• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

elinox

Elinox's Valkyrie Valor

12748453_641023929369226_1344741097_n.jp

Main Quest
To live a healthy and balanced life by exercising and trying to eat healthy.

My motivation
I've successfully dropped weight by counting calories so my diet will mostly be staying the same with 1200 calories per day M-F and then blow meals on the weekends. I've managed to put on some muscle in an effort to become stronger by weightlifting and I’ve discovered that I love lifting heavy things!

I enjoy doing themed workouts and for this challenge it will be valkyries; proper female warriors!

Smaller Quests
1. Weights

It’s time to get back to lifting all the heavy things!

I’ve missed it, so it’s time to re-set and lift stuff again. I like it, it makes me feel better about myself and it’s got practical, real-world purposes.

Scoring: x/4 (1 for each weight achieved)

• Bar Curls: 30lbs → 40lbs
  • Bench Press: 70lbs → 80lbs
  • Deadlift: 65lbs → 80lbs
  • Rows: 30lbs → 40lbs
  • Negative Pull-Ups: 5 → 8

Reward: +5 to STR (+1 for each completed)

2. Eat more fruits and veggies

I should cut down on processed junk food again so I’m hoping to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my weekly diet instead, based on my 1200 calorie intake. Besides, eating veggies and fruit is (apparently!) good for me. I want to aim to eat a fruit or vegetable once per day during the week. (Most weeks I don’t have a single vegetable, which, I know, is bad.)

Should the fruit or vegetable take the place of a sugary snack in the evenings too, all the better.

Scoring: x/20

Reward: +2 CON & +2 CHA

3. Running

While I do not enjoy running, it is a physical activity that warriors use: a lot. Walking is great, but running into battle in full armor is much more impressive. It’s also a hell of a lot harder. So, in order to properly train like a warrior, I want to run at least twice a week.

I’m aiming for the following time breakdown:
Week #1: 10 minutes
Week #2: 15 minutes
Week #3 & #4: 20 minutes

Scoring: x/8
Reward: +3 STA & +3 to DEX

llHsIPvjo7nrxk8qyVU-5UnKIa7hZ5z-6xV1oDMm

“Wise thought her the valkyrie…” - Hrafnsmál poem

• Like 2

Just now, x Valkyrie x said:

Hello, visiting the Warriors from the Rangers - I like your theme!! ;) 

Also, great goals! Good luck with your challenge! =)

Appropriate that my theme gets some love from a Valkyrie, thanks!

And I had a peach today!

Fruit or Veggie: 1/20

• Like 2

Which fruits and or vegetables help you to stick to your plan of eating them? Lately I've become a bagged chopped salad fanatic. 

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Which fruits and or vegetables help you to stick to your plan of eating them? Lately I've become a bagged chopped salad fanatic. 

The problem for me with veggies specifically is that I'm a picky eater. I only eat five vegetables (and some people tell me 2 of those don't 'count'.) So when I started eating healthy, people assumed that meant I had salad for lunch. Which was never the case as I don't eat salad! 

I like more fruits than I do vegetables, but for my challenge I really just need to think ahead to accomplish it. For example, I got peaches over the weekend for the entire week. Sadly, the rest of them have gone bad now so tonight I will need to stop by the store to get another fruit or veggie for the rest of the week. The key is planning things out beforehand.

9 minutes ago, elinox said:

The problem for me with veggies specifically is that I'm a picky eater. I only eat five vegetables (and some people tell me 2 of those don't 'count'.) So when I started eating healthy, people assumed that meant I had salad for lunch. Which was never the case as I don't eat salad!

I eat bananas and broccoli.  I like lots of things, but bananas and broccoli are basically the only fruits and vegetables in my house.  I go through a lot of them.  I do eat a bit of salad at work every day, but never have salad in the house.  You can get by on a limited selection if you don't mind the repetition.

2 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I eat bananas and broccoli.  I like lots of things, but bananas and broccoli are basically the only fruits and vegetables in my house.  I go through a lot of them.  I do eat a bit of salad at work every day, but never have salad in the house.  You can get by on a limited selection if you don't mind the repetition.

I'm a creature of habit so repetition never bothered me!

I will eat carrots, corn, potatoes, green beans and red beets; those are my 5 veggies. Broccoli is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the evil foods so no way!

Running: 2/8

I actually ran for 10 minutes, walked for a few, and then ran for 5 more so I've met both my 10 and 15 minutes goal this week already. (I was feeling motivated at the gym today and just went for it!)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Erick the Red said:

Great work so far.  Aside from the apples, what else can you plan to eat?

Um, so far, I've done apples and peaches. I would have had peaches all week, but they went bad early. So I got the apples instead.

I'm not so gung-ho that I can do more than 1 fruit or veggie per day. ;) 

Fruit or Veggie: 5/20

18 hours ago, elinox said:

Running: 4/8

Fruit or Veggie: 9/10 

I ran for 20 minutes straight! And I had carrots today.

That's awesome! Running and carrots for the win! I also had carrots yesterday and I'm probably going to plant some carrot seeds today. Haha. :)