Minichallenge Chat

Hazard

Could someone please update my count to show that my Herculean task is over with? :P

Also, easiest way for me to get this task done was turn to my army buddy and say 'You're a casualty, act slightly dead'. So he threw himself to the ground with dramatic death throes worthy of a Spanish soap opera. Then I combat carried my buddy from the front of work to the Tim Horton's door much to EVERYONE'S amusement. (It's about 450m so I did over my count and only dropped my buddy when he got feisty and slapped my ass, I promise I aimed for grass to drop him onto)

So today at work I get to my work email to find that somehow the army buddies at work turned it into a freaking heroic adventure where the 'stricken army man was dying, in desperate need of caffeine and saved by the valiant maiden.'

Makes for the start of a good day, let me tell you :P

• Like 12

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

18 minutes ago, Trewest said:

Could someone please update my count to show that my Herculean task is over with? :P

Also, easiest way for me to get this task done was turn to my army buddy and say 'You're a casualty, act slightly dead'. So he threw himself to the ground with dramatic death throes worthy of a Spanish soap opera. Then I combat carried my buddy from the front of work to the Tim Horton's door much to EVERYONE'S amusement. (It's about 450m so I did over my count and only dropped my buddy when he got feisty and slapped my ass, I promise I aimed for grass to drop him onto)

So today at work I get to my work email to find that somehow the army buddies at work turned it into a freaking heroic adventure where the 'stricken army man was dying, in desperate need of caffeine and saved by the valiant maiden.'

Updated. And everything about that is just awesome and hilarious.

edit: I did my task yesterday. Luckily for me, there are plenty of heavy things to carry around at work.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

8 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

Updated. And everything about that is just awesome and hilarious.

edit: I did my task yesterday. Luckily for me, there are plenty of heavy things to carry around at work.

Thank you.

I love my army boys. Last year there was a mini challenge that called for army crawls, and I couldn't do them anywhere except on a freaking treadmill at work. Same group of guys turned it into a whole crawl challenge with rules and a leaderboard and everything. It was HILARIOUS.

• Like 6

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:44 PM, JediNickD said:

Today, I travel to the Deep Jungle World.  After a nice stretch, I started pull ups going for PR first for the Ranger Mini.  I made 16!  Could not believe it.  I hit 14 and thought I was done, but I push through 1, then went for another.  I was done and didn't have time to think about another before my hands let go of the bar.  Phew.  I followed it up with a set of 5, then came back 15 min later and knocked out 10, 5, 5, which is my regular routine.  Total is 41 for today.  A long way to go through the jungle.

Added 50 more yesterday morning.  Had to skip my lunch time workout due to a flat tire I needed to take care of, but I did the pull ups at home hanging from a cross beam under my deck.  On to somewhere else.

• Like 4

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

4 hours ago, JediNickD said:

Added 50 more yesterday morning.  Had to skip my lunch time workout due to a flat tire I needed to take care of, but I did the pull ups at home hanging from a cross beam under my deck.  On to somewhere else.

I decided my arms could take more punishment.  Deep Space is next.  I tested at 32 so I have to get to 320 (lame, but I haven't been doing push ups like I used to).  I did 5 sets of 30, 20, 20, 20, 10 for 100 total today.  I'll knock out more tonight and tomorrow.  I should be on to a new world Saturday or Sunday.  Those hanging leg raises have done well to condition my arms and back for endurance and recovery.  I did not expect to be able to go through pull ups so quickly.   

As a side note, I tried out the Ground Kong movement.  It was fun and challenging.  I'll probably do them instead of the Cat Balance movement when I come back to Pride Lands.   

• Like 4

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Meal 2 out of the way.  Turkey Taco Salad: large serving of turkey taco meat on an even larger serving of 50/50 mixed salad from Target with some Salsa and cheese, it tasted great.  Now to figure out a meal for tomorrow, maybe avocado and eggs for breakfast, or lunch.

• Like 2

I got tripped up on Hundred Acre Woods - thought I finished with today's lunch, then saw it needed to be different plant material each time (but apples are so portable!). So...

