Minichallenge Chat

Hazard

1 hour ago, Akura said:

I never done a Minichallenge and I'm confused. (The second is a permanent state, though...) Do I understand it right, that I can start the Minichallenge now (a week after the 4-week challenge started) and proceed as fast/slow as I want to and do whatever I want, as long as I follow the rules stated in the main thread?

Edit, another question: Am I "allowed" to enter my name in the Book of Assassins in the correct alphabetic position? Or do I enter it at the end?

Welcome! Feel free to toin in :)

Go ahead and add your name to the bottom of the list, the GL periodically goes through and alphabetizes it with spreadsheet magic.

You can do this challenge pretty much how you want as long as you read the instructions super closely :)

Once you have Maysaf done, you have 3 options- pride lands, wonderland, or deep jungle. Say you choose to do deep jungle- once that is done, you then have access to all the "tier 1" worlds (pridelands, wonderland) AND the countryside on "tier 2"

Just make sure you're only working on one at a time, and you finish it before moving on to the next one (the next day)

:)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Akura said:

I never done a Minichallenge and I'm confused. (The second is a permanent state, though...) Do I understand it right, that I can start the Minichallenge now (a week after the 4-week challenge started) and proceed as fast/slow as I want to and do whatever I want, as long as I follow the rules stated in the main thread?

Edit, another question: Am I "allowed" to enter my name in the Book of Assassins in the correct alphabetic position? Or do I enter it at the end?

Yes, you can join this mini at any time and work on it at your own pace.  Each mini is different though, so be sure to read the rules each time. :playful:

Just add your name to the end; it'll get moved next time we resort the list.  This helps us keep our (sometimes complicated) spreadsheets straight.

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 1:25 PM, Manarelle said:

I really hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but... 

RULES OF THE GAME:

1. You may only work on one world's Quest at a time.  Once you've started a World Quest, you must complete that World Quest before you can travel to another world.
  2. You may only perform one world's Quest per day.  For Example: If you finish a World Quest on a Monday, you can't start another World Quest until Tuesday.

You can only do one quest at a time. :( Sorry.

Oops.  That seems to make sense for the theme.  I get excited for these Minis and I always miss one important rule.  I'll get used to the format and reading through eventually, because I'm going to keep coming back for them.

Now, for my course correction:

• I traveled to Wonderlands first:
    • Wonderlands Goal 300 sec => progress 30 + 30 = 60 sec Friday, 30 + 30 + 30 = 90 sec Saturday, and 30 * 5 = 150 sec this morning.  Done here.  On to somewhere else. 

I'm probably not going to finish all the worlds in three weeks with the correct rules as I had initially planned, so I'll have come up with a plan to get the stuff done which I want to do and lines up with my Current Challenge.  At least I got some intense workouts in, practicing my Cat Balance, Handstands, and Pullups.  My wrists are pretty sore. 

How did people finish the entire challenge in the first week?

• Like 4

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Hah, 

First thought: A style of dance I haven't tried before? Geeze, that's going to be obscure. (We learned lots of styles of dance in my gym classes growing up).

rereads: Oh, new routine. That makes more sense.

Second thought: I want to learn a maculele routine!

Third thought: Oh. right. Maculele really isn't choreographed is it?... hm...

That being said, I highly suggest people who haven't already should try bellydancing! Loads of fun, great workout, makes you feel extra schmexy even when you're not doing it perfectly. The stuff on the other side of the link is maybe not the best belllydancing out there (I'd love to see some bellydancing done by people who are not super skinny), but it's a set of videos I have experience with and so I can recommend them :) I might try the intermediate one if I can find my dvd of it...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tourennatrix said:

That being said, I highly suggest people who haven't already should try bellydancing! Loads of fun, great workout, makes you feel extra schmexy even when you're not doing it perfectly. 

It will also work core muscles you didn't even know you had. A friend was teaching bellydancing, so I tried it out. I had sore places up underneath the edge of my ribcage.

• Like 4

Joshua - Yoga Ninja Weasel #20: The Weasel goes on an Adventure!

