• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wildross

Wildross: back at it

100REPS at 105KGS!!! 

How many do you do? 

For reference: Weetbix is the food that fuels Australian sports dreams and legends.

On a more serious note: That attendant, and his management need to feel that judgement. Complete dumb rookie move. I hope you pressed the matter.

• Like 2

My goodness - my friend and I played table top shuffleboard against a pair of Aussies a few years ago and every time they threw too hard, they yelled "too many weetbix".

30 minutes ago, Pat G said:

On a more serious note: That attendant, and his management need to feel that judgement. Complete dumb rookie move. I hope you pressed the matter.

Unfortunately, I don't know who spoke to my wife.  I was just venting at the first one that came within range.  and he made it worse by making excuses for the plates not being organized.

I apologized to him on the way out the door.

3 hours ago, wildross said:

Monday 8/1

Biked a little over 6 miles with the wife at noon.  Then worked out in the evening

Total:40,403#

Bench press 20x20kg,60,105x15,15,15,15,15,14,9,5  (103 reps at 105kg)

Deadlift 10x70,120,150x5,6,5,6,5

Oh, and kind of went off at one of the gym attendants.  Christi had gone in twice to walk on the treadmill.    The 3rd time one of them pointed out the "no open shoes" rule and told her to leave.  This despite them NEVER enforcing the rules about putting the weights away (at least from the evidence).  The racks are labled, the plates are labeled, there is even a chart on the wall.  And they are still not put away right and I have NEVER in 3 years seen anyone corrected about it.  

Either enforce all the rules or none of them.  Don't just enforce the rules on timid 50+ year old ladies and leave the buff teenagers alone.

Ageism at it's worst. I've seen it here too. Much easier to approach and reproach an elder than a young 'un who may or may not be on something and turn things nasty in the blink of an eye.

I hope these experiences don't put Christi off the gym experience.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2016 at 0:52 AM, SevenofSeven said:

Ageism at it's worst. I've seen it here too. Much easier to approach and reproach an elder than a young 'un who may or may not be on something and turn things nasty in the blink of an eye.

I hope these experiences don't put Christi off the gym experience.

It set her back a bit, but I think we've gotten past it at this point.

No workout on Tuesday cause it was our 36th anniversary...

Wednesday night in Miami

Total  15,730#

Overhead press 20x45,10x135,5x10x155

Front squat 10x45,135,5x205,245,3x265,295

shorter than I wanted, but I had made a commitment to meet a team member for supper.  When I walked back into the hotel, one of the front desk ladies asked me how much I had lifted.  I told her I'd worked up to 295# on the front squat.  She said she had pegged me for 300# when she saw me with the belt.

• Like 4

Congratulations on 36 years!

I've been following and thinking about, but not commenting on the treatment that Christi got from the gym.  I still have no real contribution, but it burns me that this happens. 

I see it at my gym, too.  They refuse to say anything to the large, obnoxious dudes who literally throw plates around the weight room. 

I don't get it.  Maybe they aren't paid enough to deal with the hassle?  I don't know.  But it's seriously uncool. 

I hope that Christi didn't let it get to her too much.  Stuff like that can really sour the gym. 

{{{Hugs}}} to her. 

In other news, Christi went to the gym, not once but twice!  She had not practiced the swim portion of the triathlon for over 5 years.  We found out that she needed to be able to do 200 yards in less than 15 minutes.  The first time, she thinks she took 30 minutes.  The second time,she timed it at 9 minutes, the lifeguard had it a 8:45...

so looks like her fun tri on the 13th is within reach.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, wildross said:

After eating at Hard 8 BBQ in Coppell, TX

Oh hey, I had lunch there earlier this week~

Good stuff. The line is rather warm, though.

Oh hey, I had lunch there earlier this week~

Good stuff. The line is rather warm, though.

No kidding

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 8/5/2016 at 6:26 PM, SevenofSeven said:
New belt? If that is yours on the bar, top picture. 

Well done Christi on the swim. That is really cool coming in under 9 min.

No, that is my original belt that is no longer usapl approved.  I carry it with me when I travel and leave the competition one at home.

Christi practiced her open water swim yesterday as well. Now she's finishing up her 8 miles on the bike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by wildross
adding explanation
  • Like 2

Wednesday in Ohio.  Bent bar and no J clips for the rack  :-(

Total: 26,700#

Deadlift 10x135,225,4x5x315

Bench 20x45,135,4x10x225

Curl bar 10x50,60,70,3x10x80

Thursday night in Miami

Total: 30,750#

Front squat 10x45,135,5x185,225,3x275,295