Lunch: Hamburger with hollowed-out bun, apple slices, and stone soup cookies. Dinner 1: Cheese, meat, and crackers with home-grown cantaloupe.  Dinner 2: Chicken with strawberries and bananas.

IMG_3237.jpgIMG_3248.jpg IMG_3245.jpg

I know this "could be healthier," but a) it's working for me, and b ) I've tried for 36 years to find a veggie I can eat. Can't do it. So yay fruit! No shame. B) 

• Like 2

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

1 hour ago, tourennatrix said:

I am so jealous of all the fruit o_o

Um.... you're more than welcome to come visit? Sadly, some of the sweeter fruits are too much for me now, such as grapes, sweet apples, or figs. I keep trying veggies, thinking maybe my taste buds have changed but no joy. 

Anyhow - Coliseum done as well. Got a delivery today of paper for the big printers - two rolls of 3'x500' paper weigh roughly 52 lbs (23.5kg). Walked that bad boy up two flights of stairs then took it on a tour of the building to make 100 steps. Had to take a break once, and got some odd looks, but... done! Now to find a dance routine.

• Like 5

The end of Wonderland is in sight.  I can see it so clearly!

Only two-hundred ten seconds to go.

(That's 3m 30s for those who are either terrible at math or too lazy to calculate it yourself.)

That's like the last few seconds in a world on Super Mario World!

Would love to finish it tonight.

• Like 5

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

Last night I made, I don't really know what to call it, a dish with black beans and "Italian mix" veggies tossed with butter and seasonings, topped with cheddar jack shredded cheese, guacamole salsa, and pepitas.

This morning, I made an eggs and greens "sandwich", where I used fried eggs as the bread and collard greens as the filling. And I put some pepper jack cheese on top.

So that's two meals down. I did make a protein shake yesterday, using protein powder and bananas and cocoa powder, but I don't know that protein powder is really a food item...

I can make a tofu stir fry, but I won't have the ingredients or time for probably at least a week.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Had a short toss-up today on what dance routine to learn. Thriller almost made it, just cause, well, Thriller. In honor of random creepers at the comic con today, however, Meagan Trainor's "No" won out, choreographed with fewer high heels. (Original video here.) After 1/2 hour, I've got the chorus at 3/4 speed, and breaking to do my usual workout. If you want to slow a video down, by the way, this site gives you lots of control to slowly work up to full speed. 

• Like 1

Ugh my push-ups are suffering!

On another note, does anybody have any recommendations for workout gloves?  Or should I just deal with the blisters/callouses that will inevitably ensue from my future of practicing dead hangs and bench presses?

11 hours ago, Snickie said:

On another note, does anybody have any recommendations for workout gloves?  Or should I just deal with the blisters/callouses that will inevitably ensue from my future of practicing dead hangs and bench presses?

The general rule is that it's best to let your hands toughen up, make sure to clean your hands thoroughly and use moisturiser/hand cream. Look after your skin.

I only use gloves if i have a bad blister or cut, in which case I just use an old pair of knife gloves that were going to be thrown out at work.

• Like 1

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

14 hours ago, Snickie said:

For me gloves made my hands rip worse.  now that I have the callouses formed they don't hurt after pull ups. 

Interesting.  Thanks for the advice, @Grayspeed and @Myrik.

I'm only a little concerned since my livelihood currently relies on my ability to use my hands fluidly.  Also makes sense, callouses and blisters might not affect how I play the clarinet unless they're on the pads of my fingers or joints (bandaids do limit mobility) and you don't really use those for pull-ups.  I just hope my grip doesn't affect my grip on clarinet too much. If that makes sense.  (I'm sleepy.)

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:55 PM, JediNickD said:

I decided my arms could take more punishment.  Deep Space is next.  I tested at 32 so I have to get to 320 (lame, but I haven't been doing push ups like I used to).  I did 5 sets of 30, 20, 20, 20, 10 for 100 total today.  I'll knock out more tonight and tomorrow.  I should be on to a new world Saturday or Sunday.  Those hanging leg raises have done well to condition my arms and back for endurance and recovery.  I did not expect to be able to go through pull ups so quickly.   

