed tomatoes vs canning actually pasta sauce. If I just can the tomatoes then I can use them for whatever strikes my fancy vs being limited to using them as an Italian pasta sauce. We have about a million roma tomatoes that should all ripen at once when it stops being 90F. I haven't canned in many years, so either way I'm gonna have to relearn how. 

I picked the first ripe tomato from the garden today!

My mom cans tomato sauce and salsa. Anyway, that'll be taken care of.

Got some awesome corn yesterday too. I need to check my soybean/edamame...

Apparently my body is deciding to make poops around 7:45 am. I'm glad I'm regular, but this timing is not good. It's right in the middle of the first quarter of work.

Note the time. I sat down after a few sips of coffee to type this and now I'm growing a tail.

Gotta go.

• Like 2

This is a surprisingly important part of my travel routine..managing poop time. It's hard when my schedule changes all the time

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wildross said:

This is a surprisingly important part of my travel routine.

This was an issue for me in the past.  I called it "traveler's butt."  The issue was travel time does not coincide with regular time and the system gets disrupted.

Recently it has not been an issue because I eat so much, the system is forced to work.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wildross said:

This is a surprisingly important part of my travel routine..managing poop time. It's hard when my schedule changes all the time

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's the problem with being regular in the first place. If you miss your window, you're done for the day.

4 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

This was an issue for me in the past.  I called it "traveler's butt."  The issue was travel time does not coincide with regular time and the system gets disrupted.

Recently it has not been an issue because I eat so much, the system is forced to work.

Are there any problems that just eating more can't fix?

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm always curious if my coworkers notice my trip to the bathroom after my first cup of hot tea in the morning.

Answer: Yes. Yes they do.

• Like 1