• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AugustaAdaByron

Ada's no thoughts challenge

2 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Yesterday's date actually, but I still like it... (that's what happens when you don't log in on fb often)

13935074_1055349021214322_98151621696569

Same troll line I used before:  April 8 / 16.

See you next year on pi day. :)

• Like 2

Love those pause squats, that make you look so powerful! (which you are, of course)

Maybe some pics of your next bike adventure? wink wink. subtle subtle not subtle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam Ashen said:

Same troll line I used before:  April 8 / 16.

See you next year on pi day. :)

Sounds like a threat!

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Love those pause squats, that make you look so powerful! (which you are, of course)

Maybe some pics of your next bike adventure? wink wink. subtle subtle not subtle. 

Thanks! Keyword is "look". ;) 

I'll definitely take pictures. I'll go for a bike ride during the weekend. Although I'm not sure it'll be through a park. I have to go through a park to go to work and the route is very beautiful. :D 

• Like 1

I got a bit depressed again today and decided to strike while the iron's hot. (And I found out about this idiom a few minutes ago when I was trying to find out if there's an equivalent expression of a Greek phrase - turns out the english one is pretty similar).

I went shopping to buy this week's supplies. Old habits die hard, and this time old habits are meal prepping, so I think I bought almost everything I might need. Some in excess.

So we have:

2 pieces of pork tenderloin (about 700gr), which is 4 servings

760gr of chicken breast, which is 4 servings 

4 sweet potatoes to accompany 4 of those servings

A lot of boil-in-a-bag rice bags, because that's the only way I know to cook rice :P

Bags of frozen vegetables, because I'm too lazy to prepare them myself

10 eggs

Lots of greek yogurt (I found my favourite brand so I overdid it), which is supposed to act as either snack or dinner depending on the quantity

2 monster rehab (these are for Saturday morning sessions)

I'm sure there are stuff missing but I'll buy them as soon as I realise. I also have a few protein bars, whey protein for shakes, and a few trek/nakd bars so I should be fine for a while. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

A lot of boil-in-a-bag rice bags, because that's the only way I know to cook rice :P

Arguably the best way to make rice. Sure you could buy plain white or brown rice in jumbo bags for cheap but who has the time to wait 45min to an hour for brown rice to cook. Ill take my 10 min quick-rice any day.

• Like 2

Just now, ArgSki77 said:

Arguably the best way to make rice. Sure you could buy plain white or brown rice in jumbo bags for cheap but who has the time to wait 45min to an hour for brown rice to cook. Ill take my 10 min quick-rice any day.

I don't.  Certainly not on weeknights when I am getting home at 8:30pm.

• Like 1

Just now, AugustaAdaByron said:

I even have microwaveable bags of two servings or half for @Sam Ashen :P (yes, Sam, I do expect trolling once the cut has started).

I separate them and microwave them on two different nights.

Last week I really did pick up a couple of microwavable bags of mixed brown rice and quinoa.  The bag really did say 2 "servings."  I really did cook 2 bags.

And yes, I do expect a whole bunch of revenge trolling once my cut has started. :panda:

• Like 1

Just now, Sam Ashen said:

Last week I really did pick up a couple of microwavable bags of mixed brown rice and quinoa.  The bag really did say 2 "servings."  I really did cook 2 bags.

And yes, I do expect a whole bunch of revenge trolling once my cut has started. :panda:

There's going to be a cut?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have ground-breaking news! :panda:

• Like 1

Sooo, I started the cut yesterday and I took starting photos and measurements today. To be honest I'm not sure how helpful the measurements are going to be. I've recomped in the last two years (according to the photographs), having the same weight, and the only difference is in my waist measurement.

I informed the coach about it as well because I was about to get in a new lifting program this week. He increased the frequency of the lifts so now I'm doing squat, bench, and deadlift every time. (I'll probably swear and sweat but I'll enjoy it.) He also sent me some links and a few suggestions. I guess that makes the cut official for the next four weeks. I'll reevaluate after this training program has finished. (In all honesty, I'm still not entirely sure if it's worth it to cut but the only way to find out is to do it and see how it works for me. I changed my mind twice within an hour this morning. Swearing was involved.)

My plan is to cut until I either reach my goal weight, which at the moment means losing around 5kg, or for at most two months (whichever comes first). I'll have to take a week off because I have to travel in two weeks from now but I'll still be mindful about what I eat. Only thing is I didn't know I'd go on a cut when I booked the trip so now I'm booked for a beer tour. Doh!

I guess what I'm trying to say is:

13892335_10154447041238982_8682958465102

Needless to say, my next challenge is going to be themed around cutting. 

