Honeybadger: Beyond Redemption

honeybadger

My last two challenges have focused on seeking redemption by not being Lazy, Anti-social or Eating like an A**hole. Goals were met overall and  I feel like redemption has been achieved! So what's next? This challenge I will be focusing on my diet. I hope to narrow down foods that trigger my tummy troubles. Weight loss is not a specific focus but I would be totally cool with losing a few lbs and finally reaching my goal weight.

I am going away for a few days week 3, so my goals will be for weeks1,2 and 4. week 3, I'll do my best. Here are the specifics.

DIET

1. Follow my Paleo-ish diet plan which is basically Paleo + dairy (without nuts). This diet plan eliminates  all of my known trigger foods (corn, legumes, nuts). I also eat limited amounts of white rice. I know that there is some debate about if small amounts of white rice are Paleo approved, but I'm not eating strictly Paleo. 

2. No sweets. I will make an allowance for social situations, but no more than 1x/week. 

3. Track meals in MFP 

4. Track somatic symptoms in journal

EXERCISE

1. Continue to exercise 3-4x each week. This will be a combo of running and spinning as usual.

2. Increase running mileage. Anything over 6 miles/week will count. I want to continue to do as much RWRing as I can, weather permitting. 

3.  Explore new places for RWRing 

SOCIAL

1. Stay active on my thread 

2. Support fellow Rangers

Finally, I have some family stuff going on. Nothing serious, but it does have the potential to derail progress. I tend to eat my stress and shut down. My last goal is to not let my family drama interfere with my goals. 

• Like 4

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

I'm in the food focus group as well. You got this. PM me for a listening ear re: family issues if needed.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Zero week is wrapping up. I was a little lazy. I made it to 2 spin classes but only ran once (on the DM) for 2 miles. My diet was totally on point for the week so I don't feel too bad about slacking a little exercise wise. I should have no problem hitting my weekly calorie goal. I have a little over 800 cal left for today to stay on track. Shouldn't be a problem. It is supposed to be pretty hot this week so I am going to have to be creative about getting my RWRing in. I might have to *gasp* get up early and run. I'm ready for the new challenge to begin! Bring it on!

21 hours ago, Evicious said:

Oh yeah, and great challenge, too! Wanna be food accountabilibuddies?

Thanks! And yes food accountabilibuddies!

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm in the food focus group as well. You got this. PM me for a listening ear re: family issues if needed.

Food focus seems to be another example of Rangerbrain collective unconscious this challenge! Thank you for the kind offer. I might take you up on it.

• Like 2

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

Challenge is off to a good start! Sunday-runday! I did a very hot sweaty DM run at my condo-gym. It was 83 in the the gym. Still cooler than outside and I was able to have a fan on me. I did 3.5 miles in about 38 min. I wanted to put myself in good shape mileage wise because I know that running this week will be challenging due to the heat. I might have to add a run day, which will be fine. 

My calories for the day were a little under. Diet on track. I was having some sugar cravings but did not cave. Some symptoms but I'm 99.9% sure that they are related to hormones and not to diet. 

The not great part of the day was that my dog barfed. A lot. Of course she does this as I'm eating my dinner. Poor pup. I boiled up some white rice. So much for her grain free diet!

2 hours ago, Xena said:

If you don't usually run in the morning, I would say a RWR in the morning kind of counts as exploring a new place. Great job on zero week!

This was my thought exactly! I have never been a morning runner. I think this is why I haven't run more races. 

• Like 3

following

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

I'm just swinging by to remind you all of this...

fc,800x800,white.jpg

...because it is relevant here.

• Like 4

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Did some adulting today which included a trip to the market, laundry and boiling some hamburger for the dog. I hate vomit so I tend to be overly cautious. Also because she can't tell me when she is feeling better. She is finally acting like normal.

Made it to spin class tonight it was a "Jumps" ride. My teacher is a sadist. And very god at finding new and creative ways to make us suffer. Tomorrow I rest. 

Calories on track for the week. I miss sugar. I miss snacks. 

21 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I just toss him outside to eat grass. 

