Today is a new beginning

Hi All,

I haven't been very active on the forums lately but, despite this, I have had a few awesome months exercise and nutrition wise. Dropped over a stone whilst being able to lift heavier and run further and faster than I have before.

Until 2 weeks ago that is. I somehow managed to sprain one of my little toes - not during exercise, but just stepping funny off a kerb. Reluctantly, I listened to my body and took a week off thinking surely, it is not going to take any longer than that. Well it turns out sprains take a longer time to heal than I thought. 2 weeks on, although I can now walk to my car and around the office and even manage a bit of a stroll my foot still doesn't like shoes very much. The one time I went a bit more mad and was on my feet for too long, I woke up with half my foot turning a deep shade of purple once again, even though it had gone down.

Anyway, the whole not being able to do anything has been getting to me mentally and over the past week I have let the nutrition side slip as well and let's just say for the past week I ate and drunk everything I would not normally to pretty gargantuan proportions. It's turned out to be a vicious cycle because I am not sitting here feeling pretty disappointed in myself - not only can I not exercise but I can't even seem to get back to eating normally.

Not 100% sure what I am trying to achieve with this post - I guess it's a way of setting an intention. As of today, right this moment, I will go back to eating whole foods to nourish my body and help speed up the healing process. And (this is the first time I have made this a goal!) I will not go back to my exercise routine. Not until I feel I am 100% ok - be it another week, or two or three. Instead I will try to incorporate gentle short walks or yoga, if possible, to make me feel like I am still doing something!

Wish me luck :)

• Like 2

Moonkin 

Race: Dryad Class: Druid 

Challenges:            

Battle Log: 

Character:  https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/44134

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour"

On 8/2/2016 at 1:21 PM, fitnessgurl said:

You can do this!

On 8/5/2016 at 3:02 PM, Evicious said:

Yoga is no joke! So long as you aren't doing anything that puts extra weight on your toe, you should be able to get in some excellent training. :)

Thank you both! I started off doing a bit of yoga, and then tested the ground with a couple of sprints once it no longer hurt upon walking or poking it - and I am glad to say both activities went well! So well in fact, this weekend I got back in my crossfit box and did a couple of workouts, body weight and some deadlifts and squats. Apart from muscle soreness, all is good and I feeling a million times better and more motivated. 

Once again, thanks for your encouragement!

• Like 2

Moonkin 

Race: Dryad Class: Druid 

Challenges:            

Battle Log: 

Character:  https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/44134

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour"