• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sarakingdom

Sara Kingdom Can't Be Having With This

Week 3: Day 4

The Bed

Nanny Ogg looked under her bed in case there was a man there.  Well, you never knew your luck.

• Sleep - # of hours: 7 points
  • Sleep - in bed before 11: 0 points

The Bees

Bees were [Granny Weatherwax's] one failure.  There wasn't a mind in Lancre she couldn't Borrow... but a swarm, a mind made up of a thousand mobile parts, was beyond her.

• Meditation - # of five-minute sets: 1 points

The Bottle

King Verence had long ago given up any idea of stopping a witch doing something she wanted to do, so merely required Nanny Ogg to keep her still somewhere it wasn’t obvious. She thoroughly approved of the prohibition, since this gave her an unchallenged market for her own product,  known wherever men fell backwards into a ditch as ‘suicider'.

• Water - # of liters: 2 points

The Bones

"If it gives you trouble again, you know where I live. You know where everyone lives.  Tuesday mornings is a good time.  I'm generally in."

• Daily structure - intermittent fasting (out of 1): 1 point
  • Daily structure - morning work startup routine (out of 5): 0 points
  • Daily structure - extra task bonus: 2 points
  • Daily structure - 5 each health/work/chores split (out of 6): 02points

The Body

Granny looked out at the dull grey sky and the dying leaves and felt, amazingly enough, her sap rising.  A day ago the future had looked aching and desolate, and now it looked full of surprises and terror and bad things happening to people… if she had anything to do with it, anyway. 

• Nerd Fitness Academy (0/3 - 5 point bonus for all three): 0 points
  • Swimming: 0 points
  • Walking: 0 points
  • Yoga (1/2 - 5 point bonus for two): 0 points

Total points: 15 points

22085339.jpg

Week 3: Day 5

The Bed

Nanny Ogg looked under her bed in case there was a man there.  Well, you never knew your luck.

• Sleep - # of hours: 6 points
  • Sleep - in bed before 11: 1 points

The Bees

Bees were [Granny Weatherwax's] one failure.  There wasn't a mind in Lancre she couldn't Borrow... but a swarm, a mind made up of a thousand mobile parts, was beyond her.

The Bottle

King Verence had long ago given up any idea of stopping a witch doing something she wanted to do, so merely required Nanny Ogg to keep her still somewhere it wasn’t obvious. She thoroughly approved of the prohibition, since this gave her an unchallenged market for her own product,  known wherever men fell backwards into a ditch as ‘suicider'.

• Water - # of liters: 2 points

The Bones

"If it gives you trouble again, you know where I live. You know where everyone lives.  Tuesday mornings is a good time.  I'm generally in."

• Daily structure - morning work startup routine (out of 5): 1 points
  • Daily structure - extra task bonus: 9 points
  • Daily structure - 5 each health/work/chores split (out of 6): 6 points

The Body

Granny looked out at the dull grey sky and the dying leaves and felt, amazingly enough, her sap rising.  A day ago the future had looked aching and desolate, and now it looked full of surprises and terror and bad things happening to people… if she had anything to do with it, anyway. 

• Swimming: 5 points
  • Walking: 5 points

Total points: 37 points

• Like 1

Okay, I'm kind of worn out from stuff, but I'm going swimming1 if it kills me.

Also, I need to get some headology going this weekend, because my head has been out of the game several days this week, like four of the past seven days, and it's been tough to get it back into the game.  My headology is sort of rusty.

1Faffing about in water, really.

• Like 1

You remind me that I really seriously need to pick up on the outdoor aspects of my challenge. Swimming and rucking in particular, although if I could get used to doing both at the same time, that would probably be better.

Regardless, it sounds like you've had a lot of success and that you're feeling better. That's good to hear. Awesome. :)

2 hours ago, Kishi said:

You remind me that I really seriously need to pick up on the outdoor aspects of my challenge. Swimming and rucking in particular, although if I could get used to doing both at the same time, that would probably be better.

Regardless, it sounds like you've had a lot of success and that you're feeling better. That's good to hear. Awesome. :)

It's not my toughest challenge, but that's okay.  I think I needed one I felt a little more on top of with a little less effort.  (And it's mostly the same stuff, so I think that means there are some small improvements going on.)

Swimming and rucking at the same time sounds either dangerous, or like lifeguard training.  Try some lifeguard training.  Lots of treading water holding a brick overhead and dragging things.

• Like 1

Week 3: Day 6 - did some stuff, but can't be bothered to write it down.

Week 3: Day 7

The Bed

• Sleep - # of hours: 5 points
  • Bad life choices: -2 points

The Bees

• Meditation - # of five-minute sets: 0 points

The Bottle

• Water - # of liters: 3 points

The Bones

• Daily structure - extra task bonus: 2 points
  • Daily structure - 5 each health/work/chores split (out of 6): 4 points

The Body

Total points: 14 points

Today's primary mission: hydrate.  I've been bad about that this week, and it's not helpful.  (Today's secondary mission: think up a new morning routine.)

• Like 2

Today's missions: more hydration (I need to catch up), and lower carbs (they've been creeping up lately).

Week 4: Day 1

The Bed

• Bad life choices: -1 points

The Bees

The Bottle

The Bones

• Daily structure - extra task bonus: 12 points

The Body

Total points: 29 points

"Our Sean read to me in the almanac where there’s all these fearsome wild beasts in foreign parts," he whispered.  "Huge hairy things that leap out on travellers, it said. I'd hate to think what’d happen if they leapt out on mum and Granny."

Magrat looked up into his big red face.

"You will see no harm comes to them, won't you?" said Jason.

"Don’t you worry," she said, hoping that he needn't.  "I’ll do my best."

Jason nodded.  "Only it said in the almanac that some of them were nearly extinct anyway," he said. 

--Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Today's missions: yet more hydration and some improvements on scheduling.

Week 4: Day 2

The Bed

• Sleep - in bed before 11: 4 points

The Bees

The Bottle

The Bones

• Daily structure - morning work startup routine (out of 5): 2 points
  • Daily structure - extra task bonus: 8 points

The Body

Total points: 36 points

• Like 2

Week 4: Day 3

The Bed

• Sleep - in bed before 11: 4 points

The Bees

The Bottle

• Water - # of liters: 1 points

The Bones

• Daily structure - extra task bonus: 8 points

The Body

Total points: 32 points

Normally by this time, I've got some idea what I'm going to do for the next challenge, and this week, I've just got nothin'.  I was considering Vimes or possibly AE Pessimal next time around.  I might go back to Feegles, though, because I'm feeling sort of blah about things, and Feegles are fun.  (It's that or the Luggage.  Could I do a Luggage challenge?  That could be amazing...)

Or I could even take a one-challenge break from Discworld, but who knows what it'd be.

• Like 1

Whoa, it is almost the end of the challenge. That confirms that I made the right decision not to do a challenge this time. Thanks for giving me advance warning to come up with something for the next round.

Looks like you are back on track for hydration and got some swimming in. Meditation is rumored to help with headology. If that doesn't work, I'd resort to bribery. B)

9 hours ago, Mistr said:

Whoa, it is almost the end of the challenge. That confirms that I made the right decision not to do a challenge this time. Thanks for giving me advance warning to come up with something for the next round.

Looks like you are back on track for hydration and got some swimming in. Meditation is rumored to help with headology. If that doesn't work, I'd resort to bribery. B)

I need so much more meditation.  Sigh.

Yes, come back to us next challenge!  We also need to get Lou back.  I miss Lou.

I've come up with the start of an idea for next challenge.  I think I need a brief Discworld break before I jump back in with Vimes.  Just a little variety.  I'm in a rut right now, so I need to do some new things.  I'm thinking of heading back to my roots here, because that should have something suitably mythic and bonkers to match up to Discworld:

Two years.  Eight stories.  The birth of modern Doctor Who.  Seven of the best stories the show has ever made.  (And one that sounds good on paper.)

