• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AugustaAdaByron

Ada's no thoughts challenge

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

Usually for biking, a set of travel allen keys and a phillips head screwdriver is a good idea.  Then, if you go a something like 10km from home, a set up for changing a tube - spare tube, frame pump, a couple levers to get the tire on/off.  I don't carry a setup because the farthest I'd ever be from my truck, home, or work would be maybe 2 miles and my bike weighs maybe 15# tops.  I could lock the bike up and come back with my truck to get it or walk the bike home.  I haven't had any issues with the bike seat sliding and I'm sure I put more load on it than you do (almost 2x).  

For work or the gym I shouldn't need to go more than 6km away from home and even if I had to change a tube I'm not sure I could get the tire on/off. I'd probably take it to the store. (Don't laugh, it seems more complex to me than changing a car tire).

But some allen keys, a screwdriver (I'll see if I can find one that switches between philips and flat) and a small adjustable spanner would be ideal. It still slides down but slower.

The FitBit says that I burned 2967kcal yesterday. So close...

Although I won't be lifting and then biking for two hours everyday like yesterday, I like where this is going...

It will make the potential cut more tolerable and improve my conditioning in the long run. :) 

• Like 4

On 20 Jul 2016 at 10:08 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

The title says it all. I'm not putting much thought into this challenge (that's also because I have to time :P). The goal is to stop overthinking about lifting and about feeling fat (I'm concentrating on the worst again).

Hah! It looks like I failed the challenge from the second week. Basically, from the first page... Meh...

Goal 1: Keep cooking even if it's just for dinner.

Doing that!

I made iberian pork fillet with some vegetables on Saturday and had it for dinner on Saturday and Sunday. I also tracked everything during the weekend. Although Saturday's lunch was Subway so I'm not sure how accurate it is.

MMCrsCp.jpg

Goal 2: Keep uploading videos.

Doing that and complaining about it.

Goal 3: Do something every weekend.

Played MtG again, this time with my cards. I now have two decks (which need to be optimised but they are good enough to start with).

Also, I came to work with the bike today! :D 

I'll take pictures of the park next time.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Hah! It looks like I failed the challenge from the second week. Basically, from the first page... Meh...

Hmm, maybe pick something to focus on instead of NOT to focus on?

elephant.jpg

51 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Also, I came to work with the bike today! :D 

I'll take pictures of the park next time.

Yes photos please :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alanna said:

Hmm, maybe pick something to focus on instead of NOT to focus on?

I don't know if you've ever watched Dharma and Greg but this just reminded me of the following dialogue :D :

Dharma: Here's what you're going to do. You're not going to watch TV,

you're not going to go to work, you're not going to talk on the phone.

You're going to sit right here and relax, and just be in the moment.
Greg: And do nothing?
Dharma: Yeah, you're right, it's probably too advanced for you.
Greg: Hey, wait a minute. I can do nothing.
Dharma: It's a lot harder than it looks.
Greg: Oh, please. I'll bet you I can do absolutely nothing all day.
Dharma: I'll bet you you can't do it without making a bet.
Greg: You're on.
Dharma: I just won.

You're right though, I should find something to focus on!

• Like 3

Took the train to work today instead of biking because

a. I feel like I'm about to get a flu since yesterday evening: congested nose, kinda scratchy throat, and "heavy" eyes.

b1. The seatpost keeps sliding down and it makes it uncomfortable for my legs (it goes from not feeling anything at all to feeling it all on my quads).

b2. I'm going to the gym today and I'm terrified of this week even though I shouldn't. The flu-like feeling doesn't help.

c. The temperatures have dropped significantly. 

Flu-like symptoms continue and the temperatures are still down. I got lazy and didn't come to work with the bike. I'll either take it on Friday or Saturday though. It'll also be a good chance to take it to the store to have them check why the seatpost slides down.

On a different note, I slightly regret not trying 55kg on the bench yesterday. I'd have failed them but I wouldn't have to wonder about it now.

I also have the sick, but mine is sore throat and feeling the ickies. How do you decide if you are going to workout or not? I think i'm going to go today anyway but only do the main lifts. I can always do accessories tomorrow if I feel better. 

I hope you feel better soon! Also, you can try 55kg on bench next time, do it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I also have the sick, but mine is sore throat and feeling the ickies. How do you decide if you are going to workout or not? I think i'm going to go today anyway but only do the main lifts. I can always do accessories tomorrow if I feel better. 

I don't work out if I have a fever. Once it took me forever to finish a session that should take less than 1h30m. I'd also drink a lot more water than usual during the work out. 

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I hope you feel better soon! Also, you can try 55kg on bench next time, do it!

Thanks! :D Nah, I will not try again unless I'm in a program that has me going very close to my 1RM.

26 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Ada, you say "ugly" I say "gritty, determined, and with a lovely arch". 

Emerald_Dragonfly, you say "gritty, determined, and with a lovely arch" and I... go to the dictionary to see what gritty means. :P 

Thanks! :D 

• Like 3

I asked the coach about running a deficit. It looks like the next programme will be similar to this one and there are only a few adjustments that he might consider doing.

I'm undecided as to whether it's a good idea to start now. I'll be at home for the next two weeks and then I'll be away for work the third week without gym access. I'm thinking of using these two weeks to get into the habit of cooking all my meals again and try to confirm that my FitBit is as accurate as I think it is. Then as soon as I come back from the trip I'd start on the deficit. On the other hand I worry that this is yet another excuse, with the extra thought that if I already have it as a plan in my mind and have gotten in the habit of cooking I might start it immediately because that's what I'll expect to do (if that makes any sense). Any ideas/opinions?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I asked the coach about running a deficit. It looks like the next programme will be similar to this one and there are only a few adjustments that he might consider doing.

I'm undecided as to whether it's a good idea to start now. I'll be at home for the next two weeks and then I'll be away for work the third week without gym access. I'm thinking of using these two weeks to get into the habit of cooking all my meals again and try to confirm that my FitBit is as accurate as I think it is. Then as soon as I come back from the trip I'd start on the deficit. On the other hand I worry that this is yet another excuse, with the extra thought that if I already have it as a plan in my mind and have gotten in the habit of cooking I might start it immediately because that's what I'll expect to do (if that makes any sense). Any ideas/opinions?

I think your plan is a good plan, especially when you lay it out well.  The best thing is you get two weeks of cooking all your own meals and this is much better than letting the trip get in the way of everything and deciding you will figure it out when you get back.

• Like 1

I didn't take the bike to work today either but I'll start on Monday. (I'm not postponing, I've been living off painkillers the past 4 days and it's rainy.)

Also, I decided to look for flights for holidays because I'll need a break soonish and it looks like I'll go on holidays from the 6th until the 22nd of October, 6th - 10th NF meet up in Edinburgh and then 11th to 22nd Greece. I need to confirm with my supervisor but it should be fine. :) 

• Like 1