Syren Takes it One Day at a Time

Syren

Sunday July 17:

:acne: Eat a salad - -  pomegranate vinegrete is pretty tasty - -  salad kits help me eat salad, when I make this a habit I may move to making my own salads. Baby stepz

:apologetic: Did not do a Spanish lesson 

:tranquil: Not a dedicated workout, but I went to work and did the thibgs then came home and hunted for pokemon a good bit

Monday July 18

:adoration: Southwest chopped salad to go with steak and sweet potato. 

:adoration: Qué practicas en español? Si. 

:adoration: Too lazy to get up and swim with the masters, then it stormed/threatened with thunder for the rest of the day. So I walked around and hunted pokemon, then did a small full body workout that targeted everything. 

I broke down and got a fitbit one,  so I had to make everything greenon my progress bars :-D

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

19 hours ago, Basement Cat said:

Eee, a pokemon trainer! Did you catch any yet? Which ones? 

So far I have the pokedex completed 81/100, so I am not doing too shabby. Fossils and Legendaryies are alluding me, but I found a good spot to farm dragons, I just can't get over there frequently because I have a life and gas is expensive. Hard to find electric types and fire types in my area, so I have been getting in the steps trying to hunt them down. Unfortunately the pokemon tracker seems to be glitchy at the moment, so hunting involves mostly wandering around town and hitting up poke spots.

On 7/19/2016 at 2:10 AM, Princess Pineapple said:

Nice!

I still haven't quite got the hang on levelling up my Pokemon.   I have to ask the kids.

Pokemon Go is more oriented towards leveling yourself. If you catch any pokemon you see, you will successfully level pretty well, there are other ways to get points faster, but this is the most consistant way. It is an interesting dynamic to the original games, and there are many more ways to play, but the levels are for your character rather than the monsters. I am a bit in love with the game, as silly as it is, sorry if I wax eloquent about it.

Tuesday July 19

:applouse: Spinach salad from Cousin Vinny's is the best thing in life

:adoration:  Qué practicas en español? Si. 

:ambivalence: No dedicated workout today, but we trekked the dunes in search of plants for class, then I went pokemon hunting when it got dark. It was a scorcher yesterday and super high humidity. Apparently I still have the problem if I don't go swim first thing in the AM, I'm not going to... problem for M and W -- I don't have to work, so I want to sleep in, but the kids practice at 8 am which is about when I get up. Oh well, I will figure it out.

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

38 minutes ago, Syren said:

Pokemon Go is more oriented towards leveling yourself. If you catch any pokemon you see, you will successfully level pretty well, there are other ways to get points faster, but this is the most consistant way. It is an interesting dynamic to the original games, and there are many more ways to play, but the levels are for your character rather than the monsters. I am a bit in love with the game, as silly as it is, sorry if I wax eloquent about it.

I'm only level 8 with 27 in my pokedex, but I've only had it a week and I was in bed for three of those days so I'm not too hard on myself.

Dont worry about loving it.  It's not the sensible and mature fitness rebellion!

Wednesday July 20

:applouse: Salad Consumed

:tranquil: Not a dedicated workout,  but more pokemons

:adoration:  Qué practicas en español? Si. 

Thursday July 21

:applouse: Salad Consumed

Friday July 22

:applouse: Made Caesars to go with spaghetti, because one does not pass up the opportunity to eat fresh pasta.

Saturday July 23

:tranquil: I had collard greens, but I don't think that really constitutes a salad. They were absolutely delcious though

Sunday July 24

:tranquil: I only consumed salad if chicken salad counts, which I don't think it does given the quantity of mayo on my sandwich.

:tranquil: Not a dedicated workout,  not even pokemons after walking 6 miles at work.

Monday July 25

:adoration: The plan is to eat a ceasar for lunch Had it for dinner

:onthego: 2 mi Swim with masters this morning! Huzzah, back in the pool

1 hour ago, Bekka B said:

Go go go! You got this! I also love the smiley face method of achieving a goal. It's a literal reward, not "great pat myself on the back and forget about it." Do you mind if I steal this? :abnormal:

No problemo :watermelon:

Meanwhile, back to weekly challenges...

Tuesday July 26

:tranquil:  I cannot remember if I ate salad. I assume not.

:tranquil: I did not workout, not even play Pokemon... no excuses besides did not want

Wednesday July 27

:onthego: Threshold day, I got to the pool a little late, but managed 2 km

Thursday July 28

:tranquil: I did not workout, not even play Pokemon... no excuses besides did not want

Friday July 29

:onthego: Speed day, 2600 yards. Not too shabby

Saturday July 30

Sunday July 31

:tranquil: I forgot to practice Spanish...

Monday August 1

:applouse:  Panera has a Kale Caesar salad! 

:onthego: 2 mi Swim with masters this morning!

Tuesday August 2

:tranquil:  No salad today, I went for soup because it was rainy and miserable outside.

:applouse: Strength training today with the Captain America Workout

In other news, I am finished working at the Fish Hatchery on the 21st, the Summer semester is over. I am teaching at least 5 laboratory sections and possibly picking up a sixth if I'm allowed. I may also be teaching a lecture at the local community college, but I am not sure which subject within biology it will be. I had 6 interviews over the past week for jobs, none of which I got, so I am trying to figure out what exactly I want to do with my life. I like teaching, I want to do research in marine biology, I just have limited experience (i.e. no experience) in developing my own projects so I am floundering a bit on the decision to go the PhD route. My Master's experience made me hate academics so there's that to contend with too. Stuff to think about, but I am ridiculously excited about getting weekends back.

Wednesday August 3

:applouse:  Side salad with the best freaking shawarma ever

:onthego: 2900 yard Swim with masters this morning!

Thursday August 4

:applouse: Pea salad with lunch. Interesting side at lunch that I was not expecting. 

:adoration: Strength training with the Captain again. I really like this workout, even if I have to modify a lot of the movements

Hmm, 

I gave up on trying to follow the plan half way through. I did a few workouts, I mostly practiced Spanish, and I ate salad most of the time.

Need to evaluate again, and see what exactly I need to do to get motivated.

I have been lax on posting here. Not sure what to do. Maybe go back to earning experience and attribute points. Maybe write a story for the next challenge. Will be thinking on it