• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

elinox

Elinox's Valkyrie Valor

Running: 6/8

I managed 15 minutes of running today.

Fruit or Veggie: 12/20

More fruit salad today! And this is what the fruit salad was in: watermelon turtle! (Which I did myself, thanks to watermelon.org!)

turtle.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Not going to lie, I have watermelon turtle envy.

It actually wasn't that hard. It took me about an hour and a half and all I needed was a large knife to cut the watermelon in half, a melon baller and a channel knife to make the turtle lines. Surprisingly, the channel knife was on the back of my lemon peeler. 

2 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Was this watermelon for a party or were you just feeling inspired? :D 

It was for my sister's baby shower. ;)

17 hours ago, elinox said:

Fruit or Veggie: 13/20

I had fruit salad on Thursday and an apple today. 

Double duty, great work!

Fruit or Veggie: 14/20

I had carrots today.

I did 3 sets of 8 negative pull-ups each and I also did 2 sets of 40lbs for 6 reps each time on the bar bell curl. Now I just need to get to my bench press goal!

• Like 2

Fruit or Veggie: 16/20

Running: 7/8

And something about my count for my fruit or veggie seemed...off to me. So I went back through my thread and, apparently, I went from 12/20 on August 2 to 11/20 on August 3. I blame Math since I'm an English major: damn you for always being so sneaky!

• Like 1

Fruit or veggie: 17/20

I had an apple today.

And I hit 2 sets of bench press; the first I managed to get 6 reps but the second only to 4 reps on 80lbs. At least I reached my goal!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, elinox said:

Fruit or veggie: 17/20

I had an apple today.

And I hit 2 sets of bench press; the first I managed to get 6 reps but the second only to 4 reps on 80lbs. At least I reached my goal!

Great job reaching your goal!

Challenge Recap

1. Weights
Scoring: 4/4 (1 for each weight achieved)
Reward: +5 to STR (+1 for each completed)

• Bar Curls: 30lbs → 40lbs = achieved 8/9/16

• Bench Press: 70lbs → 80lbs = achieved 8/11/16

• Deadlift: 65lbs → 80lbs = achieved 8/1/16

• Rows: 30lbs → 40lbs = achieved 8/3/16

• Negative Pull-Ups: 5 → 8 = achieved 8/9/16

I enjoyed lifting the heavy things again and I think my form was decent throughout. However, on my last set of bench press my form was wobbly and not very good. Overall though, I still like weight lifting.

2. Eat more fruits and veggies

Scoring: 18/20
Reward: +2 CON & +2 CHA

I did eat more fruits than veggies, although I did have some veggies too. And it was certainly more than I normally eat.

3. Running
Scoring: 8/8
Reward: +3 STA & +3 to DEX

I am still not a runner. In fact, when I do run it’s more like how most people jog. It’s not fast and my stride is short because so am I. However, I did run and my endurance is stronger than a lot of people due to my force of will.

Overall, another successful challenge completed! Although I do not care for the shorter, 4 week challenges since I don’t feel it really leaves enough room to be truly challenging. I’m not sure if I’ll continue to participate here, since my fitness and eating routines are pretty much set, but we’ll see.

2 minutes ago, Grymm said:

You could always double up and make a 9 week challenge that spans 2 challenges.  Anyway, gratz on the successful challenge!

I could and I've considered it. But 8 weeks seems too long. I liked the 6 week schedule the best because they say it takes 6 weeks to cement a new habit and I've found it to be true.