• Like 3

Sooo, I started the cut yesterday and I took starting photos and measurements today. To be honest I'm not sure how helpful the measurements are going to be. I've recomped in the last two years (according to the photographs), having the same weight, and the only difference is in my waist measurement.

General NF philosophy is starting pictures and measurements are very helpful.  You see yourself in the mirror every day.  If you are changing, then people are going to tell you that you have changed a lot, especially if they have not seen you in a while.  Old pictures will tell you.  Measurements will tell you.

Hmm.  I think my last noodie pictures date back to my vacation in mid-July.

He increased the frequency of the lifts so now I'm doing squat, bench, and deadlift every time. (I'll probably swear and sweat but I'll enjoy it.)

I cursed the name of the voice in my head telling me to do 10x10, but I cannot say I enjoyed it. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam Ashen said:

General NF philosophy is starting pictures and measurements are very helpful.  You see yourself in the mirror every day.  If you are changing, then people are going to tell you that you have changed a lot, especially if they have not seen you in a while.  Old pictures will tell you.  Measurements will tell you.

The pictures tell me that I either changed or I learned to pose better or both.

1 minute ago, Sam Ashen said:

I cursed the name of the voice in my head telling me to do 10x10, but I cannot say I enjoyed it. :P

Nah, the only real volume is on the bench. What I'll enjoy (and what might kill me) is doing squat, bench, and deadlift (or some variation of them) three times a week.

More supplies to arrive soon...

I've ordered a wok again, the first one was returned because it had arrived at a station outside of the city and I did not have enough time to pick it up.

I also ordered protein bars. I figured they were probably the most convenient way to both snack and get protein between meals so now I have three boxes arriving. Also decided to not go for the usual cheap myprotein ones but get quest bars for less sugar and extra fiber. 

I used this order to also buy sleeves and deck boxes for my magic cards.

• Like 4

There's one thing I did not take into account when it comes to the cut (still going through with it though)... the social aspect.

First, I really ought to find out if I can take food at the university restaurant. (Otherwise, I can just wait for the colleague who usually also brings lunch so that I have company.)

Second, I'm supposed to meet with people for a magic draft today. There was already mention of pizza to which I said I wouldn't join (because I'm not a big fan of it, anyway. Kebabs FTW). We're leaving directly from work and we're supposed to buy snacks and beer (not a big fan of beer either but I've started to stress about being seeing as weird if everybody else eats gummy bears and drinks beer and I eat a protein bar and drink water/diet coke instead).

• Like 1

In a group of adults playing MtG, weird has lost all meaning.  I've met a lot of MtG players, and everyone is weird in their own way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grymm said:

In a group of adults playing MtG, weird has lost all meaning.  I've met a lot of MtG players, and everyone is weird in their own way.

I agree with Grymm. I hang with a lot of MtG and D&D folks and you can eat whatever TF you want. What about nuts and cheese though instead of like a protein bar? Something more snacky? Are you doing low-carb? There is always air popped popcorn if you just want something low cal. But either way protein bar and water is legit. A bunch of my geek friends are gluten free and some have crazy food allergies, so we eat all kinds of weird shit. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Not weird.  Interesting.  

True!

6 hours ago, Grymm said:

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I agree with Grymm. I hang with a lot of MtG and D&D folks and you can eat whatever TF you want. What about nuts and cheese though instead of like a protein bar? Something more snacky? Are you doing low-carb? There is always air popped popcorn if you just want something low cal. But either way protein bar and water is legit. A bunch of my geek friends are gluten free and some have crazy food allergies, so we eat all kinds of weird shit. 

Very accurate! BTW I did see DBs and protein powder at the flat of the organiser.

Turns out I had a protein bar before going in, gave in and had a small beer (which interestingly didn't cause my nose to start running - it's what usually happens and one of the reasons I don't drink beer), had some bake rolls there to keep me from getting hungry, and then came back and just had a protein shake. There might be a bit of bloating tomorrow but I'll be fine.

• Like 2

OK, so I tried to take my lunch to the restaurant and eat with everybody else. I just got some carbonated water and there did not seem to be any problems. I was a bit stressed of eating my home-cooked meal around everybody else though. I had to go through the questions of whether I'm cooking because I don't like the food at the restaurant or because it's cheaper or because I like cooking by the ones to notice first. Then everybody was like "Oh, you brought your own food" and started asking questions too.

On my way to lunch, I realised that three years ago, when I started to cook, at least half of my colleagues brought their own food so I was not the only one eating home-cooked meals. At that point, I was also overweight and to be honest did not like the food of the work restaurant, so I was self-conscious about not cooking, especially when others did. Then I remembered that for the next two years I usually had lunch by myself because I was not in very social groups and only rarely I had lunch with other people. Maybe I need to get used to it again. Huh, I never saw that coming.