• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stepping_out

[] gets ready for the Big Time, part 1

10 hours ago, evabo said:

Initially it was supposed to be 3 weeks, we've done 2. But then he said after that, it's going to be "more of the same", which doesn't bode well! Maximum 5 more weeks... whelp...

What doesn't kill you, helps you bench press bears. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

What doesn't kill you, helps you bench press bears. 

That's been the one noticeable thing so far, definitely getting more confidence with bench. Some tiny rep PBs and much better set-up. Very silly but I'm excited about it!

• Like 5

On 8/8/2016 at 6:59 AM, evabo said:

That's been the one noticeable thing so far, definitely getting more confidence with bench. Some tiny momentous rep PBs and much better set-up. Very silly but I'm excited about it!

FTFY.

17 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

It's never silly to celebrate personal bests. It is always awesome! ALWAYS!

QFT.

• Like 2

On 12/08/2016 at 10:38 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

FTFY.

Cheers dude! :chuncky:

So erm yeah, challenge seems to have passed me by a little bit!

1) Train. Lift all the things. 3 sessions a week, accessories not optional! Did this. The good news: I'm still alive, despite our coach's best efforts. Deathlifts 3x per week, it's an "experiment", apparently. But, I have to say, my training buddy and I both are feeling a lot more confident. Plus, if our central nervous systems haven't given up on us yet, that probably means we're a fair bit below our true max. On Saturday, I did 3x150*, which is my current competition max, after 3x130 and 3x140, feeling pretty good about that (*2.75x really, because I couldn't quite get my shoulders back at the top of the lift. Think I messed up the set up because I was able to hold it there for a good bit while trying to straighten up, so it wasn't a strength issue necessarily.). BENCH is making me happy, I've been creeping up from struggling with 52.5x4 to not struggling that much with 58.5x4. Incremental progress is progress, even when the increments are tiny! Squats going great, did box squats with 160 for 3x3 (5kg above current gym max), and they didn't feel as heavy on the shoulders as I thought they would. Happy days. So, yes, I've been training and sleeping and trying not to die!!!

2) Eat vegetables. A lot of them. Every meal, unless they make me gag at breakfast. Did not do this. I still have some of last week's salad in the fridge. I need to get on this! A pickled cucumber does not count as a vegetable!!!

3) Stretch. Romwod 3x per week minimum. More is more. I'm not sure I did romwod 3x per week, but I did stretch romwod-style after each training session, plus a few additional romwods. I definitely want to pick this up again, though.

Not super successful really, but I'm okay with that. Things have been very busy, plus the Olympics were on - someone had to watch all that! I'm off work from Thursday, looking forward to that and will use the time to get some good habits going again. Onwards & upwards, as per usual!

• Like 4

LOL, deathlifts.

On 8/14/2016 at 5:33 PM, evabo said:

A pickled cucumber does not count as a vegetable!!!

You can just say New York. Also, I just spent 10 minutes unsuccessfully searching for an Archer GIF.

I will be curious how your thrice weekly deadlifts go. I have been doing them once a week for a long time.

• Like 1