So I'm finally posting my new challenge! I've already started today, but finishing the last one yesterday buggered up the preparation side somewhat. So without further ado....

Why have one festival themed challenge when you can have two? At the end of week 1 I'm off to Ramblin' Man Fair:

25164610822_79e2b92f78_o.jpg

Not a camping weekend this time, just two day tickets, so shouldn't be quite such a pause in my goals for this. I love a bit of classic rock and prog, so this should be a great weekend out with my Dad.

To Goals!

The Final Countdown - 25XP

What? Finally counting down my smoking, to be virtually smoke free by the time the next challenge rolls around.

Why? I'm sick of not being able to keep up with people, be it walking, swimming or manual work, because I've spent the past 11 years deliberately destroying my lung capacity. I'm also training for an OCR at the start of October, and running training and smoking do not mix.

How? Follow these rules:

• No smoking at work
  • At last challenge, no smoking at home, at the gym (or climbing gym) or in the car
  • Count how many cigarettes I have and track on here

This should mean that I have several completely smoke free days throughout the month, and only really smoke socially. I have however set the XP really high as I'm expecting to fail a fair bit whilst I adjust.

Still of the Night - 10XP

What? Get to bed at a sensible time, and get up at a sensible time too

Why? Because I need sleep to recover from workouts and get stronger, not to mention to keep me sane and awake at work. And I hate sleeping in and rushing or feeling like I've wasted half a day.

How? Every night I will be in bed by 11pm, or within 1 hour of getting home, whichever later. No more "up to bed at..." though, must be in bed, lights off, by that time. Workday mornings I will be out of bed by 7am.

Punishment: I will do 1 burpee for every 5 minutes late I get to bed, 1 burpee for every 5 minutes late getting up, 5 burpees for every time I hit snooze and 20 burpees if I turn my alarm off and go back to sleep. Seen this work for a couple of people, so hopefully it'll work for me too.

Runnin' Wild - 15XP

I forgot Lemmy drives the truck in that video...

What? Get in some running training in preparation for the OCR.

Why? In preparation for the OCR, I just told you! It's 14km, I want to make sure I complete it, and hopefully complete it without too much injury. And the futhest I've run in one go is 5 miles, so definitely going to need a lot of training.

How? Stick to the Runkeeper plan I'm currently working on - usually means running 4 times per week on days beginning with T and S.

Blind Man - 5XP

What? Track weight and body fat % weekly.

Why? I'm not currently calorie/diet tracking, or sticking to any sort of plan. I'm just trying to eat sensibly intuitively. So if I'm not tracking what's going in, I at least need to keep an eye on the result, otherwise I'm blind to it (see, the song totally fits).

How? Sunday nights, before bed, weigh self and then measure self and input into this handy spreadsheet. (Not my work, all credit to @Geek On Fire for making this).

Killer on the Loose - 10XP

What? Keep up strength training the the gym and bouldering.

Why? Because I want a level of functional strength that I'm never held back from enjoying myself by my body. Plus the aforementioned OCR, the bouldering particularly will help with that. And because it's fun. And of course to look good naked :) .

How? 2 sessions minimum in the gym or bouldering per week. 

Bonus: +5XP for 12 sessions in the challenge.

A Better Man - 15XP

What? Sort myself out to sort my house out (or vice versa?).

Why? Because tidy house tidy mind, and also it would be nice to be able to have friends round without worrying about the state of the place. And hopefully if I keep on top of the simple things it will make my life easier.

How? Do the following every week:

• Clean kitchen or clean bathroom
  • Hoover either downstairs or upstairs
  • At least 20 minutes tidying a room
  • Run a load of washing at the weekend, and put out to dry
  • Prep breakfasts on a Sunday (preferably for the whole week)

Housekeeping:

1. I expect to find some loopholes in my challenges as I work through - I will enjoy them for the week and then all known loopholes to be closed on Mondays.
  2. Expect profanity, long rambling stories and a lot of Pokémon GO! in this thread. Please feel free to join in with any of these.
  3. All units may be in metric or imperial, SI or non-SI, Gregorian, Julian or Aramaeic, Lunar, Solar or Nebular, or just plain made up.

So that's pretty much all from me, lets rock on with this one!

