Silent J Enters Stage Left

Silent J

I joined Nerd Fitness last month but got distracted and haven't posted anything.

I'm quite skinny and tall. I joined Nerd Fitness because I volunteer at my church's youth group and found that I was barely able to play the games with the youth without running out of breath. I want to become fit so that I can have energy like them and become a force to be reckoned with during game time :) I'm also getting married next year and hope to be strong and fit for the married life.

Here are my quests for my first challenge. I'm keeping them simple to begin building those habits.

- Substitute 3 unhealthy snacks at work for healthy snacks (There are always cake and cookies around at my work and my hand can't help but grab them... Curse those chocolate chip cookies!)

- Meditate 5 min/day (I spent way too much time doing nothing all day without giving thought to anything)

- Drink 1.5L/day (I don't drink much throughout my day and probably am quite dehydrated)

- Workout 3 times/week (I've been starting to workout with my fiancee which makes this a lot easier to do)

• Like 2

"Following your dream is like learning a foreign language; you will make mistakes but you will get there in the end" - Paul Coelho (The Alchemist)

My Current Challenge

Growing as a Christian while becoming a skilled Assassin/Ranger

Nice! Simple, attainable goals and a great motivation make for a perfect challenge. ^^ You got this!

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

Sooooo.... updates? How goes the challenge?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

Welcome. I joined in June so also fairly new :)

You've got some great, manageable-looking tasks for this challenge. Good luck; and check in to tell us how you're doing. I find once a week is enough for me, others prefer daily updates. 

Nina-Rose
Druid | Assassin | Monk

...if Ezio Auditore did metta...

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/102562

2022 Challenges: 14, 15
Old 4-week challenges: 1-2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Haven't updated in a while.... mhmm I should try to do so more often.

Anywho! It's been going great! I'm working out with my fiancee three or four times a week at the gym! I'm slowly moving up in weights which is great! Also, turns out that we are very similar in strength. We often end up using the same weights for workouts! Then when one of us decides to try a higher weight, the other wants to keep up and goes for the challenge.

There have been no snacks at my job for the past month. So good news is that I don't have to worry about the temptation to eat the junk food.

I find that the hardest thing to do is to stop doing what I am doing and take the five minutes to just sit still and think. There is just so much stuff I want to do that there doesn't seem to be any time (like all the books I want to read! And there just doesn't seem to be an end to wedding planning)

Although drinking 1.5L a day was harder at first, I'm finding it easier now. I think I'll move up the amount for my next four week challenge.

• Like 1

"Following your dream is like learning a foreign language; you will make mistakes but you will get there in the end" - Paul Coelho (The Alchemist)

My Current Challenge

6 hours ago, Silent J said:

Anywho! It's been going great! I'm working out with my fiancee three or four times a week at the gym! I'm slowly moving up in weights which is great! Also, turns out that we are very similar in strength. We often end up using the same weights for workouts! Then when one of us decides to try a higher weight, the other wants to keep up and goes for the challenge.

Awesome that you two can do this - having a buddy to keep you accountable and inspired makes such a difference. Grats on the progress!

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

This four week challenge has gone quite well.

I passed my water and workout goals! It's been quite hot here the past week - 34 degrees Celsius, which makes it easy to drink lots of water. However, I don't feel very motivated in the heat to workout. I'm glad I got my fiancee working out with me though since we can encourage each other to workout when we don't want to.

This past week we had a children's summer camp happening at the church I work at. And boy is there lots of enticing candy everywhere! I definitely failed my goal to substitute unhealthy snacks for healthy ones. In fact, my diet has gone quite downhill these past two weeks. I've eaten so much junk food... I guess that on the bright side I have a super high metabolism that no matter how much junk food I eat I don't gain weight. I will definitely be trying that challenge again next time. Also, on a positive note, I have been eating healthy salads for lunch this past week!

The meditating 5 min/day went well at first but within a couple days I completely forgot about it. Next challenge I will try to instill some reminders to help me remember. I like waking up early and not being rushed in the morning so I'll see if I can add it to my morning routine.

• Like 1

My Current Challenge

Congrats on hitting your goals! 34 is just a ridiculous temperature, I'm quite ready for cooler weather. Glad you and your fiancee got each other motivated though!

Looks like you're still making progress on the lunch front. :) Focus on the positives, you'll get there! I'm sure it'll be easier without the kids summer camp around, though. Out of sight out of mind is much easier than "it's... right... there!!" 

As far as the meditation, do you use an app for it, or self-paced? It might help to check out other assassins' challenges - I know I've seen apps like Bhuddify and task minder (I think?) to set reminders. There are also a number of threads in the next challenge forum that deal with getting more meditation and prayer in. See you there?

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

3 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Congrats on hitting your goals! 34 is just a ridiculous temperature, I'm quite ready for cooler weather. Glad you and your fiancee got each other motivated though!

Looks like you're still making progress on the lunch front. :) Focus on the positives, you'll get there! I'm sure it'll be easier without the kids summer camp around, though. Out of sight out of mind is much easier than "it's... right... there!!" 

As far as the meditation, do you use an app for it, or self-paced? It might help to check out other assassins' challenges - I know I've seen apps like Bhuddify and task minder (I think?) to set reminders. There are also a number of threads in the next challenge forum that deal with getting more meditation and prayer in. See you there?

Thanks! And ya I'm sure that not being around the candy will help a lot haha.

Ahh okay that is helpful. I will check those threads out and see about those apps. That could help me out a lot

• Like 1

My Current Challenge