Greetings, Runner 5! Grab a seat, have a meal, take a load off! No zoms here!

zombiesrun.jpg

Welcome to the support group for all Runners 5. There are a lot of us, and a lot of first time challengers doing Zombies 5k. 

So let's support each other. Ask each other questions -- Maybe about that W2D2 glitch? 

All runners welcome here!! 

• Like 4

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

If I've seen you mention Zombies, Run, I'm tagging you. You ain't required to join. But you're damn well going to know about us! 

@Rebel Five 

@RavenclawMystic

@Casbin

@Jessebel

@Treva

@Raxie (I know you're a doodlie. But maybe you can hang out with us, too?)

@WorldSparrow

@BitterOyster

@Severine

@RogueLibrarian

@Maddie Hatter

@Nymeria

@The Cool Pirate

@Teirin

Yes. I've seen you all talking. Now let's talk together :D

• Like 6

Level 2 Drow Ranger

Just now, Treva said:

Cool!  I haven't picked up Zombie 5K but now I might (I've been staring at it foreeever).  Go team Anti-Zombie!!

Dooooo iiiiiitttttt

Level 2 Drow Ranger

2 hours ago, Traxex said:

Greetings, Runner 5! Grab a seat, have a meal, take a load off! No zoms here!

zombiesrun.jpg

Welcome to the support group for all Runners 5. There are a lot of us, and a lot of first time challengers doing Zombies 5k. 

So let's support each other. Ask each other questions -- Maybe about that W2D2 glitch? 

All runners welcome here!! 

I'll kick off the discussion; for those of you who've gone through 5k training and played some of the main game, how much does the 5k training add to the plot? I was thinking of doing one 5k training run per week in order to listen to the story, and using it as interval training, since I can already run 5 k's. 

• Like 1

Surviving the zombie apocalypse, one day at a time.

Current challenge: Ranger Five Leaves Abel!
Previous challenges: Ranger Five Ch 1, Ch 2

5k: 25:01

Hi! I'm not currently running regularly and I haven't done the 5k training, but I love Zombies, Run! and I'd like to stick around and chat, and I'll spread the word if I see any other Runner Fives around.

• Like 3

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

I'll kick off the discussion; for those of you who've gone through 5k training and played some of the main game, how much does the 5k training add to the plot? I was thinking of doing one 5k training run per week in order to listen to the story, and using it as interval training, since I can already run 5 k's. 

The entire 5k training takes place between season 1 episode 1 and 2. In fact the first episode of 5k is identical to the first of regular zr. There isn't a ton of story but you do get some character exposition.

Level 2 Drow Ranger

Great idea! I'm running for the first time in my life, as of just a few months ago. That's largely kept going so far thanks to Zombies Run. My wife and I ran our first 5k together about a month ago.

"We can be heroes"

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

33 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

My wife and I ran our first 5k together about a month ago.

That's awesome! I'm still not sure if I'm running just because or if I'm going to register in races :)

28 minutes ago, WorldSparrow said:

How much do you all mess with the base building aspect? Or do you just run the story? 

There is no base building in Zombies 5k, so I haven't messed with it at all yet. But when I progress to the Zombies, Run! app next week I'll definitely be messing around with it. I've heard good things and mediocre things. No bad things. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

Every couple of weeks I'll remember "Oh yeah, I collected a bunch of sports bras and USB drives. I should build buildings out of them." And then I don't look at it again for another couple of weeks.

• Like 3

"We can be heroes"

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

13 hours ago, WorldSparrow said:

Just started using it so don't know much yet. How much do you all mess with the base building aspect? Or do you just run the story? 

I'm half-hearted when it comes to the building aspect. When I first got the application in '14, I was actually playing on Kongregate a zombie game that you get resources and build up a base. I was flipping bases at the same time and then fell out of it. equally at the same time. Maybe when I fully pick up using the application, I will go back to building base but probably will just go forth and enjoy the story aspect. 

13 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Every couple of weeks I'll remember "Oh yeah, I collected a bunch of sports bras and USB drives. I should build buildings out of them." And then I don't look at it again for another couple of weeks.

Never will we see "sports bras" & "USB drives" be used in the same sentence.

23 hours ago, Rebel Five said:

I started using Z!R5K and Z!R3 when you had to purchase it. I had actually alternated between the two as my knee/ankle would give out and I was (like right now) back to walking/speed walking to best ability. Since it has been sometime since I touch either application and have legacy into the new 'free' app, I will see where it has gone since I have left the base and am going to return.

• Like 2

Hi... downloaded Zombies Run (free version, wasn't aware of how many versions there appears to be) only yesterday, but got to say I enjoyed it. I don't usually say that about running. Ever. Looks like this app is going to help me hit my goals. So, mind if I join the party late? 

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

18 minutes ago, ab14aeq said:

Hi... downloaded Zombies Run (free version, wasn't aware of how many versions there appears to be) only yesterday, but got to say I enjoyed it. I don't usually say that about running. Ever. Looks like this app is going to help me hit my goals. So, mind if I join the party late? 

There's no specific date to be late to :) Glad you enjoyed it! That first mission is really fantastic.

There are two versions; the full app, which you have, and a 5k training app you can pay for that starts with run-walk intervals. If you can already run for a few km without stopping, you'll want the free version, which is also the main app.

• Like 1

Thanks! Yeah, the mission was pretty cool, I found myself totally sucked in. Plus, I ran, according to the GPS thing, 3.85 k. Not bad for me, since I'm usually pretty wary of running, and don't do it often. It's nice to think I can push myself beyond what I think I can do. Working it up to 5k shouldn't be too much of an issue in the coming month or so. :) 

• Like 3

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

6 hours ago, ab14aeq said:

PLEASE JOIN. :D 

1 hour ago, Asa Pond said:

I'm in! Major Runner 5 here and reporting in for duty! :D

*Salutes* Welcome aboard! 

Level 2 Drow Ranger

3 minutes ago, Teirin said:

Is anyone planning on running the virtual race?

I am seriously considering. It's kinda spendy. Maybe loot for the next challenge ;)

4 minutes ago, Teirin said:

I hit 5k yesterday and am pretty pleased. 

I am also pleased. GO YOU!!! 

• Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

3 hours ago, Teirin said:

Ah, so this 5k training is separate from the virtual race.  Is anyone planning on running the virtual race?

Speaking of which, I hit 5k yesterday and am pretty pleased. 

I was interested in the race until I saw the price tag. As it is, I won't be running it.

10 hours ago, Teirin said:

Is anyone planning on running the virtual race?

Yep, I'm doing it.

• Like 2

"We can be heroes"

Hello! Yes, I am doing this. It's part of my current challenge actually.

I've never run a 5K before and don't really have much experience running at all. In fact, starting to think of myself as someone who could possibly be a runner is a pretty big deal for me.

I started the 5K training program a couple years ago, got about 3 weeks in and then got sidetracked and never finished. So now I've restarted and want to actually stick it out and finish it. I think I'm physically capable, as long as I follow the training program, but the mental aspect is hard. As in the idea of actually running a 5K without stopping is a little terrifying. But in that good way - three cheers for doing stuff that scares us, right?

• Like 2

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!