I don't think I'll do Curse of Fenric or Ghostlight.  Too hardcore.  There's nothing whimsical about those two, and I'm in a more whimsical mood.  But you guys will have to let me know if you see anything else you like in there, and maybe I'll do that.  (I just can't decide.  Fascist rulers employing an insane candy torturer in a twisted Prozac-addicted bureaucratic dystopia?  Near-futuristic Wales invaded by raygun-punk Arthurian knights from another dimension who want to start a nuclear holocaust as the Doctor encounters himself out of order?  Hot cheetah people gnawing the legs off lots of people with an unhealthy attitude towards violence?  Nazis, cybermen, and an Elizabethan sorceress compete to steal a sly Gallifreyan superweapon the Doctor struggles to control?  Evil clowns procuring fresh meat for bloodthirsty gods?  Daleks?  Jazz?  Gay subtext?  There's just too much to choose from.)

• Like 2

Darlek challenge!!!!! Go on, you know you want to!

Ah yes, today I was lurking and you missed me.  Brilliant timing.  Planning on being back on sunday the 13th.  Minimal ideas for a challenge, but operating on the something is better than nothing basis at the moment.

Love your Nanny Ogg optimism with the sleep challenge.

YAY!!!!!

51 minutes ago, Lou_be_Lou said:

Darlek challenge!!!!! Go on, you know you want to!

Interesting choice!  I would need to do something with climbing stairs, for starters, which would be an interesting way to get exercise woven into my daily routine, and there's some room for both carbs and IF themes in the cafe scenes.  Special Weapons Dalek would indicate a special weapons theme, too, only I'm not totally sure what to do for that.  (I mean, I have options, but I don't know if this is the right challenge for them.)  It doesn't support my swimming as well as, say, Battlefield or Fenric would.  And whatever I do, with that umbrella, this might be the Bartitsu/La Canne challenge...

1 hour ago, Lou_be_Lou said:

Ah yes, today I was lurking and you missed me.  Brilliant timing.  Planning on being back on sunday the 13th.  Minimal ideas for a challenge, but operating on the something is better than nothing basis at the moment.

Lou, come baaaaaack!  Minimal challenge is fine, just starting is the thing.  Starting gets more done than not starting.

1 hour ago, Lou_be_Lou said:

Love your Nanny Ogg optimism with the sleep challenge.

Nanny Ogg is a delight, and I have not properly utilized her in a challenge. :)

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Lou, come baaaaaack!  Minimal challenge is fine, just starting is the thing.  Starting gets more done than not starting.

^^^^^^^^^^This

We miss you @Lou_be_Lou!

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Yes, you have a wide range of things that could be done. I like how Nanny's jolly exterior covers a steely center.

13 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Interesting choice!  I would need to do something with climbing stairs, for starters, which would be an interesting way to get exercise woven into my daily routine, and there's some room for both carbs and IF themes in the cafe scenes.  

Ooh...Dr. Who challenge.  It's one of my favorite shows, but I've not watched and re-watched enough to have any suggestions, and I've not seen either of those seasons. 

13 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I still suggest singing something bawdy and wildly off key.  Just once.  Loud enough to scare household pets.  Granny Weatherwax may not have held to hearing folk music, but that didn't stop Nanny Ogg. 

Also, hi!

I'm figuring a darlek challenge is more along the lines of utalising wheelie chairs and chanting exterminate.  Probably only good for half an hour and not so much an entire challenge........  tempting as right now the office only has 5 folk in our group and the other 4 groups seem to have started the weekend already........ 

And yes I've started my planning for sunday's kickoff.   Must go collect a few more underpants.  It'll be great to be back with you all.  Amazingly starting already happened about 4 weeks ago - have found enough mojo to contemplate my challenge.  All good.

Meantime cheering you on!

12 hours ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

I still suggest singing something bawdy and wildly off key.  Just once.  Loud enough to scare household pets.  Granny Weatherwax may not have held to hearing folk music, but that didn't stop Nanny Ogg. 

That is an excellent suggestion.  I might need to find the Hedgehog Song.

12 hours ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

Also, hi!

Hi!  Are you coming back next challenge? :)

52 minutes ago, Lou_be_Lou said:

And yes I've started my planning for sunday's kickoff.   Must go collect a few more underpants.  It'll be great to be back with you all.  Amazingly starting already happened about 4 weeks ago - have found enough mojo to contemplate my challenge.  All good.

A many-underpants challenge sounds awesome.  You might get an extra week, I think they put a week in between challenges now.  (But I often use them as a Week 0.)

Week 4: Day 4

The Bed

• Sleep - # of hours: 5 points

The Bees

The Bottle

The Bones

• Daily structure - extra task bonus: 4 points

The Body

Total points: 22 points

Week 4: Day 5

The Bed

The Bees

The Bottle

The Bones

• Daily structure - morning work startup routine (out of 5): 0 points
  • Daily structure - extra task bonus: 0 points
  • Daily structure - 5 each health/work/chores split (out of 6): 0 points

The Body

Total points: 16 points

On 8/11/2016 at 1:47 AM, sarakingdom said:

I need so much more meditation.  Sigh.

Yes, come back to us next challenge!  We also need to get Lou back.  I miss Lou.

I've come up with the start of an idea for next challenge.  I think I need a brief Discworld break before I jump back in with Vimes.  Just a little variety.  I'm in a rut right now, so I need to do some new things.  I'm thinking of heading back to my roots here, because that should have something suitably mythic and bonkers to match up to Discworld:

Two years.  Eight stories.  The birth of modern Doctor Who.  Seven of the best stories the show has ever made.  (And one that sounds good on paper.)

I don't think I'll do Curse of Fenric or Ghostlight.  Too hardcore.  There's nothing whimsical about those two, and I'm in a more whimsical mood.  But you guys will have to let me know if you see anything else you like in there, and maybe I'll do that.  (I just can't decide.  Fascist rulers employing an insane candy torturer in a twisted Prozac-addicted bureaucratic dystopia?  Near-futuristic Wales invaded by raygun-punk Arthurian knights from another dimension who want to start a nuclear holocaust as the Doctor encounters himself out of order?  Hot cheetah people gnawing the legs off lots of people with an unhealthy attitude towards violence?  Nazis, cybermen, and an Elizabethan sorceress compete to steal a sly Gallifreyan superweapon the Doctor struggles to control?  Evil clowns procuring fresh meat for bloodthirsty gods?  Daleks?  Jazz?  Gay subtext?  There's just too much to choose from.)

Oooooo.... I kinda want another Doctor Who Challenge now....

Also what's this lack of swimming points I see?  Go swimming and stop melting.

On 8/12/2016 at 5:16 PM, RisenPhoenix said:

Oooooo.... I kinda want another Doctor Who Challenge now....

Also what's this lack of swimming points I see?  Go swimming and stop melting.

Do a Doctor Who challenge.  We'll be Doctor Who buddies.

I went swimming!  It was awesome.  Not chilly enough, but pleasant.  About to again, because dying more.

• Like 1

Week 4: Day 6

The Bed

• Sleep - in bed before 11: 2 points

The Bees

The Bottle

The Bones

• Daily structure - extra task bonus: 0 points
  • Daily structure - 5 each health/work/chores split (out of 6): 0 points

The Body

Total points: 20 points

IT IS SO HOT EVERYTHING IS MADE OF GLOBAL WARMING AND DYING.

• Like 2

The heat is giving you lots of incentive to swim?

Wow, IF really suits you.  You're nicely flexible with it and managing your needs.  Looks like it's been a good challenge other than the sick part :-(

• Like 1

Granny breathed out, slowly. "Come and sit where I can see you. That’s good manners. And let me tell you right now that I ain't at all afraid of you."

The tall, black-robed figure walked across the floor and sat down on a handy barrel, leaning its scythe against the wall. Then it pushed back its hood. Granny folded her arms and stared calmly at the visitor, meeting his gaze eye-to-socket. 

I AM IMPRESSED.

"I have faith."

REALLY? IN WHAT PARTICULAR DEITY?

"Oh, none of them."

THEN FAITH IN WHAT? 

"Just faith, you know. In general."

Death leaned forward. The candlelight raised new shadows on his skull. 

COURAGE IS EASY BY CANDLELIGHT. YOUR FAITH, I SUSPECT, IS IN THE FLAME. 

Death grinned. 

Granny leaned forward, and blew out the candle. Then she folded her arms again and stared fiercely ahead of her. 

After some length of time a voice said, ALL RIGHT, YOU’VE MADE YOUR POINT.

--Terry Pratchett, Maskerade

• Like 3