• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

This is going to be kind of a placeholder.

I have moved to NJ! I went to a work conference last week! I joined a gym Saturday! I went to a brewery Saturday! I started my new job today! 

With all the new and exciting things, back to some basics.

Quest 1: Lift 3 times a week, do something else 2 times a week (long walk, yoga, group exercise class at work, running, etc)

Quest 2: Fruit or veggie each day

Quest 3: 40g of protein a day logged on MFP - I will undoubtedly eat more, but this is the easiest way to get me to log and not get hung up on calories or anything else. Log until you hit 40g of protein (or more, more is good)

Life Quest: I could get to travel anywhere in North America for this job, which means I 

a.) need a passport

b.) need to start brushing up on my Spanish

Passport appointment is Saturday - this is a pass if I go

Do 2 Duolingos a day to brush up Spanish. I was fluent at one point, so I should be able to get it back? Do 2 hours a week of watching media in spanish. Movies, tv shows, doesn't matter, but NO SUBTITLES. My counterpart is going to Mexico in a month, I could go with her at some point later in this rotation! But I would need to be able to be useful. So, spanish. Plus, I miss knowing another language.

Side note: I no longer have an office, I'm in an open plan. Sooo... everyone, including my boss, can see my computer. No more NF at work :( even during my lunch break. 

• Like 5

Week 1 wrap-up:

Tracking: 7/7

Workouts: 3/3, 2/2

Fruit/Veggie: 7/7

Duolingo Days: 7/7

- making the 2 hours of spanish watching optional going forward

Week 2 Summary:

Workouts: 3/3 lifting, 1/2 Other

Tracking to 40g of protein: 7/7

Eat a fruit or veggie: 6/7

Duolingo - 20XP per day: 7/7

-attempted to watch Tangled in spanish, gave up because the spanish subtitles didn't match the spoken spanish and it irritated me.

Week 3 Summary:

Workouts: 3/3 Lifting, 3/2 Other - two walks, one yoga

Tracking: 7/7 protein

Fruit or Veggie: 7/7

Duolingo: 7/7

(planned as of Sunday afternoon - may adjust depending on how the rest of today goes)

Challenge Summary:

Quest 1: B

Week 1: 3/3, 2/2

Week 2: 3/3, 1/2

Week 3: 3/3, 3/2

Week 4: ??, ??

Well, I either hit this or came really close the first three weeks, but the last week has been kind of a wash due to a slight back issue, then the calf thing

Quest 2: B

Week 1: 7/7

Week 2: 6/7

Week 3: 7/7

Week 4: ??

I stopped keeping really good track of this on the last week, I think next time I'll have to track it somewhere. I doubt I missed more than a couple of days, it's definitely a stronger part of my routine than when I started! Progress.

Quest 3: 40g of Protein every day: A+

Week 1: 7/7

Week 2: 7/7

Week 3: 7/7

Week 4: 6/7

27/28 days - pretty dang good! The only day I missed was the day after the hospital thing. That's kind of an extenuating circumstance, so I am still giving myself an A+

:

Life Quest: A+

27/28 days - 2 Duolingo sessions a day! Again, the day after the ER visit was the day I missed, so I don't really want to overly penalize myself for that. 

Workout Plan Options

Workout Options, from my last challenge

Option 1:

Workout A: 5x5 Back Squats + accessory stuff? if time permits

Workout B: 5x5 OHP and 1x5 DL

Workout C: 3x5 Back Squats, 3x5 Front Squats

Workout D: 5x5 Bench and 3x5 Power Cleans

Workouts E&F: Yoga and/or Cardio?

Option 2:

Workout A: 5x5 Back squats

Workout B: 5x5 OHP

Workout C: Either: 1x5 Deadlift or  3x5 lighter Deadlifts depending on day (my body seems to respond well to lighter/volume days interspersed with heavy days for DLs)

Workout D: 3x5 Power Clean

Workout E: 3x5 Front Squat

Workout F: 5x5 Bench

-->This is 'light' enough that I could still do yoga/cardio on nights/mornings basically whenever I wanted, but I'd need to take that one day a week as COMPLETE rest most likely, which I should be doing anyway lol

Option 3 (Lifting):

Monday: 3x5 Back Squats, 3x5 Front Squats 

Tuesday: 5x5 Bench, 3x5 Power Cleans 

Wednesday: 5x5 Back Squats

Thursday: 5x5 OHP, 5x5 Rows

Friday: 3x5 Back Squats, 1x5 OR 3x5 Deadlifts

Option 3 (At the Gym Optional Accessories - time permitting):

Monday: Light Abz/Lunges

Tuesday: Light Abz/Shoulder Shocker/Chin Ups/Moar Bench

Wednesday: Light Abz/Calf Raises

Thursday: Light Abz/Shoulder Shocker/Pull Ups

Friday: ALL THE ABZ

Option 3 (After Work Extras):

Monday: Upper Body Yoga/Walk

Tuesday: Lower Body Yoga/Walk

Wednesday: Upper Body Yoga/Walk

Thursday: Lower Body Yoga/Walk

Friday: Upper Body Yoga/Walk

Saturday: Run OR Rest

Sunday: Full Body Yoga

11 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Life Quest: I could get to travel anywhere in North America for this job, which means I 

a.) need a passport

I forget what the job description is.

Travel on a regular basis?  Or possibility of travel?

Passport appointment is Saturday - this is a pass if I go

Do 2 Duolingos a day to brush up Spanish. I was fluent at one point, so I should be able to get it back? Do 2 hours a week of watching media in spanish. Movies, tv shows, doesn't matter, but NO SUBTITLES. My counterpart is going to Mexico in a month, I could go with her at some point later in this rotation! But I would need to be able to be useful. So, spanish.

I know one person from CNF who does Spanish lessons.

However, I am going to guess it should come back quickly.

Side note: I no longer have an office, I'm in an open plan. Sooo... everyone, including my boss, can see my computer. No more NF at work :( even during my lunch break. 

Ewwww.......

Not during breaks.  Not during lunch.

Can you at least check stock quotes?

• Like 1

I've been meaning to re-learn Spanish as well. I need to get on that.

12 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Long bathroom breaks + phone = problem solved. Just tell everyone you have IBS. They probably won't ask any more questions.

• Like 1

Here for all!! Congrats on all fronts, and best for getting settled! Tienes recuerda como mi espanol... if anyone wants to attempt occasional google hangouts I'd be down :D  

• Like 1

Ewwww.......

Not during breaks.  Not during lunch.

Can you at least check stock quotes?

I turned down travel for this week already lol. Lots of travel.

Something is planned every month I am here in 2016, and I'm sure my time in this grip for 2017 will be similar.

I've been meaning to re-learn Spanish as well. I need to get on that.

Long bathroom breaks + phone = problem solved. Just tell everyone you have IBS. They probably won't ask any more questions.

I can kind of use my phone at my desk. I just prefer to NF from a computer.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Here for all!! Congrats on all fronts, and best for getting settled! Tienes recuerda como mi espanol... if anyone wants to attempt occasional google hangouts I'd be down   

That may be good as I progress. It's been a WHILE. Don't you live relatively close to me? We could do Spanish movie night or something!

• Like 1

So many exciting changes!

What TV shows/movies are you planning on watching for the Spanish practice? Pan's Labyrinth is a personal favorite... but I definitely need subtitles :P. It's been a while since high school Spanish classes!

• Like 1

FitNotes Workout - Tuesday 19th July 2016

** Barbell Squat **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 75.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Overhead Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Deadlift **

- 115.0 lbs x 5 reps

• Like 3

Your birthday came and went and you did not say a thing!  What did you do besides move?

If you did not celebrate your 23rd birthday on your 23rd birthday, then don't worry about it.  You can always celebrate it later.  Much.  Later.

My father did the same thing with his 35th birthday.  He was pushing 60 at the time telling everybody he just celebrated his 35th birthday. :lol:

• Like 2

Your birthday came and went and you did not say a thing!  What did you do besides move?

If you did not celebrate your 23rd birthday on your 23rd birthday, then don't worry about it.  You can always celebrate it later.  Much.  Later.

My father did the same thing with his 35th birthday.  He was pushing 60 at the time telling everybody he just celebrated his 35th birthday.

I took the train the night before my birthday to nyc with a friend and went to stardust diner and saw phantom of the opera.

Then on my birthday I went to a brewery with@grymm :)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, elvenengineer said:

I took the train the night before my birthday to nyc with a friend and went to stardust diner and saw phantom of the opera.

Then on my birthday I went to a brewery with@grymm :)

YAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

sjcnRvV.gif

• Like 1

Also yesterday, 7/19/16

I lifted 1/3, 0/2

I ate grapes

I tracked to 51g and didn't even put in my diner. So I definitely had more than that.

Also did my duolingo practice

• Like 2