• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Slates

Where my Marathoners at?!

Recommended Posts

On 4/30/2017 at 7:13 PM, Dilnad said:

I can now (as of yesterday) officially call myself a marathoner!!

It was ridiculously hard. Definitely needed some walks, nearly dehydrated and genuinely wishing for death the last 6 miles (cackle) but damn was it worth it!!

 

BWcrlLg.jpg

 

Congratulations! Outstanding work!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running my marathon today and it just dawned on me to post how to track me this morning.

 

Download the Race Joy app and search for the Shipyard Maine Coast Marathon.

I'm bib 2155 Michael Leonard.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

I'm running my marathon today and it just dawned on me to post how to track me this morning.

 

Download the Race Joy app and search for the Shipyard Maine Coast Marathon.

I'm bib 2155 Michael Leonard.

 

Happy running to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2017 at 2:13 AM, Dilnad said:

I can now (as of yesterday) officially call myself a marathoner!!

It was ridiculously hard. Definitely needed some walks, nearly dehydrated and genuinely wishing for death the last 6 miles (cackle) but damn was it worth it!!

 

BWcrlLg.jpg

Congratulations!  And no shame in having to walk part of it.  I have only done 1 back in the 90s (never again!) and I ran into a massive frickin wall at mile 18.  Walked for a few miles but was able to pick it up for the finish.  Couldn't walk for a week afterwards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

I'm running my marathon today and it just dawned on me to post how to track me this morning.

 

Download the Race Joy app and search for the Shipyard Maine Coast Marathon.

I'm bib 2155 Michael Leonard.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us know how it goes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I finished. It was raining and in the 40s and gusting wind, but I finished.

 

4:43:55.8

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

 

 

I finished. It was raining and in the 40s and gusting wind, but I finished.

 

 

4:43:55.8

 

 

You beat my time by a good 30 minutes :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

 

 

I finished. It was raining and in the 40s and gusting wind, but I finished.

 

 

4:43:55.8

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Way to go Mike!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

 

I finished. It was raining and in the 40s and gusting wind, but I finished.

 

4:43:55.8

 

 

Really pleased to hear it! Many congratulations! Sounds like you endured it rather than enjoyed it - I've always been fairly fortunate with the weather for my marathons... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2017 at 8:10 AM, Rostov said:

 

Really pleased to hear it! Many congratulations! Sounds like you endured it rather than enjoyed it - I've always been fairly fortunate with the weather for my marathons... 

 

It's not all bad.  It turned out that we technically ran in a Nor'easter.  So now I can add it to my list of Mike v. nature list:

Camping in a flash flood.

Grilling in a blizzard.

Grilling in a hurricane.

Ran a marathon in a Nor'easter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now