Dagger Paints Her Home Base

Dagger

August 12 Update

A day late update as is getting to be the usual.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Exercise

Morning walk: 4/5 week 3, 15/15+ total

7000+ steps: 19/21 total

Nutrition

Cook slow-cooked meal: 1/1 week 3, 3/3+ total

No sweets with/after dinner: 19/21

No food after 22:00: 19/21

NFA quest: Defeat the Sugar Beast Level 1: 5/5 total — DONE

Food journal every day: 19/21

Level Up Your Life

Get up between 7:00-7:30: 19/21

Write 600 words per week: 21/600 week 3, 3'099/1800 total

NFA quest: Warm It Up (create a warm up with NFA help): DONE

(NFA quest: Cool It Down (create a cool down with NFA help):)

~*~*~*~*~*~

I did morning walk pretty early, because at 9:30 a guy came by so we could decide where they would dig to place the fiber cable. I might have fiber internet come October 4 except there is some extra shenanigans outside my control. (They need to do the fiber under a close by rail road and didn't know the local government needed a lot of days to handle such an errand...)

Then I had a couple of hours of ... I don't quite remember what I did. Actually, I'm guessing it was forum stuff here, there were many updates yesterday!

Then my dad came for a visit and stayed for a few hours.

Evening was a movie and then chillaxing until bed. I got in bed so early I was up at 7:15 instead of 7:30 (that means before my cell phone alarm forces me out of bed). But now I'm getting into today, lol.

• Like 2

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

August 13 Update

A day late update as is getting to be the usual.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Exercise

Morning walk: 5/5 week 3, 16/15+ total

7000+ steps: 20/21 total

Nutrition

No sweets with/after dinner: 20/21

No food after 22:00: 20/21

Food journal every day: 20/21

Level Up Your Life

Get up between 7:00-7:30: 20/21

Write 600 words per week: 146/600 week 3, 3'224/1800 total

(NFA quest: Cool It Down (create a cool down with NFA help):) (won't happen)

~*~*~*~*~*~

So Saturday started bad with someone leaving me a 1 AM message on Facebook about something that happened 3 years ago. You can guess if it was happy or not...

That is correct. It was not. So my day started of really poorly. I needed music with my morning walk.

I guess I need to explain that.

There are three ways I go for walks:

1. No music. My thoughts are usually calm/steady and I enjoy what I walk past and I often compose messages in my head that I will never send.
  2. With music, specific for a certain mood or just random. When I don't want to be that close to my thoughts, I walk with music. Sometimes I walk with music to manage strong emotion (that is what happened here).
  3. With podcast. This I added late last month and is something I often do on my evening walks. I often find music late at night gives me a head ache, but I'm not in any shape to walk without something to distract me. These late evening walks are often just for the steps, so anything that can get me to enjoy it is good.

The rest of the day was kind of alright. A little social recovery, but much less than I expected. The bad experience in the morning was the bigger culprit.

Still got a few words done, even if it was very, very little.

I got to dinner late and walked my last 600 steps indoors to a podcast. I need to get to cooking dinner earlier. Of course, all that will be easier when I don't get emotionally smacked.

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

August 14 Update

Exercise

Morning walk: 6/5 week 3, 17/15+ total

7000+ steps: 21/21 total

Nutrition

No sweets with/after dinner: 21/21

No food after 22:00: 21/21

Food journal every day: 21/21

Level Up Your Life

Get up between 7:00-7:30: 21/21

Write 600 words per week: 614/600 week 3, 3'692/1'800 total

~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm assuming a little here. Like I won't suddenly snack between 22:00 and going to bed—not that there is much time in between there. I'm also assuming I will journal my dinner which should be the last I eat. I also assume I will not eat sweets from now until bed.

This morning had a late morning walk, the reason was I wanted to listen to a podcast while walking and my phone needed more battery. I almost left right at the hour mark after waking up, but alas... However, I combined the walk with grocery shopping, so that was nice. I haven't needed to take my car to buy food for almost two weeks now because I pick up stuff as I go instead.

Right before writing this, I went to write my fiction for the day. Right at the time I meant to go and cook dinner I said "nope, nope, nope". If I wanted to get writing done, I had to do it before dinner. After dinner I would be almost ready to go to bed!

And now I'm writing this because I wanted to try and actually get my last updates for this challenge done in a timely manner, so this one is even early! Now food!!!

• Like 2

Week 3 Review

Exercise

Morning walk: 6/5 week 3, 17/15+ total

Nutrition

Level Up Your Life

Write 600 words per week: 614/600 week 3, 3'692/1'800 total

~*~*~*~*~*~

#1: Mornings

Up every day at 7:30 or up to 15 minutes before that (twice!). I haven't been seriously tired in the morning, because I actually started to get to bed at a time that is right for the time I wake up. I need about 8 hours of sleep a night to function normally. So the goal is to let my head hit the pillow to sleep at 23:00, it doesn't quite happen. But I'm usually in bed and reading by that time. I've read enough in my life to teach my body to catch some rest while reading.

#2: Exercise

Morning walks have been slightly better some days. Some days later than I like. One day I skipped doing a morning walk.

#3: Nutrition/food stuff

I've hit all my goals, but...

... I've been indulging in more sweets due to awesome baking of mine. The second serving of sweets could be changed to fruit or other snacks.

... I've been over-consuming at meals a few times, both because I've been super hungry and because I've been carelessness. I need to remember that even though I feel super hungry I should make more food, I can always add fruits/snacks after if I'm still hungry. And the carelessness I can just do without.

#4: Writing

I didn't write for the first four days of the week. Those were actually the days I really focused on bed time without planing to. Sometimes my mind just decides what I will focus on and it doesn't matter what I planned/wanted to do. But I needed a better bed time so I'm not mad.

The last three days I eased into writing. Friday I wrote for 2-5 minutes before my dad showed up to visit. Saturday I forced myself to poke at it. Sunday I took the time because I wanted to. So I didn't quite force it, but I told myself I would write so I did.

• Like 2

Challenge Review

(Yes, I know you guys have seen these stats, is the third time today I show them, so just skip if you want to.)

Exercise

Morning walk: 17/15+ total

Nutrition

Cook slow-cooked meal: 3/3+ total

Level Up Your Life

Write 600 words per week: 3'692/1'800 total

~*~*~*~*~*~

Considering the number of updates I've done today, I'm not sure what more I can say about my challenge goals, but a couple of things perhaps...

I went from cursing getting up the first week and even going back to bed to sleep more, to getting up a little before my cell phone a couple of times. My sun light/rise lamp is set for 7:00 so it starts to light up at 6:00 to gently bring me out of sleep. At 7:00 it starts it piano sound. At 7:30 my cell phone starts to incisively beep and that is when I've gotten up if I haven't before then. My cell phone have been "conveniently" placed on the other side of the room.

I'm running out of food containers. I need to get more. Right now I have two portions of 4-5 different dishes in my freezer. These will be very useful when I get back from my two trips this fall. When I'm tired from jet lag I'm not that interested in cooking food. Or I should say, I haven't been... who knows how it will be now? So I need to buy more containers.

And that was those couple of things. But today I realized another win I've had...

Recycling just happens. As in I take the stuff I've put aside and take it to the recycling station without it first sitting for a few weeks or a month. I've not put it as a goal. I have not specifically tried to fix this. It is just happening.

Invisible changes. Invisible because it is the kind of stuff you don't think much about except when it isn't working.

I'm also cooking more and not buying as much almost finished stuff from the grocery store (such as potato salad and such).

I haven't bought much sweets these last three weeks. If I continue like this I might even save some money because I'm not spending it on sweets.

A few days ago, I looked in the mirror and thought "huh, I have a waist". No, it isn't very pronounced, but before the end of my ribs would just have been overflowed with fat. Now the bottom of my ribs (the narrowest part of my waist right now), the narrow part actually can almost be seen. Considering I only lost a quarter of a kg this week, I guess it happened the week before.

I've lost enough weight during this challenge that I am now below the weight limit for the rope course at NF camp and I've committed to it. Something like 6-7# or slightly more than 3.5 kg.

I'm glad my first try at actually trying to lose weight is working.

Today, I've been thinking of ways I'll make my portions smaller, or should I say more "normal" sized. What amount of meat balls (which I eat quite often) is a normal amount and how much pasta. I should probably look at what is called a normal serving for the pasta I like. Unfortunately that isn't something they have to show on packages in Sweden.

This last week I've noticed that my food journaling haven't been as effective at helping me make better choices as it was the first two weeks. Actually it wasn't until this week I was sure it had been helping me. I'm trying to figure out how I will change it to become effective again. I'm not sure if I've ready to do a food journal in public yet.

