• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Tarly

Brogo just takes it easy and plays with his snatch

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I mean how much more real does it get than talking about your bowel habits?

I do a lot of weird things, but I never tell them at an interview that I am a 10am regular and have been that way for years and years and years.

• Like 2

Not poop, but...

When I was interviewing and they asked about hobbies, I purposefully didn't bring up lifting.  I didn't want to seem more passionate about a hobby than my work.  ;-)

Also, when I had my follow-up interview, they told me that they would make a decision by the end of the week, but didn't until the following week.  So no news was just that...no news. 

• Like 1

I haven't been on a job interview in a long time.  After years of sales and review meetings with customers on large projects, I've pretty much settled into the habit of being entirely overconfident.  Really, all I am is confident that I'm probably more confident in what I know than the guy/gal across from me.  I have a feeling this would bleed over into a job interview.  I think it's a pretty good approach provided you don't intimidate the interviewer.  It's basically "I got this".  So if they ask about my hobbies, I'm just going to keep talking until they fall asleep.

I've more frequently been the interviewer.  It probably depends on the company, but technical competence (your existing skills) isn't my primary concern.  I'm more concerned with (2) things:  A.)can this person research, learn, and develop new skills without continuous direction and instruction and B.) will this person suck to work with. Poop, remarkably, has never come up in an interview.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I've more frequently been the interviewer.

My current employer does not involve me in the interview process.

Hmm.  Maybe that's because they are afraid I would scare them off.

22 minutes ago, Grymm said:

technical competence (your existing skills) isn't my primary concern

For me, technical competence > > > social competence

:lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

I do a lot of weird things, but I never tell them at an interview that I am a 10am regular and have been that way for years and years and years.

I don't mean that you should talk about poop in an interview. Only that you be as charismatic as someone who would

• Like 2

It wasn't quite like...

mrw-i-see-a-tommy-boy-gif--87260.gif

But, I can only judge from my point of view.

1) I'm not crazy, and the salary I asked for is in the right range. They're taking the rest of the week to figure everything out... WIN!

2) I am crazy. I have completely disregarded reality and proposed a number that is unrealistic and hints at several personality disorders not excluding: mania, psychopathy/sociopathy, narcissistic personality disorder, etc... They are afraid to engage in any further contact with me... LOSE!

3) My number's a little high. They are figuring things out, coming up with a counter offer, and maybe making me sweat it out to see if I buckle and contact them offering to come down a little. So long as I stand my ground and am reasonable in future contact... likely WIN!

4) I proposed a number that is higher than the guy hiring me. He repeats the research I did, comes to the same conclusion, realizes he is way underpaid and is now renegotiating with and/or revolting against the company. WIN/LOSE (I don't get the job, but at least I helped someone else get what they deserve)

Sigh... I'm not sleeping well/focussing until I hear more.

I proposed a number that was around the national average for the job title. I also filled out a little survey that matched my education experience geography etc and with what I proposed it said I was a tad over average but not "overvalued". It was within the market range. Also looking at reported salaries from other areas and scaling them to the cost of living in Chicago, they match up almost perfectly.

I think I feel like it's 2 or 4 because I've been a poor student for too long... maybe. I'm used to working too hard for too little.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

2) I am crazy. I have completely disregarded reality and proposed a number that is unrealistic and hints at several personality disorders not excluding: mania, psychopathy/sociopathy, narcissistic personality disorder, etc... They are afraid to engage in any further contact with me... LOSE!

It sounds like there is a future for you in management!

• Like 4

I think you did your research perfectly. I did the same kind of research on salary for my job. I don't think you should sweat that the wait is in regards to salary (in a bad way), I doubt that is the hold up. It's probably something else outside of your control, like someone in management is on vacation or they are waiting to hear back from another applicant or something like that. If you don't hear anything by Monday I think it is safe to follow-up and ask them the status, inquire if there is any other information you can provide. I'm sure the internet can provide you with lots  of plausible reasons to call and inquire if you do a google search. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

1) I'm not crazy, and the salary I asked for is in the right range. They're taking the rest of the week to figure everything out... WIN!

3) My number's a little high. They are figuring things out, coming up with a counter offer, and maybe making me sweat it out to see if I buckle and contact them offering to come down a little. So long as I stand my ground and am reasonable in future contact... likely WIN!

4) I proposed a number that is higher than the guy hiring me. He repeats the research I did, comes to the same conclusion, realizes he is way underpaid and is now renegotiating with and/or revolting against the company. WIN/LOSE (I don't get the job, but at least I helped someone else get what they deserve)

5) They are too busy playing with their snatch and/or pooping to get back to you

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I think you did your research perfectly. I did the same kind of research on salary for my job. I don't think you should sweat that the wait is in regards to salary (in a bad way), I doubt that is the hold up. It's probably something else outside of your control, like someone in management is on vacation or they are waiting to hear back from another applicant or something like that. If you don't hear anything by Monday I think it is safe to follow-up and ask them the status, inquire if there is any other information you can provide. I'm sure the internet can provide you with lots  of plausible reasons to call and inquire if you do a google search. 

I sent the number on Tuesday, so my plan was to follow up on Tuesday.

Another thing, the guy leading the interview was a little sick like a cold or something during the interview, so that could be a factor.

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

5) They are too busy playing with their snatch and/or pooping to get back to you

If so, I definitely want to work with them.

6) Clearly I'm on drugs and need money for lawyer and court fees, and to feed my addiction... hence so high a salary. But, a good indicator my bizarre behavior an propensity to "party" I might be fun to work with (Wolf of Wallstreet style), as long as you don't leave your purse unattended... DRAW.

• Like 1

I was reading The Martian just now, and realized most of that book is written as Mark Wattney's log updates, which are full of numbers, complicated plans, and smart ass remarks. Now, replace words like rover, Hab, and MAV, and replace them with protein, squat, and bench press, and it pretty much reads like one of my challenge threads.

If I don't get this job, maybe I'll write a novel.

• Like 7

I finished The Martian last night.

It's Monday and I'm still waiting to hear back on the job offer. Hopefully I hear something today or tomorrow.

I'm leaning toward, if I don't get it, I'll probably get back on the web development horse again. Looking at what I need to know, I could pick it up fast with some dedicated submersion into books, web courses/tutorials, and coding, but the 40+ hours per week at work or going to/from makes that difficult. So, I'm pondering quitting and hitting the books. At the very least I need to find something else with a bigger paycheck and a smaller commute, so I can hopefully move out of here.

And I'm going back to Madison on Friday. I've got a bachelor party to attend all weekend, then I'm gonna go into lab and work on this damn paper some more and get things ready so we can submit it in September.

And go...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curl Brogo said:

I finished The Martian last night.

It's Monday and I'm still waiting to hear back on the job offer. Hopefully I hear something today or tomorrow.

I'm leaning toward, if I don't get it, I'll probably get back on the web development horse again. Looking at what I need to know, I could pick it up fast with some dedicated submersion into books, web courses/tutorials, and coding, but the 40+ hours per week at work or going to/from makes that difficult. So, I'm pondering quitting and hitting the books. At the very least I need to find something else with a bigger paycheck and a smaller commute, so I can hopefully move out of here.

And I'm going back to Madison on Friday. I've got a bachelor party to attend all weekend, then I'm gonna go into lab and work on this damn paper some more and get things ready so we can submit it in September.

And go...

Yay!!! Call me if you have free time :)

• Like 1