• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
UnknownUser

Buck Does Just About the Same | Part 7

Sleep - Get To Bed As Early As 10:30 PM

Gotta get that sleep. I'm still shooting for 10:30, but shooting for earlier seems to help occasionally. If I try to go to bed earlier, I procrastinate earlier. :D

^ This still remains true. Most nights, i'm going to bed at 10:50-11:20 PM, which gives me little more than (generally less than) 6 hours of sleep. I'd like to bump that up, and I know exactly how to do so. The key is getting myself to follow through.

Food - Make and Eat Good Balanced Meals

I'm in an interesting state of not knowing what the heck is going on. For a few weeks now i've not been eating a solid breakfast. That had been working for quite a while, but now i'm unsure. There are lots of things going on that could be causing me stomach trouble, a major one being stress. That makes narrowing down the problem really difficult.

I'm going to make a best effort to fit a solid breakfast back into my late morning (9-ish) to see if that alleviates the problems.

Workout - Practice Aam Ka Jutsu and Kettlebell

My martial art is my priority and I want to spend more time training and practicing. The last few challenges, i've split my four workouts per week into two lift days and two training days. I want to try having one lift day (say Monday) and 3 training days (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday).

This is a trial run of sorts, for when i'll be back at school next challenge.

Code - Work On Projects and Track Time

I'm going to continue to work on my projects and log my time.

––––––

Feel free to follow along and call me out if I need it. Keep being awesome.

Hail Hydrate. :D

I'm right there with you on sleep. A lot of things would be a lot easier if I was getting more of it. If I'm online, I'll try to keep you accountable to that. You hit me too, yeah?

• Like 1

07/17

Food:

• Breakfast: 4 tbsp. of peanut butter and a cup of coffee
  • Lunch: 1 veggie bag with 3 eggs, sauteed onion and pepper
  • Snack: a peanut butter sandwich
  • Snack: 4 tbsp. of peanut butter and a cup of coffee
  • Dinner: 1 veggie bag with chicken and white rice

Workout:

rest day

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:19 PM
  • Woke: 6:00 AM
  • Duration: 6 hr 9 min

Code:

None, other things needed to be done.

---

18 hours ago, Kishi said:

I'm right there with you on sleep. A lot of things would be a lot easier if I was getting more of it. If I'm online, I'll try to keep you accountable to that. You hit me too, yeah?

I do all my NF stuff first thing in the morning, but if I happen to hop on and see you here after 7 PM (I believe that's 10 PM for you) i'll be sure to give you a "heading to bed, right?"

Do you check in multiple times a day?

On 7/17/2016 at 11:53 AM, buckswrath said:

Hail Hydrate. :D

This is the most amazing thing ever.  I'm now going to run around saying this.

Also sleep is wonderful, won't lie.  Apparently I've been in a massive sleep debt for the last several months weeks, because I've been dead when I hit the mattress.  You should probably avoid that if you can.  I've found that the whole reading-in-bed thing worked wonders for me.  Also not playing games/fiddling with my phone, though I kinda need to suffer with the phone fiddling for a few reasons.  But F.lux/blue light blocking glasses/nightshift mode are all amazing things that seem to have helped me get to sleep.  And I've historically been the takes-2-hours-to-get-to-sleep guy.

• Like 1

07/18

Food:

• Snack: 5 tbsp. of peanut butter and a cup of coffee
  • Breakfast: 1 veggie bag with chicken and sauteed onion and peppers
  • Lunch: 1 veggie bag with chicken
  • Dinner: a peanut butter sandwich

Workout:

• wrist rolls @ 5
  • 4x10 KB snatch @ 25 (alternating sides)
  • 2x25 KB 2H swing @ 25
  • 1x25 KB 2H squat @ 25

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:29 PM
  • Duration: 5 hr 58 min

Code:

Worked on main project, more refactoring.

---

20 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

This is the most amazing thing ever.  I'm now going to run around saying this.

Also sleep is wonderful, won't lie.  Apparently I've been in a massive sleep debt for the last several months weeks, because I've been dead when I hit the mattress.  You should probably avoid that if you can.  I've found that the whole reading-in-bed thing worked wonders for me.  Also not playing games/fiddling with my phone, though I kinda need to suffer with the phone fiddling for a few reasons.  But F.lux/blue light blocking glasses/nightshift mode are all amazing things that seem to have helped me get to sleep.  And I've historically been the takes-2-hours-to-get-to-sleep guy.

Ah, yeah. I'm the guy that looks at the clock at 10:20 PM and thinks, "Alrighty, going to bed really soon." At 10:28 PM, "Darn, I need to finish this up." At 10:40, "Okay, i'm going to finish this thought". At 11:05 PM, "Whoops!"

I have a lot of inertia. I don't like to go to sleep and I don't like to wake up. I can wake up more consistently than I can go to sleep because i've built a habit of essentially exploding out of my bed in the morning. I know that i'll fall back asleep, and feel horrible, if I don't.

On 7/18/2016 at 1:46 PM, RisenPhoenix said:

I'm so tempted by a pair of blue-light-blocking glasses. I do use redshifting on my electronics.  For me, though, the biggest problem is actually getting into bed.  Like, physically going there.  (I do a little phone fiddling in bed, but really a limited times' worth.)

I should read.  I do have books out.

8 hours ago, buckswrath said:

Ah, yeah. I'm the guy that looks at the clock at 10:20 PM and thinks, "Alrighty, going to bed really soon." At 10:28 PM, "Darn, I need to finish this up." At 10:40, "Okay, i'm going to finish this thought". At 11:05 PM, "Whoops!"... I have a lot of inertia.

Yeah, this is me.  What time zone are you in?

• Like 1

07/19

Food:

• Snack: a cup of coffee
  • Breakfast: 1 veggie bag with chicken
  • Lunch: 1 veggie bag with 3 eggs, 2 pork sausage, and sauteed onion and peppers

Workout:

skipped it

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:13 PM
  • Woke: 5:58 AM
  • Duration: 6 hr 19 min

Code:

A little bit of main project work.

---

15 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I'm so tempted by a pair of blue-light-blocking glasses. I do use redshifting on my electronics.  For me, though, the biggest problem is actually getting into bed.  Like, physically going there.  (I do a little phone fiddling in bed, but really a limited times' worth.)

My computer was experiencing some crashing last week, so I ran a full scan (everything turned out fine). That took several hours! It was enough time for me to get through nearly 100 pages of the Warcraft archive that I had been meaning to dig into. It was nice to take a break to read a book. :D

I should read.  I do have books out.

Exactly!

Yeah, this is me.  What time zone are you in?

UTC-7. I believe that Kishi is UTC-5, based on what's in his profile. So he's two hours ahead of me.

• Like 1

07/20

Food:

• Snack: 2 sweet pickles
  • Lunch: 1 veggie bag with chicken
  • Snack: 4 tbsp. of peanut butter
  • Dinner: 1 veggie bag with chicken

Workout:

rest day

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:18 PM
  • Woke: 6:15 AM
  • Duration: 6 hr 20 min

Code:

Only got three hours of work in on the main project.

07/21

Food:

• Breakfast: 6 tbsp. of peanut butter and two cups of coffee
  • Lunch: 1 veggie bag with 3 eggs and 2 pork sausage
  • Snack: 2 tbsp. of peanut butter
  • Dinner: 1 veggie bag with tomato, 3 eggs, and 2 pork sausage, and 2 tbsp. of peanut butter

Workout:

bag work with instruction, punches, elbows, and round-houses

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:00 PM
  • Duration: 6 hr 33 min

Code:

I got more accomplished than the day before!

07/22

Food:

• Breakfast: 4 tbsp. of peanut butter and two cups of coffee
  • Lunch: a baked potato with 3 eggs and 2 pork sausage
  • Snack: 2 tbsp. of peanut butter
  • Dinner: 1 veggie bag, ground beef, and rice

Workout:

100 side-kicks and 100 double-tap round-houses each side

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:30 PM
  • Duration: 6 hr 1 min

Code:

None

On 7/18/2016 at 9:33 AM, buckswrath said:

Do you check in multiple times a day?

Mostly in my own thread, yeah. :P I used to check in multiple times per day, but that's had to fall by the way side, because between social obligations, training, and having to work way far away on the other side of town, there's just no time for me to get here like I used to. Maybe on the weekends. Maybe.

Anyway, looking good over here!

