• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AugustaAdaByron

Ada's no thoughts challenge

The title says it all. I'm not putting much thought into this challenge (that's also because I have to time :P). The goal is to stop overthinking about lifting and about feeling fat (I'm concentrating on the worst again).

Goal 1: Keep cooking even if it's just for dinner.

Goal 2: Keep uploading videos.

Goal 3: Do something every weekend.

I've temporarily dropped the goal to learn German partly because I still haven't found a way to turn the CD into mp3s and partly because I've been very busy at work. Here I should also say, sorry for disappearing and sorry in advance that I'll probably not be able to keep up with other challenges! :( 

• Like 6

Aren't there other options for studying german? I think there must be a lot of nice apps or programms which comes along without an antique CD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

It's all good, we do what we can!

2 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Following, of course.  

Hey guys! Thanks! :D

1 hour ago, tyria said:

Aren't there other options for studying german? I think there must be a lot of nice apps or programms which comes along without an antique CD.

I'd still be busy and I like the idea of studying with a book. It'd be a good way to take my eyes off a screen for a while.

1 hour ago, ~RedStone~ said:

What a marvelous month that everyone's taking it easy. Take it easy Ada!!! :D 

I had no chance to read at the other challenges yet. :( Everybody is taking it easy? Trendy without even trying! :P 

This is not going to be a good challenge. I'm very busy.

I was not able to go to the gym yesterday evening due to being at work late that I was both exhausted and it did not leave me enough time to make it to the gym on time to do the full workout so I didn't go. I also made plans with someone tonight, before knowing I wouldn't be able to make it to the gym yesterday, which I don't want to cancel so I'll have to go to the gym on Saturday and on Sunday hoping that I'll recover enough in between even though I'm already still sore.

14 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

This is not going to be a good challenge. I'm very busy.

A "not good" challenge is still better than no challenge, no? Glad you still joined us for this challenge despite life being crazy :).

And nice belt! :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alanna said:

A "not good" challenge is still better than no challenge, no? Glad you still joined us for this challenge despite life being crazy :).

And nice belt! :D

Definitely better! 

Thanks for reminding me the challenge! :D 

Thanks, I really like the belt!

• Like 1

First busy week is finally over but I think the next one is going to be like this too! I had a great time at work though!

I did the second workout of the week today and I'll do the next one tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll have recovered fine by tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'll have recovered from tomorrow's session on Tuesday. Let's see...

I was also a bit social at the gym. It helps when you buy new fancy stuff that you don't need but that people like (read SBD belt). To be honest even though I don't need it, it's probably one of the best things that I've bought for the gym! I can keep it on me unfastened between the sets and it takes no time to fasten/unfasten it. I haven't tried it on deadlift yet. I will tomorrow.

Spoiler

• Like 2

Lifting today didn't feel that good (didn't look good either). I was invited to play Magic the Gathering yesterday which was a lot of fun (and fits goal 3) but I stayed up late and woke up early (I can't avoid that, actually, it seems like I've gotten used to wake up at 8:15 the latest). I tried to sleep a little bit more but didn't sleep very well and I was sleepy at the gym despite drinking a can of Monster. I'm still sleepy actually.

I decided to give into my craving, because I don't get it often and had a pizza today.

Anyway, Magic the Gathering was a lot of fun. I now need to buy my own cards. :D 

Lifting video...

Spoiler

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Lifting today didn't feel that good (didn't look good either). I was invited to play Magic the Gathering yesterday which was a lot of fun (and fits goal 3) but I stayed up late and woke up early (I can't avoid that, actually, it seems like I've gotten used to wake up at 8:15 the latest). I tried to sleep a little bit more but didn't sleep very well and I was sleepy at the gym despite drinking a can of Monster. I'm still sleepy actually.

I decided to give into my craving, because I don't get it often and had a pizza today.

Anyway, Magic the Gathering was a lot of fun. I now need to buy my own cards. :D 

Lifting video...

Reveal hidden contents

I´ve been lifting this weekend too and it was aweful regarding technique and weights. It´s this humid heat in Germany, so don´t mind it. At least you lifted!

Magic is awesome! I played it for years, there were times I went into the city 1-2 times a week to play with random people at the game store.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

I´ve been lifting this weekend too and it was aweful regarding technique and weights. It´s this humid heat in Germany, so don´t mind it. At least you lifted!

I'll get used to it! This time last year I had to lift in 40C so if I could handle that, I should be able to handle 30C. 

1 hour ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Magic is awesome! I played it for years, there were times I went into the city 1-2 times a week to play with random people at the game store.

It IS awesome! I ordered 1000 cards yesterday 100 lands, 700 common, 180 uncommon, and 20 rare. I have no idea how to create a deck yet though because there are so many different cards that I'm not sure what I need and what to expect from the opponents. I'm curious about how many cards there are in total (without counting cards with the same feature but different design twice). Also, I asked a friend of mine in Greece about Magic who said that 1000 cards will not be enough and that I'll get bored after a while and will want to buy more cards.

3 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

It IS awesome! I ordered 1000 cards yesterday 100 lands, 700 common, 180 uncommon, and 20 rare. I have no idea how to create a deck yet though because there are so many different cards that I'm not sure what I need and what to expect from the opponents. I'm curious about how many cards there are in total (without counting cards with the same feature but different design twice). Also, I asked a friend of mine in Greece about Magic who said that 1000 cards will not be enough and that I'll get bored after a while and will want to buy more cards.

I agree on that point with the 1000cards and it´s one of the reasons I stopped playing it. The newest sets are always the most op ones, so you had to buy or trade them. And being a musician isn´t the cheapest hobby you know^^

20 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

I agree on that point with the 1000cards and it´s one of the reasons I stopped playing it. The newest sets are always the most op ones, so you had to buy or trade them. And being a musician isn´t the cheapest hobby you know^^

I know. It looks like something both time consuming and requiring a substantial amount of money if you keep building decks. I'll just start to learn with the 1000 cards, see what cards other players have and then I'll see whether I'd like to buy more of them. I guess it's also important to change decks if you play with the same people as at some point they'll figure out a way to kill you if you keep playing with the same decks over and over. Also, I found out a while ago that people at work also play so I guess I might be playing more than I thought so. 

My roommate is an avid magic the gathering player (watches the tournament events online, plays in local tournaments).  It would not surprise me if he bought 1000 cards a month.  The vast majority of the cards turn out to be worth little and you buy huge amounts of cards to find the couple you need or valuable enough rares to trade for what you need.

I used to play 20+ years ago when I was a kid.  I enjoyed the game, but I actually was more inclined to buy full boxes of cards and sell the individual packs at school for profit.  It was a pretty good gig for a 12 year old.

• Like 1

So it looks like there are some people who sell individual cards as well. Or, at least, I found a few in Germany. 

That does sound like a pretty good gig! I cannot remember if I had any schoolmates who played magic in high school. If there were, there were only a few of them. I think I know more people who played at the university.