I've been rather restless this last week. Maybe because I lowered my fitness goals from before (although I increased my steps) or because I'm actually having more energy. I'm still trying to figure out how to harness the energy. I'm feeling resistance to actually do anything about it. Maybe I need a few more drops of energy to make the pitcher overflow and when it does I can use the energy.

Mind, I'm not trying to stop myself from using it. I think yesterday and today I used it for some mental tasks.

I started using my standing desk at the start of this challenge and I've noticed how much more I fidget and move around when I'm standing. However, I've also noticed that my hips often starts hurting if I stand too much. I wonder if it is just muscles unused to being used this much or if it is partly how I stand.

Right now I'm trying to make sure I more often stand with my feet hip width apart instead of further apart, maybe that will make a difference. Of course, that is only when I'm just standing. When reading the forum for example I have a tendency to dance on the spot or even do modified jumping jacks (stepping to each side instead of jumping).

I see the moving around as a really good thing. If I can figure out why my hips hurts sometimes, even better.

~*~*~*~*~*~

(TL;DR starts here, but you'd miss some good stuff above if you skipped it! ;))

Basically I'm very happy about this challenge. First week was fierce with the extra fitness goals. Week two had a lot of writing. Week three didn't feel like much progress but I'm getting 8 hours of sleep each night now (or close enough) and I did do the writing as well as other things. I also had one social engagement per week, which is more than I've had in a while in such a short time (except when I've had someone stay over for multiple days).

Mostly it feels like I'm making progress with the right things. And I guess that is the important part.

And for anyone wondering, I'll be having my next challenge with the adventurers. I might even become a main stay there now, but who knows? (Next two challenges will probably be there, at least the next one.) So if you want to be sure to catch me, you know where to look.

Thanks for everyone commenting. Really, seriously thank you. <3

I wouldn't keep writing this. I wouldn't keep doing this without the encouragement and intelligence of all of you. I appreciate every reply you leave. So thank you!

• Like 4

Hooray awesome challenge!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm not exactly sure what a ropes course entails, but I just imagine it's like this: 

yoJC2tQ167N5aUb0T6.gif

Either way that's a HUGE VICTORY! 

You'll have to tell us how the ropes course goes! So excited for you to go to Camp NF! 

You ROCKED this challenge! LOVED your "invisible" victories. Those are so important when you don't necessarily see visible changes. Congratulations!! I'll be lurking around your posts regardless of your class. :) excited to hear about how camp goes and your upcoming challenges! 

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

On 14 Aug 2016 at 9:40 PM, fleaball said:

Hooray awesome challenge!

Thank you! You don't even want to hear about all the resistance inside me when I read that. The mental level is lagging behind the rest, but I'll get it there.

On 15 Aug 2016 at 9:09 PM, PollyannaAgain said:

Nice job!

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, durfette said:

I'm not exactly sure what a ropes course entails, but I just imagine it's like this: 

yoJC2tQ167N5aUb0T6.gif

Either way that's a HUGE VICTORY! 

You'll have to tell us how the ropes course goes! So excited for you to go to Camp NF! 

You ROCKED this challenge! LOVED your "invisible" victories. Those are so important when you don't necessarily see visible changes. Congratulations!! I'll be lurking around your posts regardless of your class. :) excited to hear about how camp goes and your upcoming challenges! 

More like this:

Rope-Course.jpg

I definitely plan to do some kind of report on camp. I'm sure more than I will too. There are 400 of us going after all and there got to be more people who use the forums. :D

Invisible victories are very nice. It is the thing you don't notice until you remember how much trouble something was.

~*~*~*~*~*~

These last few days (and the last week of this challenge) I'm really needed to remember why I'm doing this. I'm doing great on some goals, but only paying lip service to others. I have to remember that I can go back over the limit for the rope course unless I keep working it.

And here is the link to the new challenge—and yes I'm crazy like usual: Dagger Joins the Adventurers' Guild

• Like 4

15 hours ago, durfette said:

cdr4V05plfxv2.gif

That looks AWESOME. Keep that picture somewhere where you can see it to help motivate you to keep off the weight!

I will. This was the first thing I saved to my new inspiration bookmark folder. It is just a random rope course, not the one at camp. Unless the rope course is rained out, I'll post a picture of me ON the camp rope course after camp. Promise. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aeri-sand said:

Woot! Great challenge :D 

Glad to see things are working out!

Thanks! :D