Random Thoughts of Randomness

1 hour ago, Muir said:

*raises hand* To the tune of ~3 kgs gained. *sigh* I'll lose it by summer.

Ouch! I haven't stepped on the scales yet. I weigh myself once a month so I get to do that on Jan 1st. What fun, huh?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Looks good CL, yea we have a small veggie garden that I'm looking to expand it this summer; and for Christmas I received and Aero-garden that supposedly you can use to grow tomatoes in, I'll have to document the process with the kids, should be fun

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Joining the gym this weekend, it's $99 for the year if I sign up by tomorrow; I love running outside but it's just to dangerous around my house, especially when I'm at work for pretty much all the daylight hours, there are no sidewalks anywhere and when it snows there are no shoulders on the roads. So yea not worth getting killed over. It should be fun when I step on the scale at the gym.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

I'm not sure veggies growing beside city streets would  be fit  to eat.  And fruit trees, while delightful, make a slippery mess underneath that attracts animals and bugs (or someone has to come and clean up the fallen fruit regularly).   Planting them would mean extra work for the maintenance guys, which is probably why Parks and Rec is too cheap to do it.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Gymgoers are whining about the annual cattle drive (aka "tourist season").  I'm just gonna be over here in my private gym with my interval timer, personalized playlist, and nobody getting in my way. 

Hey, it costs $1200/month, but it's open with key access 24/365, features a private bath and kitchen, there's no dress code, and I'm even encouraged to sleep here.  (Too bad I have to clean the loo and stock the fridge myself... ah well, can't have everything.  Unless you work at Google, which sadly I don't.)

• Like 7

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

The best shape I was in my adult life came from training for a Tri, so I'm going to train for a Tri but may do a Tough Mudder instead (they always fall on the same weekend)

Like an Otter I can sleep on my back in the water

• Like 1

Daily Mile

22 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Gymgoers are whining about the annual cattle drive (aka "tourist season").  I'm just gonna be over here in my private gym with my interval timer, personalized playlist, and nobody getting in my way. 

Hey, it costs $1200/month, but it's open with key access 24/365, features a private bath and kitchen, there's no dress code, and I'm even encouraged to sleep here.  (Too bad I have to clean the loo and stock the fridge myself... ah well, can't have everything.  Unless you work at Google, which sadly I don't.)

Bahahaha! Priceless! You actually had me for a moment. I was like $1,200 a month?!!! Oh, right.  Yeah, I'm an idiot. :D 

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

On 12/30/2016 at 2:07 PM, Muir said:

*raises hand* To the tune of ~3 kgs gained. *sigh* I'll lose it by summer.

..yup... something around 3 or 4 kgs as well... dang fine food and curses upon the trend for local artisan beers.. :). Ah well, not freaking out about it, so i remembered at least one lesson from '16. Nice. :)

• Like 1

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

yea I'm pretty sure Saranac helped me put on some of the extra weight too... it also doesn't help that a six pack of beer is $9.99 but a 12 pack is $14.99; it just makes economic sense to buy the 12 pack, breaks down to $1.66  vs $1.25 per beer. Right now I'm on day 10 of not drinking and Day 3 of not

Daily Mile

5 hours ago, Luds said:

..yup... something around 3 or 4 kgs as well... dang fine food and curses upon the trend for local artisan beers.. :). Ah well, not freaking out about it, so i remembered at least one lesson from '16. Nice. :)

I think my inability to drink any alcoholic beverages has spared me from putting on too much this year. I would have lost a bit before the Christmas binge started as I've been really careful but I've shot back up to the same as I was at the start of Dec. Ah well, it's better than I was expecting tbh. 

• Like 1

If my weight was a roller coaster it would be steady incline with a few waves on the way up; my goal is to now keep it on a plateau

So started watching Gotham on Netflix which half a season in I'm enjoying so far, but I don't know what is says that the character that I relate most to is going to be the future Riddler

• Like 3

Daily Mile

We are on the opposite end of the spectrum, it will be freezing cold here -13c for a few days in a row and then as soon as some type of weather blows in it will raise to right above freezing and rain only to drop below freezing again right after it's done so everything turns to ice. F that noise gives us snow, I really don't care if the whiney cry babies don't like it, we live in the freakin Northeast for God's sake and we have small community mountains that rely on the snow that are suffering because of the lack of it.

Yes they have snow guns but when only 4 trails out of 10 are open and it's more ice than snow, it's no fun and makes you not want to deal with negative wind chills so you end up not going.

Daily Mile

How exactly is one supposed to take a stool sample?  

I mean, they give you this tiny little bottle with a little spade-shaped prong stuck to the inside of the lid that you're supposed to somehow "collect" poop on, and then you have to try to get it safely back into the bottle without touching the sides and smearing poo everywhere!  Fucks sake!!! It's like something you'd find on the Crystal Maze!  Good thing there's no "3 minute" time limit!

But how do you even get your "stool sample" onto this little shovel-stick-thing in the first place?

Are you suppose to just go potty like normal and then try to fish some some poop out of the water with the tiny little stick/lid ensemble?  I can tell you now iI t's definitely not long enough to safely reach a poop sitting on the bottom of the bowl. It's clear that this method would involve getting your fingers soaked in eau de toilet, not something I particularly fancy.  Unless of course you keep a pair of Marigolds on standby in the bathroom, but screwing on that little cap with it's poop covered stick is going to be nigh on impossible when you've got practically no sense of touch through the marigold-yellow rubber. Hmm.... maybe not. 

Or or are you supposed to make some kind of toilet paper "glove" and try to catch your jobbie as it exits your bumhole?  How would you do that anyway? Can you even reach around there while you're sitting on the can? Is there space for your arm to go through the gap between your butt and the seat?  I'm a girl so bear in mind that I can't scoot my arse forward or I might end up whizzing on the seat. Which I'm sitting on. And this whole business is bad enough without throwing that into the mix. 

Maybe you're supposed to try and aim for the toilet wall and then scrape up some skid marks...?  Sorry, I really should clarify that I mean the sides of the bowl and NOT the walls of the bathroom. Your just wrong in the head if you went there.  **cough** Randmart **cough** :P 

I suppose there is another option.... you could always go for a "country shite."  Go for a walk, stretch your legs and find a nice, sheltered spot behind some bushes, drop your kegs and let nature do the rest, leaving you with a "nice" neat pile of poop ready to be scooped. Only problem is, I live in a housing scheme, can hardly walk and my wonky pelvis makes me pee squint.  So now if I try to pee squatting down.... I pee on my foot.  Bugger!  That one's a no go. 

I really think the medical profession need to revise their "poop on a stick" idea. :( 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

How exactly is one supposed to take a stool sample?

Do your business in a plastic container (one you don't mind throwing away after), collect the sample, empty the rest in the toilet.

Edit: Also, I was giggling like mad reading through your post. hehe

• Like 1

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

58 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Maybe you're supposed to try and aim for the toilet wall and then scrape up some skid marks...?  Sorry, I really should clarify that I mean the sides of the bowl and NOT the walls of the bathroom.

What are you, a cannon?

58 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Your just wrong in the head if you went there.  

I blame the sentence! :P

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker