• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Tarly

Brogo just takes it easy and plays with his snatch

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm always curious if my coworkers notice my trip to the bathroom after my first cup of hot tea in the morning.

Curious:  Do you care?

Maybe I misunderstood.  I am currently in a workplace culture where they can be petty about some things.

Alright! One pair of bumper plates... acquired!

Going forward, I'm going to make playing with my snatch part of the morning routine. Just hit the garage and try to do some snatch work first thing in the morning. It should get my heart pumping.

Also, for daywalking, I'm going to try to clean up my nutrition by staying the fuck away from the vending machines at work and the gas stations. I just stocked up on whey protein and clif bars. The only exceptions here will be juice for mixing with whey powder and gatorade.

I'm also going to start experimenting with CLA supplements. We'll see how that goes.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

The 10-pounders?  Those are flimsy!  They can barely support the 45-pound bar.

46 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

Going forward, I'm going to make playing with my snatch part of the morning routine.

So much fun!

A whole bunch of technical detail.  I was told something about Snatch being approximately 60% of high-bar squat.  Nowhere close over here.

Because.  My snatch stinks.

• Like 3

My 10# bumpers are pretty stout, but they'll probably never be dropped from more than a couple inches off the ground.  They're allegedly tested for repeated drops from 8', but who knows what the test parameters are.  Dropping only the plate its self wouldn't prove much.  Also, good collars would probably help with longevity.

• Like 1

I just gave 'em a little test. I loaded them on the bar dropped them a few times, the highest being from my chest and they did okay. A couple inches bounce then settle back down. They're pretty sturdy. They'll do fine.

They are there more for protecting the bar and the garage floor from each other. With those I'm only going to be doing basic form work and at most adding like 20 lbs with my iron weight, and maybe some bear complexes etc. I'm not going to be pushing limits on weight, so if they hit the floor I doubt it will be often or from a great height with great weight.

I'm still getting acquainted with the snatch. It's still pretty kinky and awkward as I haven't found all the sweet spots yet. Once my form improves on Oly's then it'll be time to get a decent set of bumpers and even sooner, a better bar. So that'll be a while.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

No I was just making a poop joke

Always a good use of your time.

4 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Going forward, I'm going to make playing with my snatch part of the morning routine. Just hit the garage and try to do some snatch work first thing in the morning. It should get my heart pumping.

Also, for daywalking, I'm going to try to clean up my nutrition by staying the fuck away from the vending machines at work and the gas stations. I just stocked up on whey protein and clif bars. The only exceptions here will be juice for mixing with whey powder and gatorade.

I'm also going to start experimenting with CLA supplements. We'll see how that goes.

Be sure to leave the garage door open so any passersby can be treated to the sight of you playing with your snatch.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

That's the problem with being regular in the first place. If you miss your window, you're done for the day.

Speaking from experience, this is an even bigger problem when you are less than regular.

18 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

I'm still getting acquainted with the snatch. It's still pretty kinky and awkward as I haven't found all the sweet spots yet. 

hehehehe…so many inappropriate things to say...

Kinky snatch work and poop talk. This could be my favorite thread.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Always a good use of your time.

Be sure to leave the garage door open so any passersby can be treated to the sight of you playing with your snatch.

That's fine and good. But it might be better to record it and post it on the internet so you can all comment on how I play with my snatch.

• Like 4

Oh and yeah. I just scheduled an interview for Monday.

SMH... Wondering if mentioning poops and snatch play will improve or lower my chances of getting hired...

• Like 4

On 7/26/2016 at 4:41 PM, Curl Brogo said:

I'm still getting acquainted with the snatch. It's still pretty kinky and awkward as I haven't found all the sweet spots yet. 

Must.  Stop.  Making.  Sick.  Jokes.  Must...Stop...

Keep poking around, you'll find em.

Oops.  Didn't stop.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Oh and yeah. I just scheduled an interview for Monday.

SMH... Wondering if mentioning poops and snatch play will improve or lower my chances of getting hired...

Good job on getting the interview. Try not to poop while playing with your snatch.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

How did it go?

It went well. Just an hour and a half long and talked to 4 people that worked there. They seemed impresed at how fast I turned their assignment around and I had good discussions overall with everyone. Just the software engineer was a little quiet, but that's normal for SE's.

I just followed up a few minutes ago in an email with my asking salary... I hit send and now my hands are a bit shaky and I'm not going to feel well until I hear whether they'll make an offer (or at least a response to negotiate that doesn't say I sound crazy).

Might have to eat something and play with my snatch to calm down...

• Like 5

Gah!

This is nerve wracking!

I think I'll have to binge-read The Martian now to take my mind off of it.

I did some snatching and ate lunch: 6 eggs with Swiss cheese, four small, baby potatoes, to pieces of toast and a 2 lb. tomato from the garden. The tomato was amaze-ballz.

Also, the scale this morning read at 260.0# It's been a while since I saw that number (which I was supposed to cross... last challenge, I think).

• Like 6

GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

No response yet.

Today was rough. I overslept... some mornings I get the snooze and off buttons mixed up. I woke up right about the time I try to leave by (Ahhh! Scramble) Made it on time but no time to shower or get coffee before getting behind the wheel. Inhaled a Monster and two sausage, egg, and cheese, biscuit sandwiches from the gas station.

All day, wondering if I'll get a response. Checked email at lunch... no. End of shift... no... When I got home... no... After dinner... no... Just now... no.

Made a bunch of errors today too cuz my mind is thinking about the offer and not how many dildos are in the drawer bin.

And now I have to go over and outline my paper... TONIGHT... because we need to fast track this thing to be done by September. Good timeline for me too... if I get the job.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

• Like 5

On the flip side, your life-training progression has jumped back into novice gains territory - new life-PRs weekly!  And on top of that, you got extra sleep at the price of maybe not smelling super fresh.  Fingers crossed on the job for you, buddy!

1 minute ago, Grymm said:

On the flip side, your life-training progression has jumped back into novice gains territory - new life-PRs weekly!  And on top of that, you got extra sleep at the price of maybe not smelling super fresh.  Fingers crossed on the job for you, buddy!

Good points.

Plus, on a humid summer day working in a warehouse nullifies all effort to smell super fresh anyway, so yeah.

The main reason for showering before work is to ensure cleanliness after a post-breakfast/coffee poop. I didn't have time for all three of those and the shower wasn't actually necessary.

Also, note: If the people trying to decide whether to hire me find this thread I'm doomed. The guy who talks about poops and snatches should not have requested that salary.

So keep it super on the DL okay.

• Like 3

I think the hiring managers would appreciate that you are keepin' it real. I mean how much more real does it get than talking about your bowel habits? I guess it depends on how well that helps you fit in with the team. Most people don't want boring vanilla people on their team. Not that they want you to talk about poop in the office, but they all secretly want someone who would talk about poop if it was acceptable. 

• Like 5