*immediately starts plotting to drag husband into this*

I may or may not try to video tape the end results. Or even maybe the beginning efforts, we'll see :P 

• Like 3

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:00 AM, JediNickD said:

My plan and progress for this Mini:

Deep Jungle:  I tested pullups and made 14.  Previous PR was 13, so awesome.  140 though will take about 7 sessions as I can usually only manage 20 a workout.  If I do them first and last, I might be able to double that. 

Today, I travel to the Deep Jungle World.  After a nice stretch, I started pull ups going for PR first for the Ranger Mini.  I made 16!  Could not believe it.  I hit 14 and thought I was done, but I push through 1, then went for another.  I was done and didn't have time to think about another before my hands let go of the bar.  Phew.  I followed it up with a set of 5, then came back 15 min later and knocked out 10, 5, 5, which is my regular routine.  Total is 41 for today.  A long way to go through the jungle.

• Like 1

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

2 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Metal belly dance, anyone?

Oh my God, this is the most incredibly thing I have ever seen! Two weeks ago I gave a little dance lession for a couple of friends who are getting married. And I felt fancy when I let them dance Viennese Waltz to Linkin' Park...

• Like 5

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

*twerks to the "Bellydancer" stand tune that just repeats the same four measures ad infinitum*

I might take the opportunity to learn a new swing dance solo routine.  I know Shim Sham, I've done Shangri-La Bounce but am not very good at it, of course Charleston, .... there was another one that I can't remember what it was called but we did it to Chant of the Groove and it started with Falling Off a Log and had Shoe Shines in it too.

Edit: Tranky doo! That's what it was called. Lol

• Like 1

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

I decided for this challenge round to tackle the Countryside first since I was so good at avoiding it last time!  I decided walking meditations are a better fit for me than sitting around type meditations and woot woot got about halfway to done with this. I shall do one to two more lunch time walking meditation days and check this one of the list :D

Also... WOOOT DANCING QUEST!!!!! I do lots of dancing ALL THE DANCING so narrowing down to one specific routine thing to learn will be hard. For a self challenge I will try to pick something in an area I don't regularly take classes in....maybe tap? I am terrible at tap and have been wanting to try it again!! :D Belly dance could be cool too though as I have only dabbled in that once several years ago!!

• Like 3

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

I specialize in carrying too many things at once and having to open doors (pull not push!) with a twisty knob (none of those handles where I could cheat and just use my elbow).  If I had done Deep Jungle and Countryside instead of Wonderland, I would just do this on Thursday when I walk from the student lounge to my studio professor's office for my clarinet lesson and then try to come up with an excuse for why I'm carrying around my A clarinet when I'm not currently playing anything on it for lessons.  (I do sometimes practice scales on it, just to mix things up a bit and to throw off my ears so that I have to actually concentrate on my fingers but I digress.)

Or, if it had to be one heavy item, I guess I could parade my glider in circles around the living room.

But alas, I still have 8m (!) of headstand to complete.

• Like 2

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

Strapped two kettlebells together with an old pushup stand and took them for a walk. Having them suspended made it feel much heavier, probably due to instability.

• Like 4

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

So for 100 acres, I'd make two dishes per meal? Like, a protein main and a veggie side? What about meals that are one dish, but are mostly protein and plant? How would that be counted?

Does it have a food item that is mostly protein? 

Does it have another food item that is mostly plant?

If the answer to both questions is "yes", then it counts as a meal.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

So for 100 acres, I'd make two dishes per meal? Like, a protein main and a veggie side? What about meals that are one dish, but are mostly protein and plant? How would that be counted?

I was taking "food item" to be something more like "main ingredient". Like for breakfast I made a hard- boiled egg (protein) and served it with some bell pepper slices. Lunch was going to be chicken & zucchini but my chicken is still frozen >_<

• Like 1

Dinner tonight for me is chicken breast and Broccoli.  Trying to figure out dinner for tomorrow.  Cooking for a 12 hour watch is not easy.  Hoping the 1 bag of broccoli and 3 chicken breast are enough for tonight.