Respawning Sacculina

I've been away for a while because I felt like I didn't quite belong in the forums, but Staci came in through the Nerdfitness Academy Facebook page and convinced me that I should do it. I know it's already been a day, but I am just going to jump in now.

Nutrition:

1. Log meals. Plain and simple. Need to log all meals for the next 6 weeks. If I am not in a place to log in via MyFitnessPal, I will write everything down and log in later once I am able.

2. Drink at least 4 cups of water a day. I don't drink nearly enough.

Physical:

1. Stretch for at least 2 minutes a day. Yoga mat is ready!

2. Do 5 push-ups a day per personal trainer.

Life:

1. Work through the Academy for at least 30 minutes a day.

2. Use Calm and do a meditation exercise daily.

Day 1:

- Logged all meals in MyFitnessPal

- Drank 4 cups of water

- Worked through the academy (mindset)

- Push-ups done!

- Stretching Done!

- Meditating Done!

See you for Day Two!

• Like 2

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Battle Chronicles of Sacculina

Sacculina's Wordpress

Day two:

Logged food

Drank 4 cups of water

Meditated

Stretched

Missed:

Pushups

Academy work

• Like 1

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Sacculina's Wordpress

Welcome! Glad that Staci's post helped convince you to come back! 

Love how your goals are set up for getting back - seems like you are already in a groove.

Would you mind sharing why you felt like you didn't belong before? We've had some changes this year, which (at least I think) have made a nicer experience in the Adventurer's guild. 

Thanks!! I have been trying to get back into the grove with my health, especially since I let it go during the chaos of wedding planning. It's been a struggle alone. 

18 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Would you mind sharing why you felt like you didn't belong before? We've had some changes this year, which (at least I think) have made a nicer experience in the Adventurer's guild. 

The biggest issue was that I didn't get the support that I desired and needed. If someone did respond to my post, it usually wasn't overly helpful, but mostly, I was just ignored. To be honest, I never truly put myself out there. I would encourage others, but I was still pretty much a wall flower. I still feel like I'm not able to get the hang of forums (I was an IRC kind of gal) and I feel that I make a fool out of myself whenever I respond to people's posts. I never quite made myself visible enough for people to realize that I was here. 

During Challenge posts, I felt like I was still a lone rider. I would go at a max of two weeks posting before I gave up and did the challenge by myself. I think a lot of is it my fault. Again, I never felt comfortable posting on other's posts, afraid that I would offend or say something stupid. I felt like I was at the mercy of other people to acknowledge that I exist and it always hurt that no one would. 

I know that sounds dense, but that's why I'm trying this thing all over again. I'm giving the forum community another try. I might stick around the Challenge boards until I get the hang of forums before venturing into the wild world of the rest of the rebellion, but I am trying to get out of my shell this go around. 

• Like 1

Sacculina's Wordpress

53 minutes ago, Sacculina said:

Thanks!! I have been trying to get back into the grove with my health, especially since I let it go during the chaos of wedding planning. It's been a struggle alone. 

The biggest issue was that I didn't get the support that I desired and needed. If someone did respond to my post, it usually wasn't overly helpful, but mostly, I was just ignored. To be honest, I never truly put myself out there. I would encourage others, but I was still pretty much a wall flower. I still feel like I'm not able to get the hang of forums (I was an IRC kind of gal) and I feel that I make a fool out of myself whenever I respond to people's posts. I never quite made myself visible enough for people to realize that I was here. 

During Challenge posts, I felt like I was still a lone rider. I would go at a max of two weeks posting before I gave up and did the challenge by myself. I think a lot of is it my fault. Again, I never felt comfortable posting on other's posts, afraid that I would offend or say something stupid. I felt like I was at the mercy of other people to acknowledge that I exist and it always hurt that no one would. 

I know that sounds dense, but that's why I'm trying this thing all over again. I'm giving the forum community another try. I might stick around the Challenge boards until I get the hang of forums before venturing into the wild world of the rest of the rebellion, but I am trying to get out of my shell this go around. 

Totally doesn't! I think a lot of us - myself included - totally felt that way in the beginning! We actually had a "Socially Awkward Posting" accountability group a while ago! I know it doesn't help to know you aren't the only one, but it is totally normal.

I'll be following your challenge this round and (trying to!) give helpful advice. 

Wedding planning can be crazy - are you married now, or is the wedding in the future?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sacculina said:

I understand all of this. I am relativly new to the forums and sometimes feel the same way but have been trying to be social. I would say i could encourage you IRL but we are a bit far away :)

I am also going to follow and try to be helpful and supportive.

For the drinking of water, what kind of bottle do you use? I find having one with measuring marks helps me a lot!

• Like 1

My Character ~~ My Log ~~ Formerly Kelley Gammell

Thank you!!! I really appreciate all the encouragement. I'll come and encourage you as well. Maybe I can finally get the hang of all of this. I swear, I think I would have really benefited with a "social awkward" group. I'm definitely going to keep trying.

4 hours ago, Kelley Gammell said:

For the drinking of water, what kind of bottle do you use? I find having one with measuring marks helps me a lot!

I use a contigo water bottle that has marks at every 8oz. It has 24 oz total so I try to make sure that I drink the whole thing. I also play around with the app "Plant Nanny" which kind of entices me to drink a little bit more than I would.

6 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Wedding planning can be crazy - are you married now, or is the wedding in the future?

I am married now! There's only a honeymoon to plan for next month, but now I can focus on my health.

• Like 2

Sacculina's Wordpress

10 hours ago, Sacculina said:

Thank you!!! I really appreciate all the encouragement. I'll come and encourage you as well. Maybe I can finally get the hang of all of this. I swear, I think I would have really benefited with a "social awkward" group. I'm definitely going to keep trying.

I am married now! There's only a honeymoon to plan for next month, but now I can focus on my health.

It really did help! We'd have one day of like 50 posts and then crickets for another two weeks. :panda:

And congrats! 

Day 3:

Logged food - check

Push-ups- Check

Stretching - check

Worked on Academy (started wordpress blog for accountability and joined Forums) - check

Missed:

4 cups of water --- major fail, try again today

Meditation - oops forgot

Day 3 was a mess. I had a procedure done at my doctor appointment that shouldn't have been as painful as it was. I felt like my whole inside was about the explode. I barely had energy to do my planned workout. 

• Like 1

Sacculina's Wordpress

2 hours ago, Sacculina said:

Day 3 was a mess. I had a procedure done at my doctor appointment that shouldn't have been as painful as it was. I felt like my whole inside was about the explode. I barely had energy to do my planned workout. 

Hope you are feeling better soon! Stuff like that is such a pain and really puts a damper in the day.

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Hope you are feeling better soon! Stuff like that is such a pain and really puts a damper in the day.

It truly does, but I'm just proud of myself for doing what I could anyways. I also have a camping trip to look forward to, so I kept that in my mind when all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball. Seemed to have worked well. 

• Like 1

Sacculina's Wordpress

Days 4, 5, & 6 was spent camping out in the middle of the woods during the hottest day of the year so far. Nothing like spending the time outside in 101F weather. I rather enjoyed it.

Day 4,5, & 6:

Logged food

Drank 4 cups of water

Missed:

Meditation (day 4&5)

Stretching

Academy work

Push-ups

It was a great time to just unwind.

• Like 1

Sacculina's Wordpress