When life feels busy I like to make sure I have a list of small things I can do at home, in 10 minute spurts. Welcome to NF!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

my diet is pretty much ok, i dont eat enough though for sure.

i enjoy the gym do i get angry at myself for not going :(

i have schizophrenia and my psychiatrist says exercise helps alot with the depression side of things. and due to not going i am really hard on myself and feel real bad guilt :(

what are the best exercises to do? as in to build up fitness. thats the main thing, i would hope weight loss would work hand in hand with that?

first off, welcome to nf!

consistency is something i've struggled with in the past but i've been going to the gym 3 days a week since late december so i feel like i've improved a bit on that front. like was said above, set a few managable goals first - 30 minutes of exercise 3 days a week is a great one. no need to live at the gym. sometimes i find it helps to think of exercise like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. you would't go for days on end without doing either of those things...so why would you go for days without any exercise?

if your goal is to lose weight, you need to exercise and eat enough. alot of people just try and starve themselves to lose weight but that's so unhealthy! instead, focus on the KIND of foods that you are eating and think of food as fuel for your body and your mind.

as for what kinds of exercise to do, what do you enjoy? alot of campuses offer free fitness classes for students and you can try out new things. even going for a walk around campus counts! if you want to do some strength training (and you should!) then check out the beginning body weight workout on this site.

sorry to ramble but glad you're here!

Hello new here.

i always start, i am good for a month or two, then stop.

i am really busy with uni but i hate using that as an excuse.

want to lose weight and gain fitness.

advice would be helpful :(

My advice - and mind you, this is n00b advice because I'm just starting out, too - is to make small changes to your diet a bit at a time (cut out chips/crisps/fries, add a serving of vegetables to every meal, make an effort to cook at least 1 meal per day, increase your water intake, etc), and then add "sneakersize" to your daily routine (ie, take stairs, park farther away, walk instead of drive when you can, always suck in your belly as hard as you can, etc...). After that, find some form of activity that you LOVE to do and do that as often as possible.

I've done it a bit backwards, I started with the exercise and am just now starting to work on diet. But you do truly see more results if you start with small changes to your diet first - that builds up your confidence to take bigger steps in exercise later.

And get support here!!! Make it a goal to post here every day, even when all you're saying is "I'm not doing anything"... Part of breaking that start/stop cycle is to make the decision to not live in shame or embarrassment when we fall off the wagon (or, never get on). Admitting that you've lost a battle isn't bad, but resigning yourself to losing the war because of one small battle IS bad.

We're here with you :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hobbit adventurer

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

My Website | My Sep Challenge | My Fitness Pal

hey thank you, kind of glad i am here! been advised this is the kindest place and that you get good responses! all seem true so far.

i like the idea of it being like you shower/brush teeth.

i know i can go saturday and sunday. will try to fit one or two evenings in as well.

i like weights, mainly use machines and i have my own set of free weights. dumbells, not the long bar.

i would love to be fit enough to run alot!! so anything that will get me fitter. i like the bike as well. and swimming! :)

day fucking one and the bloody voices are telling me i will be much happier if i dont go :(

More than diet, more than the gym, more than anything, a good attitude will carry you through. Don't let the voices keep you down! Kick their ass! And I agree with Frog-- make small, manageable changes at a time, I think it'll really work out better in the long run than overwhelming yourself the first day.

You can do it, man!

EDIT: Also, haha, welcome! I'm quite new myself, and I already love it here, and I hope that you will too!