Whoohooo! Milestone birthday - haven't had one of these in a while. I'm super okay with moving up a decade, and while I know it's NBD, I like birthdays, and I like arbitrary deadlines, so I'm using it. My birthday is on August 12th, so right before the challenge ends. And I just want to feel proud of where I'm at when I hit that marker, so that's what this next month (And you know, like the last 3 years) are about. 

Point of Pride #1: Be SO Strong

I'm going to lose all of my kettlebell muscles this summer if I don't start doing them at home! Working out by myself is a huge hurdle for me, so I'm going to make it simple and straightforward - it doesn't have to be long or intense (although bonus points if it is!), but at a bare minimum 3x per week I need to do 100 swings and 3 TGUs per side. This is quick and easy enough that I have NO excuses not to do it, and chances are once I start I'll do a little more anyways. 

+3STR

A : 12     B : 10    C : 8     D : 6      F : <6

Point of Pride #2: Be a little Bendy

Let’s be honest. I’m never going to be SO bendy. Flexibility just ain’t in my genes. But I can be bendier than I am! And yoga is good for the soul. I just want to do yoga at least once a week.

+3DEX

A : 4     B : 3    C : 2     D : 1      F : 0

Point of Pride #3: Be SO Swift

All the biking! I’ve been very rain-adverse lately, but I need to suck it up. Or the weather needs to improve. Either way. I am going to ride at least 150km over the course of this challenge. If I just bike to and from work every day, I’ll get there, but I can do it outside of the bike commuting if I so choose.

+3END

A : 150km     B : 125km    C : 100km     D : 75km      F : <75km

Point of Pride #4: Be Lean like Lioness

I carry most of my excess weight in my belly – which is apparently really bad for you! I’d like to reduce the spare tire further. The best way to do this is to eat reasonably – no fork outrunning here. I’ll be using my usual metric calculations as a measure of success here.

Goal: <1,800 Calories per day  <100g Carbs per day  >80g Protein per day

1 pt per day for each item – target is 16 pts per week.

+3CHA

A : 64pts     B : 125km    C : 100km     D : 75km      F : <75km

Point of Pride #5: Be a Contributing Member of this Community

Funny how awarding arbitrary, unredeemable points offer an incentive to do something! This worked really well last time – I need to update my own thread 3x per week, and comment on someone else’s thread 10x per week.

+1CHA +1WIS

A : 52pts     B : 45pts    C : 39pts     D : 32pts      F : <32pts

• Like 4

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Yay for month long birthday celebrations!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

#Lifebeginsat30

#following

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try to keep up, old man.

Justkiddingiknowyoudhandmemyassontwowheels

Yay for month long birthday celebrations!

Right?! I even booked a half day off on my actual birthday, but not a full day, just to maximize my birthday wish receiving quota [emoji14]

#Lifebeginsat30

#following

You know it, pastor! I have no doubt that the next decade will far surpass the last. And the last wasn't too shabby.

Roaring along with you again.

lionesssig.jpg

You can keep me real on my lioness status. :D

• Like 4

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

I've definitely been treating week zero as a week off. Maybe not a great idea, but maybe some rest is a good thing? In any case, it's been raining constantly which puts a real damper on biking and outdoor yoga.

We saw Everlast at a local bar/grill last night with some friends, for my hubby's birthday. The place had a phenomenal menu, I want to go back! I had a seared tuna that was excellent. Hubs had a burger, and i stole a bite - it was off the hook. He too gets extended celebrations, as we're having a (low key) party tomorrow - disc golf and dinner with a few friends, plus Sunday morning brunch. I think I'll do pulled pork for the dinner, since that's easy to make ahead. Everyone likes pulled pork right? Or is this forum just a biased subset of the population?

Anyways, between that, and babysitting for my bestie tonight, I'm not too sure how much of a head start im going to be giving myself. I will definitely try to keep the food situation reasonable though.

• Like 2

Level 20

6 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Everyone likes pulled pork right?