• Like 1

07/23

Food:

• Breakfast: 1 veggie bag with ground beef and rice
  • Lunch: a peanut butter sandwich
  • Dinner: a hamburger with onion, tomato, pickles, and lettuce, and a few drink samples (tried pale ale, normal beer, a lager, and two ciders)
  • Dessert: a pint of chocolate and peanut butter cup gelato

Workout:

rest day

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:50 PM
  • Woke: 7:00 AM
  • Duration: 5 hr 30 min

Code:

Did a little bit of work on the main project.

---

16 hours ago, Kishi said:

Mostly in my own thread, yeah. :P I used to check in multiple times per day, but that's had to fall by the way side, because between social obligations, training, and having to work way far away on the other side of town, there's just no time for me to get here like I used to. Maybe on the weekends. Maybe.

Anyway, looking good over here!

You do you. Unless you've got a time turner, you can only do so much.

If you're up late and reading this, head to bed. Otherwise, have a good day.

• Like 1

07/24

Food:

• Breakfast: 1 veggie bag with ground beef
  • Lunch: 1 veggie bag with ground beef
  • Snack: 4 tbsp. of peanut butter
  • Dinner: 1 veggie bag with chicken, onion, and rice

Workout:

rest day

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:40 PM
  • Duration: 5 hr 45 min

Code:

Did a little bit of work on the main project.

23 hours ago, buckswrath said:

You do you. Unless you've got a time turner, you can only do so much.

He doesn't have a Time Turner.

He has a TARDIS.

That is the only way I've been able to understand how much @Kishi can get around.  And I've been watching him for almost 4 years at this point.  I still have no idea how the hell he does it.  And why, if he has a TARDIS, he hasn't visited me as much as he could. (JUST THINK OF THE ADVENTURES WE COULD HAVE KISHI!!)

Also, buck, do you subsist on peanut butter? >.> <.<  That's.... that's a great deal of PB.  And I LOVE PB.  But I Think I'd grow tired of it eating it that much.  And that also comes from a guy who eating the same stuff regularly. >.> <.<

• Like 1

Just now, RisenPhoenix said:

Also, buck, do you subsist on peanut butter? >.> <.<  That's.... that's a great deal of PB.  And I LOVE PB.  But I Think I'd grow tired of it eating it that much.  And that also comes from a guy who eating the same stuff regularly. >.> <.<

I am completely aware that I eat a TON of peanut butter. I really do like it. Right now i'm trying to figure out what my stomach likes and doesn't like. That means that i'm resorting to foods like peanut butter sandwiches made with crappy potato bread, because they are essentially anti-fiber (I know that's not a thing). When it's rotated in with bulkier foods, my stomach isn't bothered by the large quantity of peanut butter. If I were to just eat peanut butter...that would suck.

I've thought about trying to switch out the peanut butter for something healthier (peanut butter's got a lot of saturated fat) and cheaper. Almonds perhaps? I think almonds are alright. I'm sure I would eat them more sparingly. I've also thought about not snacking at all (or very rarely), I don't know if that would work for me.

Do you snack? Any suggestions?

Nut butters are basically the same, despite some people claiming one is superior/healthier to the other.  Assuming you're getting the I-just-ground-the-nuts-to-a-pulp kind, and not the Jiffy/Peter Pan/are we actually sure there are peanuts in here kind.  And even then, they aren't that bad.  The whole Saturated fat thing isn't as bad as "Common Knowledge" has us believe.  As long as your avoiding the Trans fats, you should be fine.

Nuts are just expensive over all, though if you can grab them in bulk it makes life a bit easier.  For my snacks I tend to do things like greek yogurt or fruit, though, which the latter might not be good for you right now if you're trying to avoid fiber.  Otherwise I tend to snack on things like cucumbers and carrots.  Snap peas.  Now and again I'll sacrifice a pre-cooked chicken breast and devour that when I'm feeling like I'm in the savory mood.  Or cottage cheese mixed with garlic powder and pepper.

So, uh, yea.  I snack a lot.

>.>

<.<

• Like 1

07/25

Food:

• Breakfast: 1 veggie bag with ground beef and rice
  • Lunch: a peanut butter sandwich
  • Dinner: 1 veggie bag with ground beef and rice

Workout:

staff work

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 10:54 PM
  • Duration: 6 hr 29 min

Code:

Worked on the main project. I managed to figure out what was wrong with the issue I was having the day before.

07/26

Food:

• Lunch: 1 veggie bag with 3 eggs and 2 pork sausage
  • Snack: 2 sweet pickles
  • Dinner: 1/2 veggie bag with chicken and rice
  • Snack: 1 tbsp. of peanut butter

Workout:

lifted things and cut tree branches

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:42 PM
  • Duration: 5 hr 43 min

Code:

A lot of main project work.

---

On 7/25/2016 at 7:20 AM, RisenPhoenix said:

Nut butters are basically the same, despite some people claiming one is superior/healthier to the other.  Assuming you're getting the I-just-ground-the-nuts-to-a-pulp kind, and not the Jiffy/Peter Pan/are we actually sure there are peanuts in here kind.  And even then, they aren't that bad.  The whole Saturated fat thing isn't as bad as "Common Knowledge" has us believe.  As long as your avoiding the Trans fats, you should be fine.

Nuts are just expensive over all, though if you can grab them in bulk it makes life a bit easier.  For my snacks I tend to do things like greek yogurt or fruit, though, which the latter might not be good for you right now if you're trying to avoid fiber.  Otherwise I tend to snack on things like cucumbers and carrots.  Snap peas.  Now and again I'll sacrifice a pre-cooked chicken breast and devour that when I'm feeling like I'm in the savory mood.  Or cottage cheese mixed with garlic powder and pepper.

So, uh, yea.  I snack a lot.

>.>

<.<

Peanut butter seems to be the least expensive nut butter. The almond butter that I tried was fantastic, but pricy.

Yeah, although I do believe that saturated fats are in the same boat as trans fats, I don't think that i'm going to keel over because of eating a lot of peanut butter. I simply take into account what I learned in a nutrition course a semester ago. I learned that saturated and trans fats could be detrimental to a person's health, whereas a good amount of poly/mono unsaturated fats could be beneficial. I honestly couldn't tell you the exact reason anymore.

3 hours ago, buckswrath said:

Yeah, although I do believe that saturated fats are in the same boat as trans fats, I don't think that i'm going to keel over because of eating a lot of peanut butter. I simply take into account what I learned in a nutrition course a semester ago. I learned that saturated and trans fats could be detrimental to a person's health, whereas a good amount of poly/mono unsaturated fats could be beneficial.

That's the conventional wisdom, but I'm with RP, the evidence for the danger of saturated fats isn't as good as they claim.  Most of the 1980s "heart health" guidelines don't look that solid.

07/27

Food:

• Snack: 2 tbsp. of peanut butter and a cup of coffee
  • Lunch: 1/2 veggie bag with ground beef and rice
  • Dinner: 2 sweet pickles, and 1/2 veggie bag with ground beef and rice

Workout:

rest day

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:01 PM
  • Duration: 7 hr 15 min

Code:

A little bit of main project work.

---

20 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

That's the conventional wisdom, but I'm with RP, the evidence for the danger of saturated fats isn't as good as they claim.  Most of the 1980s "heart health" guidelines don't look that solid.

Okay, I see what you mean.

07/28

Food:

• Lunch: 1/2 veggie bag with ground beef and rice
  • Dinner: 1/2 veggie bag with ground beef and rice

Workout:

skipped it

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:10 PM
  • Duration: 6 hr 16 min

Code:

Some main project work, made some progress, which is nice.

07/29

Food:

• Lunch: 1/2 veggie bag with chicken and rice
  • Snack: a handful of dill pickle chips

It was too late for me to use the stove, so I just went with another sandwich for dinner.

Workout:

100 double-tap roundhouses each side, and 50 front-punches

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:00 PM
  • Duration: 6 hr 15 min

Code:

Did a bunch of main project work and made some progress on a huge update.

---

07/30

Food:

• Snack: 4 tbsp. of peaunt butter and a cup of coffee
  • Breakfast: 1/2 veggie bag with chicken and rice
  • Lunch: 4 tbsp. of peanut butter and a cup of coffee
  • Dinner: 1/2 veggie bag with chicken and rice
  • Snack: a peanut butter sandwich and 1/4 cup of chocolate ice cream

Workout:

rest day

Sleep:

• Bedtime: 11:04 PM
  • Duration: 6 hr 18 min

Code:

Worked on main project, and got a little stuck.