As a side note, I tried out the Ground Kong movement.  It was fun and challenging.  I'll probably do them instead of the Cat Balance movement when I come back to Pride Lands.   

I completed the Push Ups for Deep Space on Friday morning.  I started Meditation in the Countryside Saturday morning.  Through the three day weekend I extended my typical meditation time from 10 min to 20 min and did morning and night, instead of just morning.  I logged 120 minutes through the three days.  The mediation was a simple breathing with a Jedi chant I have been doing for a couple years now.  It is very relaxing.  I usually do it right before work and right after my workout, but at home I have a lot more freedom on when and where to do it.  In the mornings, I sat with my rabbits in their yard.  In the evenings, I lied in bed before sleep reflecting on the day.  I need to get back to doing that more.  It is very rewarding and motivating.  Unfortunately, I end up not being sleepy and I have to go make a list of things to do for the next day.  After I can go lay down again.

Tomorrow morning, I'm planning to travel back to the Pride Lands to do the Ground Kong movements.  I won't get my lunch time workouts with Toastmasters today and tomorrow, so it will take a few days to get the workouts done and move to the next one.  Maybe I should do the 100 Acre Wood instead... I could knock it out faster and help complete the World.  Hmm.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Finally finished countryside!!!! Why is it so hard to get myself to do meditate-y things?! Next up: Wonderland. If I wore dresses less often is would be SOO much easier to get to this at work!!!! But yeah..flashing people is generally not cool soooo =P

• Like 3

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

On 9/1/2016 at 4:22 AM, Trewest said:

This is so epic and hilarious. Lolololol.  Also... EXCELLENT IDEA. I am totally going to haul around a person for this!

• Like 4

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

24 minutes ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Finally finished countryside!!!! Why is it so hard to get myself to do meditate-y things?! Next up: Wonderland. If I wore dresses less often is would be SOO much easier to get to this at work!!!! But yeah..flashing people is generally not cool soooo =P

Yay leggings? And I hear you on the hard to meditate bit. Sitting still is very difficult. 

• Like 1

Interesting.  Thanks for the advice,@Grayspeed and@Myrik.

I'm only a little concerned since my livelihood currently relies on my ability to use my hands fluidly.  Also makes sense, callouses and blisters might not affect how I play the clarinet unless they're on the pads of my fingers or joints (bandaids do limit mobility) and you don't really use those for pull-ups.  I just hope my grip doesn't affect my grip on clarinet too much. If that makes sense.  (I'm sleepy.)

I found that in the beginning with pull ups, I wore my bike gloves for the first week or so and then went with out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Yay leggings? And I hear you on the hard to meditate bit. Sitting still is very difficult. 

I discovered walking meditation at lunch worked really well for me because I sort of walk to get some relaxation and away from my office anyway, so it was perfect! I spend a large part of my day sitting at a computer for work... sitting more for meditation was just a big nooooope!

And yeaaah I could do leggings occasionally. During the summer it is too hot here for me to want to deal with pants. (I'm in an area of southern CA that gets hot during summer but is not regularly stupid hot so we don't have air conditioning in your average office building or house here-- thus summer = dresses and sandals all the time!!)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

17 hours ago, Snickie said:

Interesting.  Thanks for the advice, @Grayspeed and @Myrik.

I would say if your hands being in good working order is important for your job just slooowly add in the hanging and pull up stuff and gradually let calluses and hand strength build up but not so much it will cause issues for you!  I have a friend who is a massage therapist who took up aerial with me and she just had to always hold back a bit and work on more gradual progress to make sure her hands/body were able to continue to perform for work stuff!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

@Snickie I have found that coconut oil rubbed into the areas where callouses build up helps prevent the cracks and tearing that a lot of people I workout with get. I like to do that either before bed (to let it soak but oh my god my poor bed sheets) or about 10 min before I shower (and then I get to play the game 'wait what did I touch with oily hands?!?!')

• Like 2