Casbin keeps pushing (4th Challenge)

Casbin

Allright, here we are again.

This will be my 4th Challenge, which honestly surprised me quite a bit as it means I've been coming in here for more then three Months. It feels like just a few days as I still am exploring what I can do and constantly meet new and interesting people around.

About myself:

I'm a 28 year old german coming in around 182cm and weighed in Saturday with 60,1 kg (about 6 ft 132 lbs).

Within the next 2-3 years I will:

- constistently weight 80kg

- run a 10km in under 1 hour

- polish my englishskills to a level were I can freely speak in english without feeling silly

I realise that some of those goals are contradicting each other, thats why I am applying a longer timeframe.

My goals for this Challenge:

Nutrition:

eat three meals per day (1 Point per meal)

eat at least one fruit every day (3 Points)

drink at least 2l other then coffee (3 Points)

Negatives - drink more then 4 cups of coffee per day (-1 per cup)

Fitness:

Beginner Bodyweight Workout 2x per Week (3 pts)

ZombieRun C25K twice a week (3 pts) - this actually was my reward for doing good on my nutritionplans for last challenge :)

Life:

Take at least 1h per day to do something for yourself (3Pts)

Cancel Contracts (1Pt per letter)

Extra credits for doing something creative (1Pt per Hour)

Write down all your achievements of the day (1 extra point)

For grading this Challenge I will go with a easy cut model 51% and I pass for every single subject.

Hope you are allready doing well and am hoping you will get to this strong!

See you around

Casbin

I will be on vacation from tomorrow on to the end of Week 1 in order to get you a fair and honest update I will need those notes from above.

• Like 2

Challenge: 0.1, 12, 3, 4, 5th, current (lost track)

Character

Hi there,

it's finally time to check back in.

@durfette & @Rebel_Timelord glad to see that you already got quite a bit done.

And @Traxex thanks for tagging me to that Accountability-Group, I'll make sure to stop by.

That being said, I'd like to have a look at last week:

Monday:

Nutrition:

3 meals

1 fruit

Cookies for a snack

coffe 4.5 cups            -1

2l tea

Fitness:

Z25K Day 2 (5,26km 30 min.)

Life:

1h for yourself - I'm not sure how to take this, I've spend quite some time everyday to sit in the garden, enjoying the sun, filing through the forummails I follow , texting, reading or just plain and simple doing and thinking nothing but enjoying my surroundings.

took notes as planned. +1

Tuesday:

3 meals

1 fruit

again cookies for coffee

4 cups of coffee               0

drank 2l of water

BBWW 3 sets, 50 Jumping Jacks for a warmup

Again a whole lot of time spend idle

went to the Barbecue from Volleyball

Watched Godfather Part 2

took my notes

Wednesday:

Unfortunately I forgot about my notes from here on out :( this is what I still remember

3 meals

1 apple

4 cookies

4 cups of coffee

around 3l of water

Restday but I was itching to move, so I went to the beach for some swimming

have been reading in Hans Hellmut Kirsts 08/15

Thursday:

guh, that was a really bad day...

2 meals

was finishing of my third can of coffee before what was happening (-6)

2l water

Talked with Katrin the Morag about going to fitnessclass and then couldn't get myself to get up

fooled around with a Gameboy for a couple of hours

watched Godfather Part 3

had a tough night, think I fell asleep between 5 and 6 am

Friday:

By the time I got up I already felt way better

3 meals again (tried out those Fajitas from the blog, had some fun with that)

3l of water

4 cups of coffee

cleaned the kitchen and bathroom

had a long walk

my parents came out by friday night which made things a bit more complicated

Saturday:

3 meals

>2l of water

4 cups of coffee

Spent a couple of hours in an interesting recipebook (am planning to try those in my first week back at work)

at least went swimming while my workouts didn't happen (3 times 50 strokes of breast- and backswimming isn't exactly much but I didn't do it for some years)

Sunday:

3 meals

>3l of water

1 fruit

4 cups of coffee

was reading 08/15 again

went swimming

Today:

3 meals

3 cups of coffee

1.5l water, 1.5l soda

1 fruit (practically some watermelong a a couple hands full of grapes)

Did the C25K Day 3 with 27°C and got back home with the first thunder (5,61km)

weighed myself with 62.8 :)

Gaming night

To sum it all up, it was great to get out for a while again.

