Valkyrja goes with the flow

valkyrja

5 hours ago, Zappa said:

Feeling ready?

Not even a little bit! 

I've been having a hard time recently with digestion and anxiety and haven't gone running in like 2 weeks. I'm still gonna do it though. Even if I have to walk the whole way I'm still gonna cross that finish line. I don't really want to do it to be honest, I just want it to be over. I already signed up, I don't want to be a quitter, I'll be proud of myself once I'm done and yada yada yada. And then I don't have to do it again. 

I signed up for pole again though which makes me super excited! Just have to make a game plan on dealing with flexibility and back pain, but I'm sure if I commit to it I'll be fine. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, valkyrja said:

Not even a little bit! 

I've been having a hard time recently with digestion and anxiety and haven't gone running in like 2 weeks. I'm still gonna do it though. Even if I have to walk the whole way I'm still gonna cross that finish line. I don't really want to do it to be honest, I just want it to be over. I already signed up, I don't want to be a quitter, I'll be proud of myself once I'm done and yada yada yada. And then I don't have to do it again. 

I signed up for pole again though which makes me super excited! Just have to make a game plan on dealing with flexibility and back pain, but I'm sure if I commit to it I'll be fine. 

You'll feel a good deal of accomplishment when you've done it I'm sure!

I've got the opposite problem, 1) I'm annoyed that I'm going to have to start tapering before my race soon 2) I'm almost definitely going to sign up for a full marathon after I've done this half O.o

• Like 1

3 days ago I completed a half marathon. My final time came to 2 hours and 24 minutes which was just 6 minutes better than what I'd done on a treadmill at a gym some 4 months before but I'm still super proud of myself. I'd been sick for the last 3 weeks leading up to the run and didn't stretch or prepare myself well enough which I think is why my legs became so unusually stiff. But that's just me criticizing my own work, I know I can do better and I definitely made some rookie mistakes BUT SCREW THAT SHIT I RAN A FUCKING HALF MARATHON!!! 

I am just over the moon. I actually did it. I actually ran 21,1 km in a group of strangers with all my anxiety and emotional baggage and I did it. There is nothing I can not do now. 

I know I said that when this run was done I was never gonna run again but I think that's just my anxiety talking me down. It's trying to keep me safe from stress and being nervous at competitions but not doing things because I might get nervous is stupid and I don't want to do that anymore. Plus now that I know I can complete the race and know the way I can do it again on a better time, with more training and proper preparations. Ain't nothing gonna stop me now. 

PGSzdbW.gif

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, valkyrja said:

I am just over the moon. I actually did it. I actually ran 21,1 km in a group of strangers with all my anxiety and emotional baggage and I did it. There is nothing I can not do now. 

PGSzdbW.gif

AWESOME!!!!

Greta job! :D:D:D:D:D <3 Confetti!!!

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals