• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AugustaAdaByron

Ada's no thoughts challenge

20 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Kinda, I'm now doing all three lifts (squat, bench, and deadlift) every time. At low intensities though :) 

Nice one...makes me think about it now, because I love bench and deadlift. My strongliftish workout makes me sad and glad every time, because I need to skip my favourite exercise for my favourit excercise :D

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Grymm said:

I envy your shoulder mobility/geometry on squats.  My hands will never get anywhere near as close to my shoulders as that.

Every once in a while my right shoulder complains about it. 

9 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I love the random things the software thinks is a face. Like your elbow during bench. 

I always wait impatiently to see what will get blurred. I'm very curious to find out how these algorithms work. 

• Like 1

My wok finally arrived today.

The first one I had ordered a while ago was sent back to amazon by the courier because it had gotten delivered somewhere so far that I'd have to take a day off from work to pick it up. Then it's price had gone up, no clue why. So I ordered it again together with quest bars and sleeves/boxes for the magic cards. I'm planning to use the wok on Saturday.

I went to work with the bike today (finally!). So here are photographs from the park I have to cycle through. They are not at the same place. 

1swiVnK.jpg

RRXLKrm.jpg

I still don't know the park very well though so I got half-lost. I ended up somewhere else when I exited the park but I still knew how to get back home, once I identified my location on google maps. At least, with the bike, I'll get to know the city better. :D 

Finally, the cut is going well (in a sense). Other than on Tuesday where I ate at maintenance, I've been eating below maintenance all other days. My weight hasn't dropped since Monday but I went down 1kg from Saturday to Sunday (which was a very recent bloat so I don't count it at all) and then 1kg more from Sunday to Monday, so I'm not looking forward to any more rapid weight loss soon. Although it would be nice if I'm down ~1kg by the end of the next week.

• Like 4

What better place to get half lost? It's gorgeous and green!!

You lost a kilo but guess, what I found it hanging out on my scale! :highly_amused: I'm thinking it enjoyed the large box of salty popcorn and chicken and chips from last night. Couldn't do Suicide Squad without popcorn! Even though Jared Leto kinda just annoyed me as the Joker.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

What better place to get half lost? It's gorgeous and green!!

You lost a kilo but guess, what I found it hanging out on my scale! :highly_amused: I'm thinking it enjoyed the large box of salty popcorn and chicken and chips from last night. Couldn't do Suicide Squad without popcorn! Even though Jared Leto kinda just annoyed me as the Joker.

Water weight is a traveller who will not stay long. It'll leave you and move in with someone else very soon.

• Like 3

On 8/10/2016 at 5:02 PM, AugustaAdaByron said:

New video, sorry about the angles

Hide contents

all looks great.  I'd suggest you work on getting your wrists straighter on the squat.  The tendency as the weight gets heavier is to try to press it up.  which doesn't work but will lead to elbow pain...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wildross said:

all looks great.  I'd suggest you work on getting your wrists straighter on the squat.  The tendency as the weight gets heavier is to try to press it up.  which doesn't work but will lead to elbow pain...

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on the wrists :) 

On 20 Jul 2016 at 10:08 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

The title says it all. I'm not putting much thought into this challenge (that's also because I have to time :P). The goal is to stop overthinking about lifting and about feeling fat (I'm concentrating on the worst again).

I did not do that, I started to cut but I don't regret it. I feel better having control over what I eat and the best way to force me to do that (cook lunches and take them with me at work) was by going on a cut. 

Goal 1: Keep cooking even if it's just for dinner.

Did that and I was also cooking lunches the last week.

Goal 2: Keep uploading videos.

Did that too.

Goal 3: Do something every weekend.

Mostly did that.

I've temporarily dropped the goal to learn German partly because I still haven't found a way to turn the CD into mp3s and partly because I've been very busy at work.

Still don't have the mp3s.

Here I should also say, sorry for disappearing and sorry in advance that I'll probably not be able to keep up with other challenges! :( 

Sorry for not keeping up very well. I hope I'll do better in the next challenge.

• Like 4

I think you had a fabulous challenge and that you kept involved very well! Being involved in the warriors doesn't necessarily mean stopping into every challenge. We felt your presence in the force. 

bc7c1773d1664b279c9975a90e6432e5621b447f

I'm looking forward to what you have in store for us next month. :D

• Like 4