Dagger Paints Her Home Base

Dagger

19 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Regarding weight loss after cutting sugar and simple carbs: in my most recent iteration, I'd been foolishly trying to outrun my fork by working out pretty much every day. Not a budge to my weight; except in the wrong direction (I'd been 'rewarding' myself, dont'cha know?) So finally, I bit the bullet at about the same time I started lurking around NF and went back to my tried-&-true Keto plan.

Within 48 hours, I'd lost 3 pounds. And it stayed off! Yes, it was all water weight, but so what? It's not good to carry around a lot of water that you don't need. Hello, ankles! It's been a while since we saw each other!

Anyway, yes, I believe that you dropped a few pounds right away and that it wasn't some weird coincidence of fluctuation.

Keep it up and you'll slay that rope course!

Thanks for telling me and the encouragement! As I mentioned, I've never actually really tried to lose weight, but I've read about how much bodyweight fluctuates in a day due to water weight mainly. It felt like too much to lose 2-4kg because I happened to not eat pasta. It wasn't like I wasn't having some carbs (potatoes) and I definitely had sweets. I did do yoga every day for three days but as we all know you can't outyoga your fork.

Last time I logged my weight (I haven't been this week) was Saturday, so tomorrow I will weight myself under my normal conditions: get up, use bathroom, weight myself. So I'll see how it looks after getting off the fun days with my friend.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I did what I expected if I'd really thought about it. Somehow I always believe that I can get myself to do something on social recovery time. But so far I can't, or I couldn't today.

I ate leftovers. I walked my 6500 steps (not changing to 7000 until Monday). I let myself sleep in. I had some sweets in the afternoon. I did not have sweets after dinner actually. A glass of water with 1/2 lemon's juice really helped. I was about to get up and get sweets because "fuck it", but I took another sip of my lemon water and said "huh, this seems to be enough for now".

So right now, with no sweets after dinner I feel kind of lost. My body is used to getting something extra and sweet after dinner and now I didn't eat anything. I don't think I've hungry, it is more of a loss of habit feeling. Unless I suddenly get super hungry after midnight or something. :P

Yesterday I also mostly skipped sweets after dinner. I almost had some but the ones I'd bought just wasn't that good, so I took a couple of bites and then I threw away them all (5,5 since I'd eaten about half of one) and had some prosciutto ham. I need to buy more ham because I'm out again. I have them in my fridge for when I need a salty snack.

So even though my challenge haven't officially starting I'm dipping my toes in. Tomorrow the sunlight lamp starts the sunrise at 7:30 to finish at 8:00 (aka the time I set was 8). Today I needed sleep. Tomorrow I hope to do a soft start (without the phone alarm to guarantee getting up).

I think I mentioned on my battle log that I was raking grass last weekend because the garden service didn't have time to do it. I really need to finish it up this weekend so I can mow some grass next week, so I can get in a good habit instead of calling them again. (I might have to find another if I need help again. They weren't as helpful as I would have liked in some ways.)

So I will try to rake grass tomorrow. At the same time, I need obligation-free rest to recover as fast as possible to hit it on Monday... Life dilemmas. :(

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

1 hour ago, Dagger said:

with no sweets after dinner I feel kind of lost

Curse those pesky pernicious habits! Is there something nice but noncaloric you could replace the sweets with, like a cup of really nice (decaf) tea? I've also heard that some people have had success with brushing teeth immediately after eating; sweets on top of the minty aftertaste would be nasty.

Sounds like you are doing well with cutting back on the sweets. Keep it up!

• Like 2

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

13 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Curse those pesky pernicious habits! Is there something nice but noncaloric you could replace the sweets with, like a cup of really nice (decaf) tea?

I have several teas to choose from. Last night as I said, I did water with lemon juice which has some calories, but nothing I'm worried about. Tonight I'll try water with lime juice. It is still too warm after dinner to drink tea unless I want tea specifically. I need to make some iced tea. :)

13 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Sounds like you are doing well with cutting back on the sweets. Keep it up!

Little bit by little bit. That is the mantra.

• Like 2

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

I saw you lurking around my thread so I'm returning the favor =D Also cheering you on against the sugar beast, because that is a battle I keep losing.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

52 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I saw you lurking around my thread so I'm returning the favor =D Also cheering you on against the sugar beast, because that is a battle I keep losing.

Hi! I'm only fighting a small piece of it first. I am still having sweet treats in the afternoon. Ssssh, don't tell the others!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Another day of more than 7000 steps although a chunk of them came from me raking half of the grass clippings still on my lawn. I'm debating back and forth if I should hire the garden service again because the cut in the backyard is so uneven, as in serious uneven and I'm not sure I can tame it with my lawn mower. I'm trying to decide if I should try first or if I should go with the easier option of putting it in their laps (I can afford it).

I did a morning walk as soon as I woke up, yay!

I weighted myself again today and those 4 kgs I had lost was back minus half a kg. Still I'm more than happy with losing about half a kg.

I skipped sweets after dinner again. Yay. I am however still feeling the craving for snacking. Which is better than craving sugar but still very irritating. I guess this is was a smoker misses when they quit. They are so used to holding a cig and taking drags from it that part of the struggle is to get over that habit with their hands.

I'm feeling the need to snack. Not because I'm hungry. Not because I crave any kind of food. But because I am used to snacking after dinner.

Water with lime juice worked as well as lemon juice to distract me slightly after dinner. Although I think it mostly distracts from craving sugar. I do enjoy slightly sour things more than sweet. (Says the woman who loved raspberries and lime as well as mango and passionfruit... LOL)

I feel good about hitting some of my goals during my zero week. Makes me hope they won't be as trouble some when the challenge starts on Monday. One more day of zero week left!

• Like 2

The day before my challenge starts! Wooohooo!

Although the day started rather bleak. I'm tired of lots of sun and high temperatures (25+ C). The only time temps like that are fine is if I am approx. 2 meters from a pool or in a building with air condition with a pool right outside. Or in a sauna because I can leave any time.

So I skipped the walk in the morning because SUN, stupid SUN. (Of course, in spring and winter you'll hear me praising the sun, but anyway...)

Late afternoon when I went to rake the last of the grass, the clouds covering part of the sky decided to start thundering. I kept with the raking for maybe 10-20 minutes and then admitted defeat. I'm not sure I'd be that sexy as a lighting rod. So the weather kept me from finishing the raking. Bah!

I decided to start the push up challenge today, so I did 22 wall push ups to create awareness of the 22 (on average) suicides of US military service people. If you feel like joining the challenge, read the instructions in my first post.

After dinner I went on an evening walk to get my steps and played some Pokemon Go. I've been doing it for a few days now. It is very inconvenient to live in a small town when it comes to Pokestops. There aren't that many, so I'd basically have 0-3 pokeballs until I level up. I leveled up this evening so 15 pokeballs, yay!

Challenge goals I've hit without needing to this week: morning walk (1x), 7000 steps (7x), push ups (1x), slow cooked meals (2x), yoga (3x), hike (1x), no sweets after dinner (x2), and no food after 22:00 (2x that I'm sure of, I haven't been keeping track). Not too shabby.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I took some time today to figure out how to plan my week without putting a specific day on most of the planing.

5 different types of days. What I mean with this is that the type says what is the most important task of a day. I don't have a type of day for all goals (I couldn't!), but the type days also indicated I have trouble doing a lot of other stuff on such days.

Workout day x 3 (yoga x 2, hiking x 1), Errands day x 1, Rest day (meaning no big tasks and preferably no extra tasks except the everyday stuff) x 1. So five days a week are mostly spoken for, but...

This is going to be hard.

My everyday tasks are six: 7000 steps, food journal, no sweets with/after dinner, no food after 22:00, wake up between 7:00-7:30, and 22 push ups. A lot of those are kind of schedule stuff, so not that hard. The hardest to start will be wake up since I've been getting up at 9 this weekend and now to shock my body into 7. Lol.

Sweets after dinner have so far not been a problem surprisingly. And because I had stuff to do right after dinner I didn't get the weird wanting to snack feeling I've gotten the last two days.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Let the Games begin!

• Like 3

On July 23, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Dagger said:

(Says the woman who loved raspberries and lime as well as mango and passionfruit... LOL

things more than sweet; raspberries have a tart under taste to me, no matter how ripe they are. 

That sounds like you might like tart (rather than purely sour)

53 minutes ago, Dagger said:

This is going to be hard.

Yes. But worth it. And you can do it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

That sounds like you might like tart (rather than purely sour)

I definitely like tart. Tart is better than sweet. I do like sour too. But I do find it funny how much I love mango and passionfruit since both are very sweet.

11 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Yes. But worth it. And you can do it!

Thanks for the confidence. I need it. :)

I asked for rain and now I'm getting it. Yay!

... Except I didn't get to finish raking the grass today either. Doh. Started raining about 30 minutes before I planned to start and right now this evening it is pouring rain. POURING!

So love the rain, and the last grass clippings will just have to wait at least two more days (don't think it'll have time to dry out by tomorrow evening and I'm not raking wet grass/ground!).

~*~*~*~*~*~

Day 2 of 22 push ups to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day. I had DOMS. No surprise considering this was my first pushup in probably two years. Ssssh, don't tell anyone.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Exercise

Morning walk: 1/5 week 1, 1/15+ total

7000+ steps: 1/21 total (over 10'000 steps without raking grass, yay!)

Hike a trail: 0/1 week 1, 0/3 total

Yoga: 0/2 week 1, 0/6+ total

22 push ups: 2/22

Extra Credit: Yoga right after morning walk: 0 times.

Nutrition

Cook slow-cooked meal: 0/1 week 1, 0/3+ total

No sweets with/after dinner: 1/21

No food after 22:00: 1/21

NFA quest: Defeat the Sugar Beast Level 1: 1/5 total

Food journal every day: 1/21

Level Up Your Life

Get up between 7:00-7:30: 1/21

Write 600 words per week: 0/600 week 1, 0/1800 total

NFA quest: Warm It Up (create a warm up with NFA help): DONE

NFA quest: Cool It Down (create a cool down with NFA help): 

NFA quest: Complete Your First Workout (do Bodyweight 1A):

~*~*~*~*~*~

So, some interesting observations for today.

I technically cheated on two of my goals today, but I don't feel like I cheated.

I went to bed last night at 2:00 and when 7:30 came around I got up to turn off the alarm at the other side of the room and asked myself: Why do I want to sleep more?

Because I didn't feel tired like when you just want to snooze. No, it felt more like my body said: I need more sleep.

So I gave it more sleep, two hours more in fact. Today I will go to bed earlier. Promise!

I also didn't take the morning walk as soon as I woke up. It was about 30 minutes after that. I only cursed myself because of course the sun was a little hotter by then. (It was sunny, really hot and sunny until about 16:00)

So I figured today I would deal with grass and write. On Sunday I kind of divided up the different tasks that aren't every day into different days so I'd know about how much I need to do each day. When it started raining, suddenly my plan was upended towards middle/late afternoon. If I had been the same person I was say two or three weeks ago, this means nothing would have gotten done.

But I've felt so different lately. Like I can take on the world as long as I want to. And it isn't that I'm doing huge amounts of more stuff, it is just that it doesn't feel so hard anymore. And it feels possible. And I am doing more than before, which is great.

So I switched gears. First I thought I'd just focus on writing and get that done for the week, but I'd spent a lot of the afternoon reading stuff in the NF academy and decided to just do the warm up quest. I planned to do writing after I got my steps over 7000 after dinner, but I prioritized getting salad instead. I did a lot of grocery shopping yesterday but they were out of mixed leafy greens.

Oh dang it. Forgot to look and see if they had new cucumbers. Ah well...

So basically I switched which day I did. Tomorrow I can obviously not do grass and writing day. And not hiking I think. Well, you'll all hear tomorrow what I decide to do.

BTW, does anyone have a good resource for switching to a standing desk? As in a blog post with progression or things to think about? Cheers!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dagger said:

When it started raining, suddenly my plan was upended towards middle/late afternoon. If I had been the same person I was say two or three weeks ago, this means nothing would have gotten done.

But I've felt so different lately. Like I can take on the world as long as I want to. And it isn't that I'm doing huge amounts of more stuff, it is just that it doesn't feel so hard anymore. And it feels possible. And I am doing more than before, which is great.

This is the best thing I've read all day. Sounds like you're in a good place.

• Like 3

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO 

^ this. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 hours ago, Rebel_Timelord said:

This is the best thing I've read all day. Sounds like you're in a good place.

Thanks. It feels like it. I just hope it isn't temporary but more like my new normal. That would be great.

But either case, I'll use it for as long as I have it. :)

• Like 5

On 7/19/2016 at 0:21 PM, durfette said:

whoa, so relieved I'm not the only one who considered this. 

I got sent to speech class because they thought I was deaf/hard of hearing for this same reason.

Good luck with the sugar beast! I can recommend something I read out of a Low GI diet book! It said when you choose bread/bread-type products (assuming you eat bread), be sure it has at least 3 grams of fiber in it per serving. I lost three pounds soon after I made the adjustment. Anywho. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Battle Log: PollyannaAgain's Log

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem. ~Virginia Satir

6 hours ago, PollyannaAgain said:

Good luck with the sugar beast! I can recommend something I read out of a Low GI diet book! It said when you choose bread/bread-type products (assuming you eat bread), be sure it has at least 3 grams of fiber in it per serving. I lost three pounds soon after I made the adjustment. Anywho. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tip! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~

Day 3 of 22 push ups to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Exercise

Morning walk: 2/5 week 1, 2/15+ total

7000+ steps: 2/21 total

Yoga: 1/2 week 1, 1/6+ total

22 push ups: 3/22

Extra Credit: Yoga right after morning walk: 0 times.

Nutrition

No sweets with/after dinner: 2/21

No food after 22:00: 2/21

NFA quest: Defeat the Sugar Beast Level 1: 2/5 total

Food journal every day: 2/21

Level Up Your Life

Get up between 7:00-7:30: 2/21

~*~*~*~*~*~

Actually got up at 7:30. Didn't do the morning walk until 8:30, but I'll be lenient with the time this first week (at latest an hour after waking up is fine).

Took a long walk due to Pokemon Go, but also decided to stop playing it. The progression is completely off when you live in a small town. I've run out of potions so I can't try and take gyms and I regularly run out of pokeballs. There just aren't enough pokestops within a reasonable distance. While I know part of that is to get me to spend money, but I can see how it would work living where I am. Basically a lot of money would have to be spent to play in any decent way.

I'd rather walk around and appreciated the nature/gardens/yards I walk past. To listen to the chatter of birds and the wind in trees. To notice the heat on my face, etc. And if I need more than one walk, I'll listen to a podcast during the second walk. And I'll be happy.

Pokemon Go is too frustrating to play in my neighborhood. But it was fun while it lasted.

I planned to do yoga when I got back, but I got sidetracked by... ?

Good question. For most of the time before noon I felt adrift and not as productive or competent as I have been feeling because I was procrastinating on yoga. When I finally decided to just do it after lunch, I felt better and could get back to focus on doing yoga later. Like storing up will power or something so I could unleash it later.

And I did unleash it later. I did NF yoga Water A and then I continued with all but one mini-session. That means 1 hour of yoga. More than I have ever done before. And then the push ups.

(Seriously, do you guys find these kinds of updates interesting, or are you skimming to find the good stuff? Just a question, no judgement. Doesn't mean I'll change, but I'd like to know.)

Dinner with a movie. Recently got Public Enemy with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale on DVD, so I decided to watch it (I saw it in the theater when it came out). I really felt like watching a movie tonight, but at the same time I had no preference for movie which was strange. Usually I know what kind of movie I want to watch. Anyway...

Most of the rest of the week is taking shape. Due to some social engagements I've had to decide how to divide up my days, lets hope I can follow the plan. :3

• Like 4

I tend to write long updates like this too. It helps me think through things. I'm reading everything you write but I don't always reply. You do you lol

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 hours ago, Dagger said:

(Seriously, do you guys find these kinds of updates interesting, or are you skimming to find the good stuff? Just a question, no judgement. Doesn't mean I'll change, but I'd like to know.)

When I see it I go "whoa, long" and get intimidated. But the read goes by quickly :)

• Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

12 hours ago, fleaball said:

I tend to write long updates like this too. It helps me think through things. I'm reading everything you write but I don't always reply. You do you lol

9 hours ago, Traxex said:

When I see it I go "whoa, long" and get intimidated. But the read goes by quickly :)

Thanks both of you. This morning I was feeling unmotivated to do anything. I contemplated if I needed to move my rest day to today, but now I feel more energized. So I'll decide what to tackle after some lunch.