Challengewise there is still room to improve and that's what those next few days will be about.

Will be trying to come back in by Wednesday.

Regards

Casbin

• Like 2

Character

Alright, time to face this.

Challengewise this was an utter defeat.

Mainly due to bad planning, adding in way more then what's reasonable at the moment and tackling some stuff that left me on the ropes.

Which also led to not being active around here at all...

To be honest I lost track of the seperate days and items which is why I'll be regarding this month as a fail by default and just go for a fresh start.

But I could have done way worse:

Including the last to weeks back to four meals a day I missed 4 or 5 in total.

I managed with the fruit on more then 14 days

Drinking water/juice/tea went up quite a bit, thought not allways >2l

Coffee... That was asking a bit too much. I came out with more then -20 with some slips on vacation & 6-8 cups at work. But that's still close to cutting it in half which is pretty great.

Fitnessrelated I managed 5 BBWW the first week of Zombies 5k and some additional exercises like light swimming (didn't go in the sea for some years) and some longer walks (5km+).

Concerning my lifegoals is where things are getting tough.

I did manage to do something for myself but only occasionally up to an hour.

Cancelling contracts happened in week two but it did felt like the damn Gordian knot anything and everything dependant on one another...

But I did get it started and forced some ground for the next few steps.

Unfortunately that's where I pretty much lost it, took me four days to sort things out and get going. The weekend and week three were all about managing exhaustion and sorting things out back at work.

I know this ought to sound silly from a normal point of view but about two years ago I had worked myself up to the breaking point and have been using the time up to now to claw my way back to a normal capacity at work. It's about time to start and get my life back on track as well.

I meant to talk about that ever since this blogpost concerning mental health but it's kind of hard to find words for it without feeling like a crybaby.

But here it is because it should give some perpective to this challenge and some changes I plan to implement.

This is a whole damn lot about me wanting to change more things at once then I can reasonable do right now.

Knowing that I jumped the gun and bought the academy access from my birthdaycash before I could think twice about it.

Another change will be opening a battlelog as I want to focus on the Challenge progress here but think it would be a good idea to write down some a the surrounding stuff for myself and stick with that. Part of that will also be typing down details on my Workouts and Foodlog.

This is quite a bit of text again and not exactly cheerful but I'll make sure to get back to that the next time around.

Later then

Casbin

• Like 1

Character

On 8/14/2016 at 7:32 AM, Casbin said:

I know this ought to sound silly from a normal point of view but about two years ago I had worked myself up to the breaking point and have been using the time up to now to claw my way back to a normal capacity at work. It's about time to start and get my life back on track as well.

I meant to talk about that ever since this blogpost concerning mental health but it's kind of hard to find words for it without feeling like a crybaby.

Doesn't sound silly at all! It takes a lot of courage to admit that to the world wide web. And if you sound like a crybaby, I'm right there with ya! But there is no weakness in calling it what it is and accurately assessing where you are emotionally. 

Eh, we in the Rebellion don't care if you're always cheerful. There's a lot of good to be drawn from difficult situations. No reason to sugarcoat it. I'm sorry the past few weeks were stressful at work and impeded progress. But from my POV, you did a great job and I don't think this challenge was a failure at all! Hopefully if nothing else it gives you some experience and a path to move forward. 

Best of luck friend. :) See you on the boards soon!

• Like 1

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

Hej, thanks for that @durfette!

I did post that solely and especially because of that Blogpost about mental health, because he's right. If nobody's talking, how would others be the wiser?

And thanks for the encouraging words.

After all I don't thing this went bad Goalwise, I just wasn't managing it around here at all.

Well, the next Challenge is coming up and I better get startet with setting up the battlelog and new Challenge ;)

Bye then

Casbin

• Like 1

Character