• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Alaysia

Alaysia Goes Scarlett

I was raised on old movies. I geeked out over Tom Hatten's Family Film Festival movies. TMC was my favorite cable channel and I would happily watch all the insider information on how the movies were made and what the actors did on set. My fourth grade report on movie stars was on Mae West. But my biggest hero was and still is, really, Scarlett O'Hara. She pulled herself and others through some insanely hard times. She got shit done, no matter how she had to do it.

Scarlett-O-Hara-scarlett-ohara-15153830-

Luckily, I am not actually trying to get through the Civil War, starvation, or the collapse of life as I know it. I am, however, trying to work full time and go to school full time. I work 730 to 430 and then do school work from 5 until about 9. Unless it's the weekend, in which I do schoolwork all day to make up for the two evenings of the week in which I take my daughter for 2 hours of Judo.

So, I wasn't going to do a challenge this month. However, I want to stay tapped in. Ya'll are my Tara, my motivation to get things done. I need to keep some part of me in here so that when my job ends on the fifth and school ends on the sixth, I still have my path home. (Studio audience: Awww. )

"As God as my witness, I'll never go hungry again!"

I will track everything. Ev.Ery. Thing! I don't actually fear I'll go hungry, but with my butt in an office chair nearly 12 hours a day, food intake is seriously way important to be keeping track of, like whoa.

"I can shoot straight if I don't have to shoot too far."

I'll continue with bodyweight training. Not ideal, but I'll do step ups and such as I can while on breaks. At home, I'll be doing dumbbells. I'll start with 3 sets of 10, and each week increase sets. I'll keep track, here.  And I'll try to at least get to the weight machines. During the time my daughter has judo, the weight area is super-packed. But a machine should be free, at least. In short, I'll get my workouts in where and when I can, at every opportunity.

And that's it. I will restart my regularly scheduled programming on the last week of this challenge after the madness is over.

• Like 4

Follow follow follow follow! Good to see you here despite the epic everything! No need to over do, we're here no matta what! :D 

• Like 1

Lawdy! My teacher decided that 3 chapters to read, take notes on, complete a 15 page chapter review on, plus a quiz in a week wasn't hard enough. This week we have 6 chapters. We'll see if I make it. I know what I'll be doing on my lunches, anyway.

Good first day: tracked all food today. And did 3 sets of ten dumbbell shoulder presses. I did 10# and really struggled which gave me a sad. I was doing 15# not but a few weeks ago. Oh, how the strong doth slip away.

I miss life. I miss Skyrim. I haven't gotten to play Pokemon Go. I miss being out of an office chair and not looking at a computer.

15678603596_e39443b9b0_b.jpg is what I'm saying.

• Like 1

I had a long conversation yesterday with a professor friend about summer classes. He was talking about how torn he is about workload during the summer, that he feels bad about giving a lot but that the courses are typically condensed from 8+ weeks into 5 so he has no choice but to pack it in. I'm thinking that folks who take summer courses are either really driven about their goals, or dopes like me that failed art history 101 cause it was so boring (long story). Anyhoo, I applaud you for being in school in the first place (not my favorite place...) and for sacrificing your time for your goals. It's only temporary and we'll see you soon!!!