• Like 9

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Week 1 stats

Blind Man - 11st0, 16.02%BF (checked 17/07/16)

Final Countdown - 6/7 days, 51 smoked

Still of the Night - 1/7 days, 33 burpees imposed

Runnin' Wild - 3/adjusted 3

Killer on the Loose - 2/2

A Better Man - 0/5

Daily Dare PvP: MTWTFSS - 40 Sit-ups (EC), 2' raised leg hold (EC), 60sec Squat Hops (EC), 20 single-leg push-ups (EC)

Rangers Gonna Warcraft - 670 Mountain Climbers

Rule changes for week 2:

Final Countdown - No stopping on the way to/from work just to smoke

Still of the Night - Late to bed is now 10 burpees, plus 1 per extra 5 minutes

Late getting up is now 10 burpees, plus 1 per extra 5 minutes, 5 per snooze and 20 if alarm tuned off

A Better Man - rules basically unchanged, but I now have Mrs on board and we have it written up on a whiteboard so it might actually happen!

Week 2 stats

Blind Man - 10st12, 15.9% BF (checked 30/07/)16

Final Countdown - 0/7 days, 68 smoked

Still of the Night - 1 days, too many burpees imposed, too few done

Runnin' Wild - 3/4

Killer on the Loose - 1.5/2

A Better Man - 2/5

Daily Dare PvP: MTWTFSS - 50 Climbers (EC), 50 Ninja Lunges (EC), 100 Shoulder Taps (EC), 2min T-Jumps (EC), 2min Fist Clenches (EC), 2min Tricep hold (no EC), 60s flutter kicks (EC)

Rangers Gonna Warcraft - 61 Squat jumps*1.5 = 91.5

Week 3 stats

Blind Man - 10st12, 15.9% BF at 31/07/16

Final Countdown - 0/5 days, 45 smoked (weekend technically passed as I wasn't around anywhere I couldn't smoke, but I have no idea on the count)

Still of the Night - 7/7 days (once again the weekend rule relaxing helped; with less days at home and less work days)

Runnin' Wild - 3/4 (pretty happy with this given being away)

Killer on the Loose - 2/2

A Better Man - 4/5 (I think?)

Daily Dare PvP: MTWTFSS - 2 min leg extensions (EC), 2 min double chest expansions (EC), 1 min hopping (EC), Bicycle Crunches (EC), Lunge Step-Ups (EC)

Rangers Gonna Warcraft - 25m alligator crawls = 5 points

#22 Challenge - 5/22

Week 4 stats

Blind Man - 11st0, 15.7% BF at 14/08/16

Final Countdown - 0/6 days, and lost count

Still of the Night - 6/7 days

Runnin' Wild - 4/4

Killer on the Loose - 3/2

A Better Man - 3/5

Daily Dare PvP: MTWTFSS - 2 min leg-hug (EC)

Rangers Gonna Warcraft - 10 Wood choppers

#22 Challenge - 8/22

Overall Round-Up

The Final Countdown - 25XP

This started ok in week 1, and then promptly flopped entirely. So scrapping this (the plan, not the giving up smoking) and will try something new in the next challenge.

Awarded 5XP as I had a good week and at least I learnt a few things about my smoking habits in the process.

Still of the Night - 10XP

The reverse of the smoking goal - this one started absolutely miserably and ended really well. Part of that I think was that the early mornings made me tired enough to go to bed early, part of it was just generally settling into the habit, and part of it was ramping up my workout schedule to make me extra tired!

Awarded 5XP for a strong finish.

Runnin' Wild - 15XP

Out of 4 for each week, I hit 3, 3, 3, 4. Given that I've never been a runner and I'm now suddenly getting up at 7am to go running, and I'm now basing our 6 miles in 60 minutes, I'm still extremely happy with this one.

Awarded 15XP.

Blind Man - 5XP

Missed a couple of measurements, so I'm going to fail myself here. More importantly though, my BF% has steadily decreased throughout the challenge, which I'm quite happy with. I would be much happier with the way I look if I were sub-13% BF, but I don't want to try and push this too hard whilst I'm trying to eat enough to keep up with training. Basically, any downward movement is good for me right now.

Awarded - 0XP

Killer on the Loose - 10XP

Aim was 2 sessions minimum per week. And I hit 2, 1.5, 2, 3 so all good. Next challenge will be more!

Awarded - 10XP

A Better Man - 15XP

Thanks to this challenge I probably did more housework than I normally would, but nowhere near what my goal was. I have a new system for this next month - stay tuned!

Awarded - 5XP

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

He's makes his triumphant appearance, ladies and gentlemen!

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Looks good!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ahhhhh!!! So jealous you get to see Airbourne!! Runnin Wild was part of my OCR playlist to get me hyped for running my Spartan! Great rock song and I'm gonna listen to it right now :)

Following!

Wolf

"Maximum Effort"

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Another festival and OCR training? I'm in! 

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Jarric, I love everything about this challenge, especially the final push to break the smoking habit - you can do it!

