Minichallenge Chat

Hazard

I tried the Tarzan World, and according to my test I have to do 70 Pull-ups and 4:30 mins worth of a Dead hang?! That's going to be... yeah... O.o

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

8 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

I tried the Tarzan World, and according to my test I have to do 70 Pull-ups and 4:30 mins worth of a Dead hang?! That's going to be... yeah... O.o

Deep Jungle is an OR quest.  You only have to do one or the other. :playful:

• Like 2

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

1 hour ago, Anim07734 said:

Deep Jungle is an OR quest.  You only have to do one or the other. :playful:

OH!!! That's a HUGE relief! I was looking at my numbers like

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

1 hour ago, Cataleya said:

Yeah I think half of the group made that mistake, myself included. Apparently assassins don't read! XD

That's why Wanted Posters have a picture, so we don't have to read! 

flynn_rider_wanted_poster_by_ayameclyne-

• Like 7

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Cataleya said:

I'm gonna start Wonderland tonight. Wish me luck... I haven't done a handstand in years.

EDIT: Actually... where do I start? What's the easiest version of this?

Good luck, you can do it! If you're not sure how comfortable you'll be upside-down, you can walk your feet up the wall to see where your limit is. If you're comfortable upside-down but not sure on arm strength or balance, try a forearm or tripod headstand. 

Disclaimer: I'm not anything resembling professional or knowledgeable, but those helped me. Good luck!

• Like 3

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

1 minute ago, Manarelle said:

Good luck, you can do it! If you're not sure how comfortable you'll be upside-down, you can walk your feet up the wall to see where your limit is. If you're comfortable upside-down but not sure on arm strength or balance, try a forearm or tripod headstand. 

Disclaimer: I'm not anything resembling professional or knowledgeable, but those helped me. Good luck!

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you. I was just looking at the wall like

what

It's amazing, I used to do this stuff all the time as a kid.

• Like 2
Just now, Cataleya said:

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you. I was just looking at the wall like

what

It's amazing, I used to do this stuff all the time as a kid.

Hahahaha, yeah, I can 100% sympathize with that. You just got out of the habit. :) Great time to rebuild it!

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

23 minutes ago, SuperSloth said:

Hi, wanted to get involved, but I don't know what to do.  The initial post is blank for me....Wondering if it's blocked by something at work....

Here is the required exercises.  I can't link to the challenge log, because google docs don't load at work.

Masyaf's World Quest

Complete the following circuit of exercises.

• 5 pushups
  • 10  5 alternating lunges (that's 10  5 for each leg)
  • 15 seconds plank
  • 20 air squats

Repeat the entire circuit 10 times   4 times

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Myrik said:

That is world 1, once completed there are 3 other worlds you can do.  ONe world can be completed per day.  They are all listed out in the Post.  Hope that helps.

It does, thanks.  One more question (sorry!) - Do I do worlds mutliple times, or is it complete a world, move to the next?  I'm figuring since it's a gaming format that it's complete one move to the next, but I want to do things right.

Just the fact that I am posting regularly and holding myself accountable has been the only thing that is moving me along this time.  I'm the king of ideas and plans, and crap at execution.  I feel like I should change my name to RespawnKing :)

• Like 4
1 minute ago, SuperSloth said:

It does, thanks.  One more question (sorry!) - Do I do worlds mutliple times, or is it complete a world, move to the next?  I'm figuring since it's a gaming format that it's complete one move to the next, but I want to do things right.

Just the fact that I am posting regularly and holding myself accountable has been the only thing that is moving me along this time.  I'm the king of ideas and plans, and crap at execution.  I feel like I should change my name to RespawnKing :)

Do a world and the next day do a different one. each one only needs to be done once. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SuperSloth said:

Got it.  So this mini challenge is separate from the 4 week challenge and any personal ones I set.  At this rate, it's all going to be challenges :)

Yep the Mini's are extra.  Not required in any way shape or form, but they are there for you to do if you want.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SuperSloth said:

Thanks for all of the help, going to do the first one at home tonight, but as I looked at some of the others, I noticed there was a test to figure out baseline?  I'm looking for it, but I can't find it in the forums.

Each world after the first has its own set of rules. For example, in the Deep Jungle, you find your starting point by EITHER doing a deadhang for as long as possible, OR doing as many pull ups (unassisted) as possible. Then you do the challenge by doing 10 times your baseline to complete the world. 

• Like 4