If you can't get brisket ;) 

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Off to a good start on Day One!

Biking to work has happened. Awesome breakfast and lunch (both pork heavy... guys, I cooked like 8lbs of pork loin on the weekend!) have been eaten. And I will either yoga or kettlebell tonight. 

The weekend was full of sloth and gluttony... while it was kind of great, I am so very ready to behave like a reasonable person, and crush these goals.

• Like 5

Level 20

(Liking for the pork - not the side-eye-inducing sloth & gluttony)

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 1

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

(Liking for the pork - not the side-eye-inducing sloth & gluttony)

Sent on dragon wing

Hold off with the death stare - those days are behind me [emoji14]

YES for getting stronger while getting older! And being lean like a lioness means you can move like this:

tumblr_ma3ve2lUl61qh5vwvo1_500.gif

Awww yeah!

• Like 2

Level 20

Week One Day One:

1. No kettlebells

2. Yes, yoga! It was great, so glad I went.

3. 8.7km conquered!

4. 2/3pts - carbs were a little high, but other metrics fine.

5. 1 update for me, no checkins elsewhere though. I'm coming to find you all today!

Whoo, I am feeling that whole taking a week off biking then getting back into it thing! I was wiped this morning, but still biked to work again.

• Like 4

Level 20

Week One Day Two:

1. No kettlebells

2. No Yoga

3. 8.2 km biked

4.  1/3 - Oof. Not good. I could just not stop eating yesterday. Got enough protein, but carbs and calories were most definitely over. No pride here - must rectify today.

5. 1 update, 3 check ins

I biked again today - even though I didn't mean to! I have a physio appt to attend over my lunch hour, and I need the car to get to it - well, technically I could bike, but I don't have the time. Fortunately hubby has agreed to come take me, so I can hopefully get my aggravating(ed) back/shoulder back to baseline. 

For reals, I need to do some kettlebells tonight! Yell at me if I don't, mkay? I need the threat of side eye.

• Like 3

Level 20

Okaaay, so I did not KB last night. You may scorn me with the fire of a thousand suns now. 

In my defense, I drastically underestimated how sore I was going to be after my physioterrorist got his hands on me. I'm still pretty sore today, but I DID get up and do 100 swings and 30 squats (10x each: body weight, 20lbs, 25lbs). TGUs were still not a thing that was going to happen. Sooooooo, partial points?

Week One Day Three:

1. No kettlebells

2. No Yoga scheduled.

3. 8.2 km biked

4.  3/3 - Yay good food choices!

5. 1 update, 3 check ins

• Like 2

Level 20

Week One Day Four:

1. No kettlebells

2. No Yoga scheduled.

3. 11.9 km biked

4.  3/3 - Food was on point again! 

5. 1 update, 3 check ins

Another good day! I gained some bonus kilometerage biking to the grocery store after work - it's really not far, but since I'm pulling the trailer, it's a little more difficult. 

One of my coworkers wanted to go to yoga tonight, so it looks like I'll be getting two classes in this week! 

Tomorrow I'm working some overtime... Yaaaay. Well, yay money. And either after that, or on Sunday, my bestie and I are going to start working on our epic 30th birthday party! We're having a "Farewell to our 20's" 1920's theme party! Her MIL is going to help us make flapper dresses, so we're going to go thrift shopping for dresses to alter. 

• Like 3

Level 20

I'm impressed with all the biking you are getting in. :loyal:

It was a very good week for biking! I feel good about it.

Week One Day Five

1. No kettlebells

2. Bonus yoga! So good.

3. 8.7 km biked.

4. 3/3 pts Metrics were great!

5. One update and 2 check ins

Solid end to the week! I just need to eat sensibly this weekend and get a couple more kettlebell sessions in, and I'm golden!

Oh yeah, and walk a bazillion kilometers in an attempt to keep up with Hiroro for the step competition! *Game face*

• Like 2

Level 20

Great job at the yoga and biking. Looking forward to hearing about the KB that happens this weekend!

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien