• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lifted Today:

Low Bar/Back Squats: 

2x5 at 45#

5 at 65#

5 at 75#

3x5 at 100# <-- realizing now how terrible this warm up was lol. No wonder it felt really heavy. It made sense at the time, I swear....

Front Squats:

3x5 at 60#

Bench:

2x5 at 45#

5 at 55#

5x5 at 65#

Barbell Row:

5x5 at 50#

So we're at:

Quest 1: 2/3, 1/2

Quest 2: ate grapes today, 4/4 for days accomplished, 4/7 so far this week

Quest 3: logged 44g today, haven't missed a day yet

LQ: Did 2 more Duolingos today, my streak is looking good! Haven't missed a day.

• Like 7

Today was a great day at work, I'm really loving this job.

Then I got home and set up Pokemon Go.... and then I walked around town for an hour and didn't catch any pokemon :( But I did kill my phone! And got LOTS of steps!

We'll call that 'activity 2' for the week.

2/3 lifting

2/2 other

5/5 fruit

5/5 logging - 42g today

2/2 duolingo for the day! 5 day streak!

• Like 5

Did yoga for the upper back this afternoon thanks to @miss_marissa's post :D 

Ate grapes

Tracked to 51g of protein

Did 2 Duolingo sessions today

I think the 2 hours of spanish tv/movie time may be a stretch goal. I don't think I want to overly focus on hitting it every week. I got the passport thing done, I'm doing GREAT with my Duolingo goal, I don't want to give myself minuses when I feel I'm doing well in the spirit of the goal. 

Tomorrow! Tomorrow, I promise! 

977.jpg 

Shush, I'm working on it!

Though to be honest, this was me at the gym last time

gym lifting work out weights weight lifting

This is definitely NOT a powerlifter/bodybuilder gym, unlike my last one, where the weak willed quit. (the guy who told me to stop squatting so low never came back btw)

I was there for an hour doing my squats, bench, and rows, and the 3 guys in the other squat rack... did like 1 set each. With one of my warm-up weights. 

No shame, everyone starts somewhere, but man. I don't think they had an end goal, they were just telling, then someone would remember where they were and one would do a set. Then chatting resumes. Then someone remembered and did a set. This occurred every twenty minutes, so each one got a set in an hour. It was cute. 

• Like 6

FitNotes Workout - Sunday 24th July 2016

Might have been six working sets of squats. I lost count, couldn't remember if a set was 3 or 4. So I assumed it was 3.

** Barbell Squat **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 85.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Overhead Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Deadlift **

- 115.0 lbs x 4 reps

- 125.0 lbs x 3 reps [PR]

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

On ‎24‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 5:08 AM, elvenengineer said:

This is definitely NOT a powerlifter/bodybuilder gym, unlike my last one, where the weak willed quit. (the guy who told me to stop squatting so low never came back btw)

I was there for an hour doing my squats, bench, and rows, and the 3 guys in the other squat rack... did like 1 set each. With one of my warm-up weights. 

No shame, everyone starts somewhere, but man. I don't think they had an end goal, they were just telling, then someone would remember where they were and one would do a set. Then chatting resumes. Then someone remembered and did a set. This occurred every twenty minutes, so each one got a set in an hour. It was cute. 

I´m feeling a bit ashamed...it could have been me and my buddy at the gym late saturday evening :D:D:D Though we didn´t chat for 20 mins between sets and it was at least half about fitness related themes. ;) 

• Like 1

I´m feeling a bit ashamed...it could have been me and my buddy at the gym late saturday evening Though we didn´t chat for 20 mins between sets and it was at least half about fitness related themes.  

Lol, I'm sure you're fine. They were fine too, I just found it amusing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Lol, I'm sure you're fine. They were fine too, I just found it amusing

I´m definitely fine. There´s always a bigger fish to get impressed by (and there are always tiny fishys you smile at when you take the way bigger plates to bench with ;) )

Yay for the lifting you did yesterday. LIFTING. <3 

On 7/23/2016 at 11:08 PM, elvenengineer said:

I also wonder about people who lift weights but don't appear to be tracking anything. No phone, no paper log. Just wandering around picking things up and putting them down. Even when I just played around with dumbbells I still wrote down what I was doing. Like if you have no goal why are you here? 

10 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I also wonder about people who lift weights but don't appear to be tracking anything. No phone, no paper log. Just wandering around picking things up and putting them down. Even when I just played around with dumbbells I still wrote down what I was doing. Like if you have no goal why are you here? 

I keep a log now, but really my workout is just (3) numbers.  If I can remember those numbers, the log isn't really necessary.  Also, as a reminder, going to the gym to exercise instead of train is still a valid reason.  If I go to the actual gym, I try not to bring anything with me.  Phone, headphones, and a hoodie if it's less than scorching out.  It's a more mindless experience to be sure, but I like it.  Walk in, burn calories, sweat, go home.

1 minute ago, Grymm said:

I keep a log now, but really my workout is just (3) numbers.  If I can remember those numbers, the log isn't really necessary.  Also, as a reminder, going to the gym to exercise instead of train is still a valid reason.  If I go to the actual gym, I try not to bring anything with me.  Phone, headphones, and a hoodie if it's less than scorching out.  It's a more mindless experience to be sure, but I like it.  Walk in, burn calories, sweat, go home.

That is a valid point, lifting dumbbells to burn calories and not to build muscles is a valid form of exercise. I guess I should acknowledge that. I'm just surprised that the majority of people don't track anything. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I did this for my workout this weekend and have been for my workouts lately.

I've been feeling burnt out though and trying to find a way to make fitness fun again. And part of that is just doing whatever I damn well please :)

• Like 3

On 7/23/2016 at 11:08 PM, elvenengineer said:

Love this vignette XD. And the gif you found to go with it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I've been feeling burnt out though and trying to find a way to make fitness fun again.

Burnout is real. :(

That's why I have not been able to keep track of everybody's threads.  Or it is why a lot of my comments are mostly irrelevant and somewhat trollish.

It does not seem to affect the programming because I have no choice in that matter.  It does affect the diet that goes with it.

• Like 1

FitNotes Workout - Tuesday 26th July 2016

** Barbell Squat **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 85.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 100.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 110.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 110.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 110.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

I've been doing all the other stuff also, but I stayed up way too late Sunday night reading a book and I'm still super tired. Will do a better update when I have energy.

• Like 3

First, belated happy birthday EE! All the exciting changes and it looks like you've been killing this challenge!!! :D 

On 25 Jul 2016 at 4:40 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm not writing down anything when I'm at the gym. I have a piece of paper with me that says what I'm supposed to do and I just read it and do the sets. Although to be fair sometimes I lose track of sets. Yesterday I ended up posting random numbers (not entirely random, I just posted how many sets I'd done) at the chat room in German.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2016 at 11:10 AM, miss_marissa said:

I did this for my workout this weekend and have been for my workouts lately.

I've been feeling burnt out though and trying to find a way to make fitness fun again. And part of that is just doing whatever I damn well please :)

On 7/25/2016 at 10:57 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

That is a valid point, lifting dumbbells to burn calories and not to build muscles is a valid form of exercise. I guess I should acknowledge that. I'm just surprised that the majority of people don't track anything. 

On 7/25/2016 at 10:55 AM, Grymm said:

On 7/27/2016 at 4:58 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

First, belated happy birthday EE! All the exciting changes and it looks like you've been killing this challenge!!! :D 

I'm not writing down anything when I'm at the gym. I have a piece of paper with me that says what I'm supposed to do and I just read it and do the sets. Although to be fair sometimes I lose track of sets. Yesterday I ended up posting random numbers (not entirely random, I just posted how many sets I'd done) at the chat room in German.

We seem to have a very nice mix of people who do track and people who don't :D 

Variety is the spice of life!

I also only really have to remember 3 numbers, but I usually use my phone to track my workouts and working sets. Because:

1) Sometimes I find when I did something stupid, like jump from 75# to 105# in a warmup and wonder why it felt heavy - didn't do that agian

2) Helps me remember how many sets I've done with working sets - otherwise I sometimes loose track

Been doing duolingo (duolingo thinks I missed a day, but whatevs) - I did it after midnight that night I got caught up in a book, so I 'missed' a day. But I'm counting it as complete. 

Been tracking my 40g of protein - I'm remembering some old things I learned in past challenges - namely, I need to eat breakfast. Otherwise, it's hard to hit protein numbers. Even 40g protein numbers. There was one day where I tracked everything I'd eaten and I hadn't hit 40, so I had to eat something else. Whoops. I'm not eating enough in general, but too many goals stresses me out. This one is giving me data. Will adjust based on data next challenge.

Been eating a fruit a day - might have to make veggies specifically part of the next challenge

Working out.. hmm. I lifted Tuesday. That's... kinda it. I guess I have some catching up to do. I"m headed to the gym once I finish this, so that'll help.

Belated Week 1 wrap-up:

Tracking: 7/7

Workouts: 3/3, 2/2

Fruit/Veggie: 7/7

Duolingo Days: 7/7

• Like 3

FitNotes Workout - Thursday 28th July 2016

** Overhead Press **

- 40.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 60.0 lbs x 2 reps

- 60.0 lbs x 3 reps [PR]

- 60.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 60.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 60.0 lbs x 2 reps

** Barbell Squat **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 85.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 115.0 lbs x 5 reps [PR]

- 115.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 115.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 115.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 115.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Deadlift **

- 115.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 125.0 lbs x 5 reps [PR]

Forgot to post this Thursday. That DL pr is beautiful:)

Forgot to eat fruit thursday, other than that I'm still at 100%

• Like 6

FitNotes Workout - Sunday 31st July 2016

** Barbell Squat **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 85.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 120.0 lbs x 5 reps [PR]

- 120.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 120.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Barbell Front Squat **

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps [PR]

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 70.0 lbs x 4 reps

- 70.0 lbs x 4 reps

- 70.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 70.0 lbs x 4 reps

- 70.0 lbs x 3 reps

** Barbell Row **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

• Like 5

I missed so many of the PRs last week!!! All the PRs indeed, that's none of that is no joke!! \o/

Turns out eating more and getting enough sleep is helpful when hopping on the gainz train lol

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

Turns out eating more and getting enough sleep is helpful when hopping on the gainz train lol

lol that's the way it seems to go! :P it's been an interesting month indeed.

• Like 1