How much does this small barbell weigh?

x2OVIuI.png

This is a photo of a small barbell I took at my school's (teeny and basic) gym today, but it doesn't have its weight marked on it so I was wondering if anyone could maybe guess how much it weighs from the photo or tell me what kind of barbell it is from looking at it and how much that kind of barbell weighs? If anyone can help that would be so helpful!

The link doesn't work. 

Does the gym have a scale in the bathroom? You wouldn't be the first nor the last to carry a barbell into a bathroom to weigh it. 

My gym had a short olympic bar and it had the company name and item# on the end cap and I was able to google to find the weight. That might be an option. 

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

57 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

The link doesn't work. 

Does the gym have a scale in the bathroom? You wouldn't be the first nor the last to carry a barbell into a bathroom to weigh it. 

My gym had a short olympic bar and it had the company name and item# on the end cap and I was able to google to find the weight. That might be an option. 

fixed it :) and it doesn't have any markings on at all, annoyingly :/ no scale either, and this is a tiny gym in my school p.e. department so we're not allowed to take the weights out of the room

It *looks like* a olympic bar which is 20kg/~45lb depending on what your gym uses, metric or not. I'm not an expert though, I'll let other weigh in on the matter. 

I'm not sure why you describe it as a small bar? An olympic bar is 7 feet long. How long is it? 

6 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It *looks like* a olympic bar which is 20kg/~45lb depending on what your gym uses, metric or not. I'm not an expert though, I'll let other weigh in on the matter. 

I'm not sure why you describe it as a small bar? An olympic bar is 7 feet long. How long is it? 

it's probably 6ft long, definitely not a full 7ft olympic bar though because we have one of those and it's much bigger and heavier looking

sorry this was kind of a dumb post to make! :') 

16 hours ago, sophietheadventurer said:

it's probably 6ft long, definitely not a full 7ft olympic bar though because we have one of those and it's much bigger and heavier looking

sorry this was kind of a dumb post to make! :') 

Not a dumb post at all! It's helpful to know how much a bar weighs. :) Plus that is what the forum is for, to learn and get support and things like that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

P.S. Have you chosen a guild yet? You should join the warriors for your next challenge! They are all awesome and supportive. 

nah i haven't yet 'cause when i first joined i was doing a lot of running and now i've realised i actually don't really like running but really like lifting so maybe the warrior guild is for me like you say :'))

12 minutes ago, sophietheadventurer said:

i can imagine it being about 10kg by its weight tbh so you might be right there (and nah i can't do that)

Plus the main thing is to increase strength, correct? So as long as you use the same bar and slowly increase weight, goal accomplished. :) 

• Like 1