T-Rose's First Challenge: I Choose You!

Wobbegong

Progress report 8/1: 

I ended up eating that danish for breakfast the next day and it was terrible. Not just because it was a stale, day-old danish, but because I ate it with so much less enthusiasm than I remember having for those particular danishes in the past. I sincerely hope this means I'm somehow teaching my tastebuds/brain to prefer better foods. It had all the right flavors and textures (well, like I said it was going stale), but it just didn't feel like a treat. It felt like I had to eat it. 

I also stress-ate some Justin's peanut butter cups Sunday night, which, while significantly less processed and gross (and amazing) than Reese's, still fall on my do-not-eat list. Along with the danish, a soda, and the crackers, that exceeds my quota for highly processed foods this week, but I think I did significantly better than last week. Maybe not in terms of actual crap eaten, but definitely in terms of crap desired. So far today I haven't wanted anything like that. 

I did make my lunch-from-home goal last week and so far so good this week (1/1 lol). Hoping to cook some soup tonight to have ready-made breakfasts/dinners, which is also helpful. 

Still have not reached my stretch goal of three workouts in a week, but I'll keep working on that. I have been hitting my stated goal of 2x/week, and I've been having fun trying out some different progressions. I also skipped my workout this morning in favor of sleeping in (seriously I have just been in constant rest mode for days -- is there something else exhausting me?! Have I been neglecting myself somehow?? I thought I was being healthy! Maybe I just screwed up my sleep schedule this weekend?), but I'm looking forward to doing it tomorrow. Well, I was looking forward to doing it today, too, so if I don't make it tomorrow morning I'll have to do it in the afternoon, which will be adequate punishment. It's so much hotter in the afternoon. 

Annnnd I'm going to go ahead and update my TEFL goal to "complete section 1 of program" since I made my goal of "research, select, and purchase program" last week! 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, tyrannosaurus rose said:

I've taken the first step toward becoming a superhero, and also like now I better follow through or else

You go girl :-). Congratulations, sounds like it's all going well. I think you can tell by how you feel about a decision after you've made it whether it's a good one.

I'm glad you're doing well on the rest of your challenge too.

Level 2 Warlock

Battle Log | First Challenge | Current Challenge

19 hours ago, Myrdinn said:

I think you can tell by how you feel about a decision after you've made it whether it's a good one.

I did feel really good about it... now I feel like I better stop watching television and get started on my coursework! 

10 hours ago, Hpav said:

Love your challenge! I wish you the absolute best! Also I am definitely the same way when it comes to running out of steam quickly but having a lot of initial gusto!

Well, I did do my best to limit my challenges knowing I tend to have trouble sticking with them. Baby steps! But I honestly don't know what's got me so exhausted these past couple of days... I did much better today (after forcing myself to exercise in the morning) but I'm definitely having trouble regaining my enthusiasm. Still, I'm seeing results already, so that's a good incentive to keep it up! 

Thanks for your support! It's great to know I'm not in this alone. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tyrannosaurus rose said:

I'm definitely having trouble regaining my enthusiasm.

This happens to me during challenges too. Any change will first be easier because I have all those enthusiasm, when it disappears only my will to actually do it keeps me going. And we all know how easy it is to rely on will power. But tough it out, it does get easier again after a while. :)

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Ok well... it's been a while. Whoops. 

Week 3 went really well! I hit all of my goals (even though I had to bully myself into exercising and got started late in the week, I still made my goal, and it was worth it). 

Week 4 I forgot to bring a lunch I had ready made on Monday, and I had plans to go out on Thursday, so I ended up just barely missing my lunch goal. However, I made that goal consistently every other week and have a clear plan going forward, so overall I'll count it as a win. I also managed to do BBWW only once during Week 4, but I did get distracted by this and spent some time upside-down. I will incorporate the 28-day into my next challenge. I also put some quality time into TEFL now and am feeling comfortable and confident with pursuing it, so that's great! I'll keep it up. 

Thanks to everyone for being here (even especially when I wasn't)! It's become clear to me that I won't make any progress without accountability, so I'm going to need to build that into my next challenge. Thanks again! <3

• Like 1

Sounds great and that handstand article looks good. I saved it away for when I'm ready to start practicing that. So thank you.

Looking forward to seeing your new challenge!

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals