V for Vetinari (ex-MJ) Leaps Toward American Ninja Warrior

Yesterday, Saturday 8.28:

Diet goal N/A (but man did I eat a lot of vegan cupcakes)

No bbww

No walking/biking

40-ish minutes of dancing: lots of jumping and twirling, so basically a Zumba class

No flossing. Considering how tired I was when I got back to the hotel, I'm happy I managed to brush my teeth.

No Spanish

Sunday 8.29:

Walked 8 miles (made up 3 of the 5-mile deficit from Saturday)

No bbww

Diet goal N/A

No Spanish

Flossed in the morning

"Those who shun the whimsy of things will experience rigor mortis before death."

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Monday, 8-28-16:

Walked 4.7 miles

BBWW!!!

Mid-length stretching routine

Spanish: Duolingo, counted reps in Spanish

Diet goal N/A

Flossing TBD

BBWW Detail:

3 circuits of the basic routine

20 squats

10 counter push-ups

20 standing lunges

20 dumbbell rows

15 slow count plank

30 jumping jacks

"Those who shun the whimsy of things will experience rigor mortis before death."

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Tuesday 8-30: (I now see that I put Saturday 8-28, Sunday 8-29, and Monday, 8-28. I no longer know what day it is.

Walked 7.5 miles

BBWW N/A

No hot chocolate

No Fig Newton/granola bar

Spanish: Harry Potter

Flossing TBD (should do since I didn't last night but tiiiired) -ETA: I tried. I reminded myself that I only need 15 seconds. BUT. I can't find my floss. I did what I could with the 6-inch-radius floss, but that's only 25% of my junctures. Oh well. I passed.

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Walked 5.5 miles

No hot chocolate

One Fig Newton, thought I was crunched for time while preparing for a meeting. Invitee didn't show up!

Spanish: Harry Potter ran out, so I did some Rosetta Stone flashcards and a new book about an aunt who saves the summer

No bbww

Flossing tbd

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

11 hours ago, Kenny007 said:

Nice job getting back on the BBWW! How many times a week do you want to try and do that? What are you using for your dumbell rows now?

You def got the walking down!!

Thanks! Honestly my official goal now is once a week. There's still weird stuff happening with my life so I want to give myself achievable targets.

Dumbbell rows are with a gallon jug full of water. Since it's lighter than recommended I do more reps.

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Thursday, 9-2-16:

Life continued to be crap today. Stress-ate TWO granola bars. Didn't get all my walking in. Made a life flowchart to cheer myself up.

Walked 2.5 miles

Two granola bars

No hot chocolate

Spanish: a little of the new book and some Rosetta Stone flashcards

No BBWW

FULL FLOSSING ACTION - oh god I've been dealing with this crappy too-big floss for so long (like a week) that my gums dissolved into a pile of mush tonight when I finally was able to do a full round. It's still not the ideal floss, although I'm at least back on the horse. I've got a dentist visit in a couple weeks and will ask for extra floss. They're the only ones with the good stuff, the stuff I need, the stuff that really gets in there. Oh my god the one thing I choose to expound on is my fucking flossing... I hope you're able to retroactively ignore all of this nonsense.

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Saturday 9-3-16:

There's almost nothing to track today. I spent all day traveling and doing voter outreach. I spent 5 hours on my feet, but most of it was standing still. 

Walked... 2-3 miles?

Flossed

No Spanish

No BBWW

Diet goals N/A, but I did resist buying candy when I got home

On 3/9/2016 at 0:21 PM, Elastigirl said:

Sorry life is hard right now.Hope it gets better soon.

Thank you! My flowchart helped, as have many kind friends and copious puppy gifs.

• Like 1

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge