Garjan does good things

So... things. I have little motivation for foruming stuff (at this moment right now at 7/18 9PM). But I've also been pretty actively extroverting/stressing about work (both at the same time). I guess for this challenge I have 3 main goals

Continue the awesomeness of daily exercise:

Really, I shouldn't discount this. In the past 2-3 challenges I have made massive strides from working out maybe once per week to doing something active almost daily. Easily 5 days out of 7. Pokemon go this past week has helped me take this to the next level - extending previously 10-15 min runs to 40+ min. Keep it up! Make it a habit, not just due to a random burst of motivation.

• Yoga 3 times per week, continuing Yoga With Adriene's Yoga Camp (even if I don't do it daily)
  • 2 long walks or runs. Long = 30+ min of hiking or neighborhood exploration runs

Sleep is important, and should not be neglected:

So when I first got back into the groove of NF Challenges, I had a few (unsuccessful) attempts at sleeping solid amounts. To give a reference - last week I averaged 5 1/2 hours per weeknight  And then 9 ish hours on the weekend. 

• 7 hours (or more) per day. By going to bed at 10-10:30 and waking up 5-5:30. (is my math right? will correct later if not.....)

No excuses. Eat dinner at normal human time - not 11 PM because (enter excuses here). Rawr.

Alcohol:

Continue the following:

• 2 or less drinks Monday - Thursday (carryover from last challenge)
  • 4 or less drinks Friday - Sunday (new)
  • Like 1

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Week 1 Day 1

1) Yoga Camp Day 11 (45 min video)

Plus I caught the following: Bulbasaur, Ghastly, Horsea (all new additions to the pokedex - yay! All caught at work - boo!)

And I hatched a Magmar (10km egg b*tches) who has 666 CP (lol)

2) 6 hr 37 min - Bed @ 22:19 and Wake-up @ 05:38 - Lots of weird zombie hospital nightmares that kept me up. IDK it was weird. 

3) Alcohol - 2 beers. Can ya tell? (is a lightweight)

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Week 1 Day 2

1) 40 min Doggy Walk

Went down to the Scyther spawn point near us (same place, not sure if there's a time range but so far I've found them there around 6PM-9PM)

Also super jealous of all the rare pokemon I see if I open my app at work during breaks. Can't play on the job. Well I could, but I like my job....

2) 5 hr 56 min - Bed @ 23:37 and Wake-up @ 05:49 - Ate dinner too late (around 11PM). :( Was not happy the next morning

3) Alcohol - 2 beers. wooo. They went down quick though

Week 1 Day 2

1) Nothing.... was on my feet running around all day at work. Also didn't get lunch (unless you count the emergency granola bar I keep on hand for such occasions). Gonna take it easy tonight.

2) 6 hr 14 min - Bed @ 22:36 and Wake-up @ 05:26 - I think I did my math wrong when I picked bedtime? Though it looks like there was a lot of "awakeness" periods which fitbit counts against you.... New bedtime ... 10 PM

3) In progress. 2 drinks so far. Gonna try to make it stay that way. 

• Like 1

@Sylvaa

Hey Sylvaa. So sorry for the delayed response. Work has been sapping all my spare energy lately (we're a little short staffed and EVERYTHING is breaking DX)

I'm looking for links to some good articles/blogs for you. But mostly? I wing it. I have signed up for a few "classes" at the Fenzi Dog Sports Academy - they are mostly geared towards people looking to competitively train their pups but have some good "beginner" classes that were very helpful for focus and training basics. 

What kind of rude behavior are you trying to avoid? We are constantly working on not jumping and not barking at the neighboring small dogs (even if they start it :P).

• Like 1

Ahhh..... I guess the challenge is pretty much over and I posted nothing (whoops). Slowly getting better at sleep. Having to be at work by 5:30 a couple times a week doesnt help much. But I have a plan. It involves buying a planner, making monthly goals and keeping track of things the old fashioned way. 

And working out my schedule to try to fit in fencing again. The olympics made me realize how much I miss it. 

• Like 1