Shutterpillar (Ashley)'s Fitness Log

It was suggested in chat today that I should create an exercise log. So, here we are.

I have been doing the beginner bodyweight routine for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I can definitely see and feel improvements in my body in just that small time frame. I begun by struggling through the circuits in the first week. Here is my progress as of today:

Bodyweight squats: 20/20/20 (the last two circuits being prisoner squats)

Pushups (on knees): 10/8/6 (I have virtually no arm strength. LOL. all of my strength has always been in my legs).

Lunges: 20/20/16

Dumbell rows: 15/12/10 (using a gallon milk carton)

Planks: 25/25/20 (HUGE thank you to the folks in chat who encouraged me to push myself for 5 more seconds today!)

Jumping Jacks: 30/30/30

So that's what i've done today. And of course 10 minutes of elliptical beforehand to get me warmed up, then stretching to cool down. PLEASE chime in about my progress and let me know if there is anything I should be doing, or am doing wrong, doing right.... whatever. Constructive criticism please, as I am new to this!

I'm going to put some pictures in a blog post in a couple weeks before we head off for our Disney vacation. I'm excited about that, but i'm sure it'll do some damage! LOL.

"resistance is futile."

Everything about the same as it was on Monday. I wore myself out yesterday with a lot of lifting and moving things around (we got a new bed) and my muscles were sore, so I decided to take it easy.

I've also got some goals for myself which I will go into more detail about when i've got a minute. :)

Prisoner bodyweight squats: 25/20/20

Pushups (on knees): 12/10/8

Lunges: 25/20/20

Dumbbell rows: 16/14/12

Planks: 30/30/25

Jumping jacks: 35/35/30

"resistance is futile."

Today was the same as the past few days... but so as not to completely bore you, I did write a blog post today about my date with the scale.

I WILL be changing my routine and upping my reps on Monday. I just haven't decided which ones and how much yet.

Prisoner bodyweight squats: 25/20/20

Pushups (on knees): 12/10/8

Lunges: 25/20/20

Dumbbell rows: 16/14/12

Planks: 30/30/25

Jumping jacks: 35/35/30

"resistance is futile."

Hi Kat! Thanks :) I'm just feeling my way through right now and hoping I am doing it right!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to give regular pushups a try today. That was an interesting experience. :P Needless to say, I could not complete one. LOL. I got about halfway up and got stuck. *makes a mental note to add "do a regular pushup" to my list of goals.*

Prisoner bodyweight squats: 24/22/20

Pushups (on knees): 12/10/10

Lunges: 24/22/20

Dumbbell rows: 18/16/14

Planks: 35/30/25

Jumping jacks: 40/35/30

"resistance is futile."

Same as Monday. I have found that doing the same routine 3x per week and then switching it up with more reps/different modification every Monday works well for me. Now, the question is whether or not to keep logging 3x/week as I do my exercise (it does keep me accountable) or just log once a week since I am doing the same routine all week long.

Prisoner bodyweight squats: 24/22/20

Pushups (on knees): 12/10/10

Lunges: 24/22/20

Dumbbell rows: 18/16/14

Planks: 35/30/25

Jumping jacks: 40/35/30

"resistance is futile."

Just checking in. Did the same thing i've been doing all week... feel good about advancing on Monday, I just don't know which things and how much to advance. I'll probably end up increasing the planks and pushups and leave the rest alone because I am still struggling with getting through them. If I can, I may lower the reps on the rows and increase the weight... of course that all depends on whether or not we can get some heavier dumbbells this weekend.

"resistance is futile."

Lol at today, great justification and a good break from routine. Rained during my workout (easy to stay inside and workout).

Your progress looks pretty good, and you're being consistent. A good way to up your plank (or at least helped me push past 1minute) is to set a stopwatch going up in time and just hold it as long as you can. Have the stopwatch upside down or out of sight so you can't see how long you've gone, just try to hold is as long as you can. You might be surprised at how long you can hold it (I held it for over a minute and a half first time I did this.)

Working the rows with more weight will be nice, if you can't get weights, grab a book bag and fill it with books or heavy things and give it a go.

Great job so far, keep it up!

And for the record, I did 2 miles (I know, I know.. short run) in about 20 minutes today.

Not too bad, I'm not sure I could run 2 consecutive miles right now. Ahh, the days when I could run 5 miles in just under 45 minutes. Playing two way midfield lacrosse forces you to get in shape.

Anyway, good luck with (I'm guessing Wednesday) your next workout. I think I read Steve mention the book bag full of heavy stuff for increased weight (I steal advice and re-give the good stuff to others).

Back from Disney....

and I gained 4 lbs! :o

I have the feeling its mostly water weight... who gains 5 actual lbs of fat in less than a week? So I have been drinking gallons of water since we got back home last Friday and lost over half of the weight I gained. Now, to get back to business! I have a feeling I may have to hold back a little this week until I get back into the swing of things. Then its back into beast mode. :)

"resistance is futile."