@fleaball: I read all of yours too even if I don't always reply. I definitely think on the page at times.

@Traxex: You made me laugh with your reply. Thanks!

• Like 2

I too like to immerse myself in my surroundings when i walk, it becomes almost a meditation that way :)

• Like 3

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

Got caught up! 

16 hours ago, fleaball said:

^^^^   This Exactly!!!   ^^^^

It helps me get through thoughts and challenges, and somethings answer even to answer my own questions!  But I also understand not everyone reads everything, thats why I love using BOLD :) 

I might get intimated like @Traxex but I still read it because I respect who your becoming! (and everyone else I follow and read).  It's neat to read peoples thoughts about their daily battles and see how they better themselves.   

• Like 3

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

22 hours ago, HappyCat said:

I too like to immerse myself in my surroundings when i walk, it becomes almost a meditation that way :)

I also think through stuff while walking. I haven't really tried meditation, but I definitely have spiritual experiences while walking in forests.

21 hours ago, Butternut said:

It helps me get through thoughts and challenges, and somethings answer even to answer my own questions!  But I also understand not everyone reads everything, thats why I love using BOLD :) 

I might get intimated like @Traxex but I still read it because I respect who your becoming! (and everyone else I follow and read).  It's neat to read peoples thoughts about their daily battles and see how they better themselves.   

That is what I think too. I want to see the whole battle, not just the stats so to say.

I'll see about using bold more. But I can't always predict what people will find most interesting.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Day 4 of 22 push ups to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

July 27 update (aka yesterday)

Exercise

Morning walk: 3/5 week 1, 2/15+ total

7000+ steps: 3/21 total

22 push ups: 4/22

Nutrition

No sweets with/after dinner: 3/21

No food after 22:00: 3/21

Food journal every day: 3/21

Level Up Your Life

Get up between 7:00-7:30: 3/21

~*~*~*~*~*~

Yesterday was grass day and I realized there is no way I can rake the rest of the grass unless it is sunny and dry for a few days in a row. I only have grass clippings on a 1/4 of the backyard now. The little grass I dealt with yesterday was so heavy to rake I could feel I'd hurt my back and elbows if I continued. So for now I've decided to ignore the rest of the clippings.

I cheated on the wake up time again. I did take extra 1,5 hours to sleep, but I did get up at 7:30 and decided to do that. I don't remember how long after I took the morning walk, but I think I stretched that too.

Yesterday, I felt seriously unmotivated to do anything. As in after a while I was sure I'd have to count it as my rest day. But towards late afternoon I finally felt like I could take on something, so I tried to attack the grass. Haha, you saw the success of that above.

This was my theme song for yesterday:

But I did manage to do something even if I had to stop soon after starting. Win in my book.

I read a lot yesterday. Last book in an 8 book series. It really was heart-pounding through the whole thing since so many threads were finally coming together in a grand final. I enjoyed it a lot.

I can't figure out if there was anything more I planned to say here. Sorry!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dagger said:

23 hours ago, HappyCat said:

I also think through stuff while walking. I haven't really tried meditation, but I definitely have spiritual experiences while walking in forests.

I think both of your examples are great examples of meditation. I'm sure if more of us practiced this kind of everyday mindfulness the world would be a better place.

• Like 2

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO 

8 hours ago, Rebel_Timelord said:

I think both of your examples are great examples of meditation. I'm sure if more of us practiced this kind of everyday mindfulness the world would be a better place.

I think so too. I don't even listen to music most of the time, because I want the time inside my head.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Day 5 of 22 push ups to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

July 28

Exercise

Morning walk: 4/5 week 1, 4/15+ total

7000+ steps: 4/21 total

22 push ups: 5/22

Nutrition

No sweets with/after dinner: 4/21

No food after 22:00: 4/21

Food journal every day: 4/21

Level Up Your Life

Get up between 7:00-7:30: 4/21

~*~*~*~*~*~

Got up in time! Yay! I had stuff to do. I didn't know when the people who would come by today would arrive, but I guessed they'd be early. (They arrived at 10:25, can you imagine if I'd gone up at my usual time of around 10? >_>)

I took the walk about 1 hour and 15 minutes late, but I was waiting for it to stop raining and it did stop raining. SCORE!

Came back, took shower and then prepared for guests.

After they left I felt completely shaken up. Not emotionally, but I looked around me and was like "What should I do?". Nothing called, nothing felt compelling, nothing felt like a good idea.

Remember that good feeling I had at the start of the week when it felt like I could conquer the world? It has officially left the building. Yesterday it was sneaking away and now it has escaped to better pastures or something.

Today ended up a rest day because there was nothing to pick from. Not that just taking a morning walk, walk 7000 steps, get up at 7:30, food journal, no sweets after dinner and no food after 22, are insignificant. I'm not saying that at all. (Although no food after 22 have been easy since I've been getting to dinner in time and I no longer have sweets after dinner which would have often happened close to 22:00.)

I don't like this feeling when I look around and nothing feels good and nothing feels bad. It isn't apathy; I've felt that so I know the difference. This was like feeling bored except I wasn't feeling bored if that makes sense.

Nothing seemed appealing. Nothing seemed important. I want to say everything was blah, but blah is an emotion; I didn't have it.

So I played games. I watched some videos. I just went through the day.

Only after dinner while watching a new episode of Midsummer Murders did I finally start feeling.

I also tried to write, but sat down at the computer and... complete nothing. The closest I came later was when I thought about just writing fantasy adventure instead of what I was writing. Of going back to the reason I started writing: written/text role-play on a forum in a fantasy adventurer world.

I did take the time to start setting up Scrivener for my iPad. Scrivener is the program I write in and it finally has an iOS app. So something good even if it didn't lead to actual writing.

Mostly today was okay. I still have that lack of emotion. I feel like my face is a mask when I smiled at what I just wrote. It'll be better tomorrow if it goes as usual.

• Like 6

You are ok, Dagger. I feel this way sometimes (often) too. I have this whole list of things I need to do - chores - and a whole other list of things I want to do - read, journal, sketch, lay in the sun (Vitamin D, y'all!), etc., and everything just feels like too much work. Even watching something from my Netflix queue, stuff I intentionally picked because I want to watch it, seems like more trouble than it's worth. I mean, seriously, watching tv takes too much effort? Don't know what causes it, or how to fix it, but please know that you aren't alone.

Regarding your question about long posts...I confess to sometimes skimming but when I do, I skim the stats because I find the details more interesting. Please don't change anything about how you post unless it's because you prefer to.

Regarding transitioning to a standing desk, I found this link:

http://www.treehugger.com/health/5-tips-transitioning-standing-desk.html

Also, found this one which I included because it struck me funny:

http://qz.com/272350/theres-a-huge-hidden-downside-to-standing-desks-that-no-one-told-me-about-2/

My takeaway was that standing may be overall healthier than sitting, but too much of anything is too much. We still need movement - walking, fidgeting, dancing a jig, whatever, and not just replacing one completely stationary posture with another.

Hope the links help!

• Like 4

Hugs! I've had days like that for absolutely no reason. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

17 hours ago, Dagger said:

I don't like this feeling when I look around and nothing feels good and nothing feels bad. It isn't apathy; I've felt that so I know the difference. This was like feeling bored except I wasn't feeling bored if that makes sense.

Nothing seemed appealing. Nothing seemed important. I want to say everything was blah, but blah is an emotion; I didn't have it.

So I played games. I watched some videos. I just went through the day.

Only after dinner while watching a new episode of Midsummer Murders did I finally start feeling.

I also tried to write, but sat down at the computer and... complete nothing. The closest I came later was when I thought about just writing fantasy adventure instead of what I was writing. Of going back to the reason I started writing: written/text role-play on a forum in a fantasy adventurer world.

I did take the time to start setting up Scrivener for my iPad. Scrivener is the program I write in and it finally has an iOS app. So something good even if it didn't lead to actual writing.

Mostly today was okay. I still have that lack of emotion. I feel like my face is a mask when I smiled at what I just wrote. It'll be better tomorrow if it goes as usual.

Sometimes I feel like this kind of funk is worse than the blahs. :( I hope it goes away soon! (PS--Yay! Scrivener! :)

• Like 1

Battle Log: PollyannaAgain's Log

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem. ~Virginia Satir