• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wildross

Wildross: back at it

And then what I did when I wasn't watching the sunrise or playing word with friends

Total: 18,630

Overhead press 20x45,10x135,3x6x185

Front squat 10x45,135,185,205,5x235,3x3x275

Curl bar 10x60,70,3x10x80

Pushups 25,25

• Like 2

I worked very hard today at resting. I really wanted to go to the gym, but I knew I needed a break. Plus I want to start honoring the Sabbath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

6 hours ago, wildross said:

I worked very hard today at resting. I really wanted to go to the gym, but I knew I needed a break. Plus I want to start honoring the Sabbath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Black Sabbath? Their best times are over, but I still understand why somebody starts honoring them

Spoiler

internet-troll.jpg

• Like 3

Well, today went in the can quickly.

Dog kept us awake most of the night.

Wife wanted to go to the gym (yeah!!).  I was still in the restroom when she texted me.  They kicked her out (for the day) because she was wearing minimalist shoes.  Apparently those treadmills are deadly.  This is a HUGE discouragement for her.

Went to the Chevy dealer to get our vehicle.  New building, no signs, incompetent help at the front.

Went to the dr for a lab test, which was requested, but that I'm probably going to ignore.  I was there at 9:14 for a 9:15 appointment.  No one went in or out of the lab door.  People came in after me for 9:30 appointments.  Ushered right in.  I left at 9:35.

So no sleep, no workout, discouraged wife and I'm leaving tomorrow morning.

On a good note, we picked up two Trek hybrid bikes for Christi to start working on her triathlon conditioning...and one for me to work with her. 

Maybe I'll go to the gym tonight.

• Like 2

Bummer about the unproductive day!  Regarding the footwear, as long as the shoe is secured to your foot (not a flip flop or thong for our non-US forum members), I don't see what the issue is.  No sneaker is going to do much for a weight dropped on your foot and minimalist shoes are pretty popular.  I can't do the shoes with toes myself (they look way too weird for me), but I could fold my New Balance Minimus's up and put them in my pocket if I wanted to.

5 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Bummer about the unproductive day!  Regarding the footwear, as long as the shoe is secured to your foot (not a flip flop or thong for our non-US forum members), I don't see what the issue is.  No sneaker is going to do much for a weight dropped on your foot and minimalist shoes are pretty popular.  I can't do the shoes with toes myself (they look way too weird for me), but I could fold my New Balance Minimus's up and put them in my pocket if I wanted to.

Yeah, my nice close toe Converse didn't do anything to protect me from the 100# dumbbell 2 years ago.  Well, it kept the paint off.

Late evening light workout

Total 19,870#

Squat 10x20kg,70,5x120,3x160,190x1,1,1

Kroc row 10x90,4x10x100

Overhead extension 10x90,4x10x100

• Like 2

Sorry Christi, got booted from the gym. I agree, unless you are wearing steel caps, not much is going to protect feet from dropped weights, I mean check out the deadlift slippers, socks with a flimsy sole, as far as the treadmills you have divvy's falling off them all the time (my brother, hahahahaha) and not due to minimalist shoes but plain old stoopidness..........you can't protect from stoopidness! 

18 hours ago, wildross said:

Went to the dr for a lab test, which was requested, but that I'm probably going to ignore.  I was there at 9:14 for a 9:15 appointment.  No one went in or out of the lab door.  People came in after me for 9:30 appointments.  Ushered right in.  I left at 9:35.

That's so disheartening. I hate that.

Quick round trip to Atlanta today.  Symmetrical flights 8:25 AM and 8:25 PM.  My plan to workout after my meeting but before my flight fell through.

And I have a raging head cold...and 2 presentations and 4 customer meetings the rest of the week...off to sleep in the recliner.

9 hours ago, wildross said:

Quick round trip to Atlanta today.  Symmetrical flights 8:25 AM and 8:25 PM.  My plan to workout after my meeting but before my flight fell through.

And I have a raging head cold...and 2 presentations and 4 customer meetings the rest of the week...off to sleep in the recliner.

Good luck sleeping it off. You got this. Drink lots of water. I hope you feel better soon!

No workout this morning or anytime today.  But I think, by God's grace...the head cold is on the run.  Down to the feeling better but sounding worse stage...

Waiting for people to show up for an inaugural user group....won't be shocked if no one shows.  

Edit: No one showed...

• Like 3

Whats your tactic if no one shows? Bring out a bouncy ball and just muck around till the show was meant to end? or pack up and go home? or is it this magical internet thing where people can talk while sitting on their living room floor. 

Having a rest day chieftain? 

Glad you're feeling better!  What is an inaugural user group?  Besides the first group of users?  Users of software?  Why wouldn't they show up? Why have it if no one was going to show up? I have so many questions about this...

In the Linux world, Linux User Groups (or LUGs) have been very important in spreading the word and knowledge about Linux.  However, most of them are really oriented toward hobbyists.  In the business world, it is often hard for people who are using Red Hat Linux to connect with others who are doing the same.  Red Hat wants folks in my position (outside Solution Architects) to start Red Hat specific user groups to help our customers cross pollinate ideas and experiences.  Like anything, you have to find the right time, the right place and the right topic.

I had noone on Wednesday night and we had 3 on Thursday night.  We'd like to get at least half a dozen at each one.  Other groups that have started have taken at least 6 months to get to steady attendance.  We have some now that are up over 30 people a month.  So we'll go back and work on promoting it more, find more customers to reach out to and keep trying. Wednesday night I worked for a couple of hours then hit the road.

On other fronts....haven't worked out since Monday.  I was in a deeper hole than I thought.

• Like 4

Spent Saturday moving our RV around.  Some friends were using it.  Now to get an ad written up to sell it.  Did my first workout since Monday due to the head cold.  Been too messed up to even do pushups regularly.

Saturday 7/30

Total: 13,650

One armed db press 20x65,70,75,80

Horizontal pullover 10x65,70,75,80

Overhead press 20x45,3x10x135

Sunday 7/31

Total: 18,920

Ro× 2 min 490 meters

Squat 10x20,70,5x120,4x3x150,5,1

Overhead press 20x20,2x10x60,4x10x70

Jump rope 40,40

Pushups 25, 25

• Like 3

I know nothing of Linux or Red Hat, that strategy makes sense though. A connected and informed user base makes for a customer group ready for lots of things.

I'm mad jelly of your OHP.

Monday 8/1

Biked a little over 6 miles with the wife at noon.  Then worked out in the evening

Total:40,403#

Bench press 20x20kg,60,105x15,15,15,15,15,14,9,5  (103 reps at 105kg)

Deadlift 10x70,120,150x5,6,5,6,5

Oh, and kind of went off at one of the gym attendants.  Christi had gone in twice to walk on the treadmill.    The 3rd time one of them pointed out the "no open shoes" rule and told her to leave.  This despite them NEVER enforcing the rules about putting the weights away (at least from the evidence).  The racks are labled, the plates are labeled, there is even a chart on the wall.  And they are still not put away right and I have NEVER in 3 years seen anyone corrected about it.  

Either enforce all the rules or none of them.  Don't just enforce the rules on timid 50+ year old ladies and leave the buff teenagers alone.

• Like 6