I was (am? I need to listen to them again) a huge Thunder fan so I will be especially supporting your tidying efforts :)

• Like 1

Wood Elf Ranger - Level 10

STR 11.75|DEX 11.5|STA 9.25|CON 11|WIS 11.25|CHA 8.5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

14 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

He's makes his triumphant appearance, ladies and gentlemen!

Why thank you *bows*

14 hours ago, deftona said:

I love everything about this! Following along :)

Great to have you!

13 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Following along again :D 

Excellent!

13 hours ago, fleaball said:

Looks good!

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Ahhhhh!!! So jealous you get to see Airbourne!! Runnin Wild was part of my OCR playlist to get me hyped for running my Spartan! Great rock song and I'm gonna listen to it right now :)

Following!

Wolf

"Maximum Effort"

I know; they're excellent. Have seen them once before so hyped to catch them again!

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Another festival and OCR training? I'm in! 

Good to see you!

1 hour ago, Balsquith said:

Jarric, I love everything about this challenge, especially the final push to break the smoking habit - you can do it!

I was (am? I need to listen to them again) a huge Thunder fan so I will be especially supporting your tidying efforts :)

Thank you! I certainly hope you're right on the smoking!

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

So not the best start to the challenge yesterday - got up at 07:40 and gave myself (and did) 8 burpees for the 40 minutes late up!

Smoking was not great, but hopefully a step in the right direction. I had 5:

1. ~09:00 - I was due to be early to work, so stopped off in the local village to catch the Pokéstops, and as an excuse to smoke technically within my rules. The servers crashed, so actually all I did was smoke.
  2. 14:40 - Made it through most of the working day, but getting towards the 6 hour mark on a very boring day I caved in.
  3. 17:30 - Having already failed for day 1 I decided to have one on my way out of work.
  4. ~19:20 - Had to stop to pick up stuff for dinner on the way home, so had one at the shop. Within the rules at present.
  5. ~22:30 - Went for a walk before bed to smoke and go to the nearest Pokéstop. Servers crashed again here, might be an omen? Anyway this is technically in the rules but definitely will have to close this loophole if it becomes a habit.

Otherwise not much to report for yesterday; dull day at work, got thrashed at badminton afterwards. Got to bed at 11:04 so immediately earned myself a burpee for the morning.

Week 1 stats at W1D1

Blind Man - 11st0, 16.02%BF

Final Countdown - 0/7 days, 5 smoked

Still of the Night - 0/7 days, 9 burpees imposed

Runnin' Wild - 0

Killer on the Loose - 0/2

A Better Man - 0/5

Daily Dare PvP: MTWTFSS - 40 Sit-ups (EC)

Rangers Gonna Warcraft - 50 Mountain Climbers

---

This morning's going a little better. Still got up late at 07:30, so 6 burpees to add to the one from last night, which I did after getting back from my run.

Runkeeper called for 3mi + strides this morning, which went like this:

Mile Pace:

NAME
PACE
CLIMB
1 mi
10:46
2 mi
10:54
3 mi
9:44

Interval Pace:

INTERVALS
PACE
CLIMB
3.00 mi
10:28
0:20
5:11
2:00
9:57
5:15
2:00
11:57
5:42
6:26
16:35

It's still horribly hot, and I was pouring with sweat all the way round, but I'm glad I did get round :) . This, plus the burpees, plus waking up late made me late for work, and I was rushing around like an idiot. All the more reason to get on top of my sleep soon!

Also pleased to say that it's now 13:00, and I have not smoked yet today. Plan to at least make it through the working day, but even better would be the whole day :) .

Gym night tonight, and much work shall be done for the mini!

• Like 8

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Jarric said:

Also pleased to say that it's now 13:00, and I have not smoked yet today. Plan to at least make it through the working day, but even better would be the whole day :) .

Do it to it. You are more than capable.  Following  along.

Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

Good goals here, mate, I'm following along.

Glad you liked the spreadsheet, I still use it too.

Geek On Fire | Level 4 Half Elf Ranger

STR: 9 | DEX: 4 | STA: 9 | CON: 14 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 4

Challenges: 12, 3, 4, 5Battle log

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself"  - Seneca

"The only easy day was yesterday" - US Navy SEAL motto

17 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Do it to it. You are more than capable.  Following  along.

Thanks dude, good to have you!

14 hours ago, Geek On Fire said:

Good goals here, mate, I'm following along.

Glad you liked the spreadsheet, I still use it too.

Yeah, it's excellent mate, thanks.

13 hours ago, Terra said:

Love your goals and the music too!  Wahoo

Cheers!

10 hours ago, Xena said:

So many clever things about your challenge. I like the burpee system and the idea of closing loopholes after a week. Great work on the Daily Dares!

Thanks! I'll either get really good at going to bed this month, or really good at burpees! I suppose neither would be a bad thing!

-----

After I posted yesterday I got through until about 14:20 without smoking. then went out on an ice cream run for the office so I had one then. It's within the rules at least.

Gym after work was... odd. Squats and core stuff felt really great, but everything else was ridiculously hard. Anyway, went like this:

Warm-up - 200 climbers - subbed these in instead of the normal warm-up for the mini

Squats - 40kg x 3 x 10, 45kg x 1 x10 (PR)

DB side raise/front raise/curl/press - 6kg x 2 x 6, 4kg x 2 x 6

Core: a. Leg raises - 5kg x 4 x 10

b. Russian twists - 8kg x 4 x 10

Lat pull down - 60lbs - 15, 10

55lbs - 15

50lbs - 15

Incline bench - 30kg x 4 x 10

By the time I got home from this I was a hot, sticky mess. Went out for a walk to have my 2nd cigarette of the day.

When I got back we were going to light the barbeque, but it turned out the bag of charcoal was empty! No idea why we kept an empty bag, but very annoying! So we went to the shop to get some for tomorrow, and picked up Dominoes pizza on the way home. Not the most sensible of meals, but I was well beyond the point of being bothered to cook anything else by the time I got home. Had my third and final cigarette of the day whilst waiting for the pizza.

Watched the end of the season of Mysteries of Laura I've just discovered it's been cancelled, that's upsetting... The final episode of Mysteries of Laura. Anyway that finished just before 11 so I didn't end up in bed until 11:12, earning myself 3 burpees for the morning.

Completely forgot about the daily dare until it was too late :( 

Week 1 stats at W1D2

Final Countdown - 1/7 days, 8 smoked

Still of the Night - 0/7 days, 12 burpees imposed

Runnin' Wild - 1

Killer on the Loose - 1/2

A Better Man - 0/5

Daily Dare PvP: MTWTFSS - 40 Sit-ups (EC)

Rangers Gonna Warcraft - 250 Mountain Climbers

Today is a rest day (which I think I need after how dead I felt yesterday). I decided to stay in bed an chill out as I had nothing that needed doing. Didn't get up until 08:35, so 19 burpees imposed. Did those and the 3 from last night before getting dressed and heading to work.

Nothing else to report. Not smoked so far today. Nothing planned for the evening, snooker's cancelled to just chilling really. Had the leftover Domino's for lunch, and now I best get back to work :) .

• Like 5

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Well done on the squat PR and on only smoking 3 cigs!

• Like 1

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

7 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Well done on the squat PR and on only smoking 3 cigs!

Thank you! Only smoked 1 so far today and I'm about to go to bed, so that should be that :)

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

When I got back we were going to light the barbeque, but it turned out the bag of charcoal was empty!

I had something similar but mine ended up being my dumbass dogs tearing the charcoal open and eating it.  It resulted in baked chicken rather than grilled.  Blech.

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Squats - 40kg x 3 x 10, 45kg x 1 x10 (PR)

Nice!  Our mini-challenge team is having a hell of a week PR-wise.

Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges:

Great goals, great music! Blackstone Cherry was my personal concert highlight last year, those guys are just awesome!!!

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

12 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

I had something similar but mine ended up being my dumbass dogs tearing the charcoal open and eating it.  It resulted in baked chicken rather than grilled.  Blech.

Nice!  Our mini-challenge team is having a hell of a week PR-wise.

Damn, I didn't know dogs ate charcoal! That's unlucky. Did get my barbeque in last night though, which was nice to finally do! A few sausages and some beef kebabs, nicely charred!

And thanks, we're all doing pretty well, aren't we?

3 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Great goals, great music! Blackstone Cherry was my personal concert highlight last year, those guys are just awesome!!!

Yeah, great band. Didn't think I'd get a chance to see them this year until this came up, so really looking forward to it!

49 minutes ago, Balsquith said:

Hey Jarric, great work on being mindful about when you smoke and for keeping the numbers so low - keep it up!

Cheers mate, I'm getting there!

-----

This smoking stuff may be getting boring, and I have a fair bit to say, so spoilered if you want to skip:

Spoiler

So as I mentioned, only 1 cigarette yesterday. Made it through all my rules (none at home, at work, back at home, in the car either way) and in the evening Mrs and I went out for about an hour's walk catching Pokémon (well, not really catching much, but I did hatch an Electabuzz). and had one on the way back.

Now at that point I hadn't smoked in approximately 24 hours, it was 9pm, and I definitely could have got through to bedtime without smoking. But I made a decision to smoke instead, and I think it was the right call.

I am trying to quit smoking in the same way I have been trying to make most changes in my life (and through a philosophy which is on of the things that first drew me to NF); making a series of small, sustainable steps. Try saying that 10 times fast.

So first I stopped smoking in my car and in the gym. Then i stopped smoking at home. And now I'm not smoking at work. At present I'm thinking next challenge will be "no smoking unless I'm drinking". I'm trying to break one association at a time, so that when I finally do give up it doesn't require all of my willpower to remember not to smoke, but instead not smoking in most situations is a habit anyway and I only need to push through the last few.

My other concern is that if I had got through yesterday without smoking, then the withdrawal would have been worse overnight and I would have been more likely to fail to get through the working day today. If the point of the exercise is to build the association that I don't smoke at work, then I don't want to jeopardise that by trying to do too much too fast and falling off the wagon completely (well, either that or I'm looking for an excuse to cling to the last few cigarettes I can have for the next couple of weeks).

Now this might not work, and I know the conventional wisdom is that the best way to quit is cold turkey. But if I do end up failing and have to go cold turkey in the end then I've still had a couple of months where I'm smoking much less than usual, so that can't be a bad thing. And if it does work it sounds like a far more comfortable way of doing things.

TL;DR - I only smoked 1 yesterday, go me!

Rest day yesterday so not a lot to report. Got home, had barbeque, Pokémon WENT! out for a walk with Mrs (side note: I think all conjugations of "Pokémon GO!" as a verb should the the same as the conjugations of the word "go", but in capitals and with an exclamation mark, e.g. "Pokémon WENT!", "Pokémon GOING!" and "Pokémon BEEN"

). That earned me a daily step total of 10,630, which is pretty good for a rest day.

Got back, did my daily dare (2 minutes raised leg hold - ouch ouch ouch) and added 220 climbers for the mini (doing them 20 EMOM for 11' whilst boiling eggs for breakfasts).

Early night (about 10:50 actually) meant no burpees to be added for this morning!.

Week 1 stats at W1D3

Final Countdown - 2/7 days, 9 smoked

Still of the Night - 0/7 days, 31 burpees imposed

Runnin' Wild - 1

Killer on the Loose - 1/2

A Better Man - 0/5

Daily Dare PvP: MTWTFSS - 40 Sit-ups (EC), 2' raised leg hold (EC)

Rangers Gonna Warcraft - 470 Mountain Climbers

Also got up at 07:00 this morning, so no burpees today at all! Went straight out for my run. Runkeeper called for 4mi slow, so I did this:

NAME
PACE
CLIMB
1 mi
10:57
2 mi
10:24
3 mi
10:15
4 mi
10:28
5 mi
17:30

Pretty happy with the pace, pretty consistent, but the best thing is I felt fine when I got home. Like, not worn out at all. Ok, my hips are tight, but they have been for a couple of weeks now, and my ankle's a bit weak but it always is, but I wasn't even really out of breath. After my past couple of runs leaving me in a hot, red, sweaty puddle I'm very happy with this. The weather cooling down a degree or two may also have helped.

I did have to rush out the door and forgot to brush my teeth this morning. I hope I don't do that again or I'll have to bring it back as a challenge goal for next month :apathy: .

Anyway, time I got back to work. Once again I haven't smoked yet today, so looking to stay in the rules again!

• Like 7

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Your smoking protocols make perfect sense. My dad tried giving up using Champix and although he went a long time without smoking, he eventually relapsed as certain activities would still trigger the urge to smoke. Even small things like having a cup of coffee. He ended up eating chocolate during those trigger moments, put on a load of weight, and eventually started smoking again. Your way may seem slower, but it sounds like the better option to prevent relapse.

40 minutes ago, Jarric said:

side note: I think all conjugations of "Pokémon GO!" as a verb should the the same as the conjugations of the word "go", but in capitals and with an exclamation mark, e.g. "Pokémon WENT!", "Pokémon GOING!" and "Pokémon BEEN"

So when the Pokémon GO! hype ends, it will be Pokémon DONE! ?

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

Good job with the smoking man. Baby steps are the way to go in order to make lasting change.

And my dogs are just assholes. They'd eat anything if it pissed me off. 😠

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges:

*Stumbles in late* Hey, buddy! Sorry for taking so long to find you!

Still loving your "What, Why, How" set-up :D You're doing so well with the smoking!

Also enjoying your comments on Pokemon GO :lol:

I hope you have lots of fun at that music festival! It sounds amazing <3

Matthew 25:34-40