Red_Queen's New Reign

Well, I'm back. I have actually been doing fairly well for the last few months, but I'm really missing the community piece to my journey. So here is a quick update: Since I last posted I'm sure I've gained weight. My new heaviest weight  is 170-ish fluctuating around 170, but always above. I think I saw 172 or 173 at one point. I actually joined my old gym back in February and since then I've lost 10 pounds. I'm hovering around 160 now and dropping. I'm still struggling with eating the right things consistently and working out more consistently (I have gone at least 2 a week for the last 4 months). I'm happy with the 10 pounds lost, and I know I can lose more.

Other things that have gone well for me: I'm out of retail and I have a corporate job now (woot!). This gives me so much more flexibility to workout and geek out when I want. I've started new craft hobbies and gotten into more and more board games. I am a lot happier and just overall in a really good place.

So today - this is a daily battle log after all!

- I started my day with a glass of water and a multi-vitamin. This is a new thing and a way to get me to 1. drink more water and 2. take a vitamin.

- I made a protein shake (water, PB2,and Isopure Chocolate)

- My plan for lunch is to see what is available in the local/organic section of the cafe. I usually grab salmon, but I may have some chicken instead. they also have the most amazing cabbage.

- After work I have a mid-term which I feel prepared for and following that I'll go home and make dinner: grass-fed beef with brown rice and sautéed mushrooms and bell pepper.

I'll check in tomorrow and confirm the plan - oh and today is a rest day. I have my workout scheduled for tomorrow.

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

Thanks Alicia.

I'll find out (hopefully) this week how I did on my midterm. As for the last couple of days I've been good about eating mostly the right things. I'm human and a human that loves candy and sweets. Occasionally I'll find myself going overboard. Luckily this weekend I caught myself and stopped. I made a healthy dinner last night.

Today I am working on packing and moving things at work. It will be nice to have a clean organized space. I am working out later tonight  which I am looking forward to. My 90 day goal is to deadlift my body weight. I'm currently at 260 and lifting 185. for the next 30 days my goals is to be able to live more than 200 pounds. My hope is by raising my lift amount I'll also lose weight so I won't have too far to go for my last 45 days.

One thing I'm conflicted on is actually staying with the gym I'm at. I love it for many reasons: The atmosphere is welcoming, everyone is inspiring and encouraging, I really believe that the results I'm getting (no matter how small or slow) are a permanent result and not the result of a quick fix diet. I want to stop going because the cost is high. I'm not able to save money and I end up spending more on gas because it's about 45 minutes away from my job and about 30 minutes from my home. I actually have a free gym membership from my work at a local gym that's 5 minutes away from my job. it's a crazy gym that literally has anything you can think of - they were even going to build an indoor water park. I kind of want to go back there or switch to LA fitness. I'm just not sure. If anyone has some advice feel free to share.

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I need to set a reminder to post everyday :)

Here is Monday's workout:

1. Single Leg Thrust w/ 3 sec Pause 3 x 8/Side

2a. Trap Bar DL 4 x 3x3 @ 185lbs first set, dropped to 165lbs for the rest

2b. Push Ups  ( BB) 4 x AMRAP

3a. KB Reverse Luges 3 x 10/side

3b. Elev. renegade row 3 x 10/side

3c. Band Pull-a-parts 3 x 10

4a. Sled 4 x d/b

4b. Farmers walk 4 x d/b (2x45lb KBs).

I talked to the owner of the gym about ending my membership, I'm currently interning there so he said we can work something out. Looks like I won't have to quit afterall.

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

Hey red_queen. Happy to read your most recent updates. I don't get on my computer much so I do see a lot on the Tapatalk app. Lol.. STILL trying to figure it out.

To Mon - I looove candy and chocolate too! a small amount once in a while i must remind myself, right?

HEY Free is always better. Its closer, easier and more affordable! Those sound like GREAT reasons to me to change. Atmosphere is how you view things right? You can set the vibe for any gym you go to. Try out the closer gym for a few sessions and see how you adapt?

All your results come from within, maybe the time you had there was its limit to inspiration and these new needs arising are what you need to now be inspired?

Change happens to often, sometimes its hard to keep track I find.

90 day goal @ 260lbs lifting 185lbs !! WOAH You rock women! Im pretty much a newbie on lifting.. so I wish you luck and look forward to hearing about you progress.

To Wed - Sounds like a excellent workout! I'm trying to get to the gym at least 1x a week right now just starting out.

What did you and the gym manager figure out?

I'd still just try out the new gym still and see how you fit if it is cheaper. I love to save money. :)