I wish this was an option…damn third floor condo.

11 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

following

Welcome!

10 hours ago, Evicious said:

tumblr_n92g9l0FZN1qeakqqo1_1280.jpg

Monday was Rangered!

7 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'm just swinging by to remind you all of this...

fc,800x800,white.jpg

...because it is relevant here.

Perfect!!!

• Like 2

Today turned out to be a lazyish rest day. I did a load of laundry. Turns out that I run out of closet/drawer space when all of my clothes are clean. My floordrobe is calling!

The best part of the day by far was the dog park. The weather was finally nice enough to turn off the A/C and be outside so I packed up the pup and my coffee and went to the park. Shortly after we got there some other dogs showed up and she actually played with them. Then a group of teenaged girls showed up which made her even happier. They had 2 big dogs on the other side but came over to play with the littles. The people were really nice and quite normal. It was a good day at the dog park. 

Diet was compliant today. I tried a new recipe that was just ok. Makes me wish for the calories back so I could eat something yummier. In any case  I should end up right on target with my calories for the day. No tummy troubles or symptoms to report. 

Still no sweets. I had the urge to eat strawberry jam out of the jar with a spoon. I didn't. But I thought about it a little longer than I should have. Now I'm thinking about it again. 

Tomorrow is a run day. I will try to get up earlyish and run (RWR) but might end up running in the evening. 

7 hours ago, Raxie said:

I feel you on family drama working its way into your fitness and eating!  You've got an awesome plan laid out though - good planning helps combat all that ickiness for sure!

Following!

Welcome back!!! Family drama is the pits. Tomorrow I have a lunch date with family. We are going out which should minimize the potential for emotional drama. My "get through lunch without blowing it" plan is to look at the menu on-line tonight and pick my meal so I don't default to comfort food. Also my goal is no cocktails or dessert. If I fail on one it will be booze. 

8 hours ago, Evicious said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNKwQsuhbSnLb7P8An5O7

Is there any other option? 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

Diet was compliant today. I tried a new recipe that was just ok. Makes me wish for the calories back so I could eat something yummier. In any case  I should end up right on target with my calories for the day. No tummy troubles or symptoms to report. 

Welcome back!!! Family drama is the pits. Tomorrow I have a lunch date with family. We are going out which should minimize the potential for emotional drama. My "get through lunch without blowing it" plan is to look at the menu on-line tonight and pick my meal so I don't default to comfort food. Also my goal is no cocktails or dessert. If I fail on one it will be booze. 

Know what you mean about wasting calories on things you don't like that much. First world problem, but that doesn't make it less annoying.

A drink can be very helpful in tense/stressful family situations! Could be worth the calories :-)

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Things I did not do today

1. Run, or anything else remotely considered exercise. By the time I took care of the dog and caffeinated I could not squeeze in a pre-lunch run. After lunch, I didn't feel like it. I will run tomorrow. 

2. Drink (booze). I stuck with seltzer. My mom and aunt got to the restaurant early and ordered themselves drinks. I wasn't even tempted. 

3. Eat dessert or blow my diet in any way. I ordered grilled chicken with grilled cauliflower and subbed wilted spinach for the potatoes. Calories are totally within my goal for the day (I had to estimate in MFP but I was very generous with the calories). My "sweet" treat for the day was a banana smoothie (1 frozen banana + 1c 2% milk + coconut extract). No added sugar. 

Lunch was surprisingly not stressful. No histrionics, no drama. Thank goodness. 

A few symptoms noted. Because cauliflower and spinach at lunch.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, honeybadger said:

A few symptoms noted. Because cauliflower and spinach at lunch.

A musical combination I'm sure.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I ran today as planned. 2 miles in 21:13. Mile 1 in 10:47 and mile 2 in 10:25. I probably would have pushed a little further but I tried a new part of the bike path. I didn't like it and I won't run it again. It ran along a very busy road and had zero shade (when I was there anyway). There are a few other more scenic sections that I will explore this challenge. My miles for this week so far are 5.50. I still need to run more than .50 miles to hit my goal. Won't be a problem. Diet was compliant today. Still need to add in my calories for lunch and dinner but they should be well within my allowance. No symptoms to report. 

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A musical combination I'm sure.

Yup. Fortunately, between my BF, his kids (2 teen boys) and the dog... I live in a fart friendly environment. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, honeybadger said:

I ran today as planned. 2 miles in 21:13. Mile 1 in 10:47 and mile 2 in 10:25. I probably would have pushed a little further but I tried a new part of the bike path. I didn't like it and I won't run it again. It ran along a very busy road and had zero shade (when I was there anyway). There are a few other more scenic sections that I will explore this challenge. My miles for this week so far are 5.50. I still need to run more than .50 miles to hit my goal. Won't be a problem. Diet was compliant today. Still need to add in my calories for lunch and dinner but they should be well within my allowance. No symptoms to report. 

Yup. Fortunately, between my BF, his kids (2 teen boys) and the dog... I live in a fart friendly environment. 

Well done! You've pretty much killed Week 1. :D 

Actual conversation I had with my husband the other day (after several days of broccoli in my lunches):

Him: *comes into the game room* Ugh! Was that Simba? [our pit-mix]

Me: *sheepish grin* Noo.....?

Him: *sighs* Y'know, I just wanted to come in here and kiss you, and tell you how beautiful you are... but you are just too stinky.

Me: AWWWW!!! *puts arms out for hug*

Him: No. I said too stinky. *darts out the door*

Spoiler

Me when I fart; every. single. time.

full.gif

• Like 4

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

On 7/21/2016 at 6:59 PM, honeybadger said:

That's a darned good run in the weather we've been having lately!

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I have been slacking on posting for the past few days so here's what week 1 ended up looking like. 

DIET

I Followed my Paleo-ish diet. I ate a little rice and had one piece of breaded chicken. Calories were way over on Saturday but still managed to come in right on target for the week. No sweets were consumed. This makes me sad and proud all at the same time. No tummy troubles.

EXERCISE

I got four workouts in this week. Two were fairly short so it was really more like three. I got a RWR in. I tried a new run and hated it but I tried. I increased my mileage to 6.60 miles. I try not to increase by much more than 10% a week so this was right on target. They were miserable, hot miles... but miles logged are miles logged. 

SOCIAL

I did alright here. Could have been better. I have started getting notifications on my phone again (after a few challenges without them). I think this is actually hurting me in regards supporting others. I read the email but don't always get log back on to post comments. Family drama did not interfere with my goals. 

Week 1 was a good week. Let's hope week 2 is just as good. 

• Like 3

It's mid week and I am worried that I won't be hitting my miles for the week. Sunday, usually my DM long run day, I was feeling under the weather and did not exercise. I actually took a nap which I never do unless I'm sick. I am a crappy sleeper and can't sleep during the day usually no matter how tired I am. Monday I made it to spin and I still feel sore today. I would like to run today. I'll see how the day goes. If I do it will be inside, which will still be hot (last time it was 84) but at least I'll have a fan on me. 

My diet this week has been good. Following my diet and staying within my calorie limits. No tummy troubles. I want chocolate in the worst way!!! I wish I could report that I have noticed a big difference on the scale. My weight is pretty stable at 147.5… this is frustrating. In the past, frustration has turned into "fuck-it I might as well eat sweets." I'm trying not to do this. Did I mention how much I want chocolate?

My furry beastie had a rough week which was nerve-racking for me. The heat has been tough for her. I actually think that she ended up getting dehydrated and constipated after getting sick. She is now getting chicken broth and pumpkin with her kibble. She seems to be back to normal for a few days now. She is definitely happy to get these extra "treats" with her meals. 

On July 23, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Xena said:

That's a darned good run in the weather we've been having lately!

This is high praise coming from you! Thanks!!

18 hours ago, Raxie said:

Nice job with running through the heat AND managing your weekly calories  even though you had some overages :D

Thanks! It running has been harder than the diet with the heat. My overage was due to snacks (healthy) at the beach.  I actually think the heat has helped with the diet. I tend to not feel like eating or cooking when it gets really hot. 

• Like 1