Random Thoughts of Randomness

257565-Don-t-Grow-Up-It-s-A-Trap-.jpg

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I wish someone told me that before; actually they did and that's why I didn't work the summer between my Jr. and Sr. year in high school. let me preface this and say that in my area school runs from Labor Day (9/3) to the end of June (6/26)  

"Think about it Dude, we graduate at the end of June, most of us have jobs right before we go off to college which is the 2nd week of August and if you're working at X and doing the day shift while I'm working z and the night shift matching up our schedule in the 6 weeks that we actually have off while prepping for college isn't going to work out, so lets take our Junior year off go on adventures and kiss our last true summer goodbye"

that's what we did and I'm not sorry that I missed out on a couple of a hundred dollars and 2 months of work experience when in the grand scheme of things is peanuts....  hit 3 dates of the Warped Tour, visited the Md shore, swam in the locks/lakes more than I can remember, and did stupid shit on skate boards and bmx bikes before we realized how dumb it really was

• Like 3

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I like being a grownup.  Work and bills suck, but you get to go anyplace you wanna go, eat whatever/whenever you want, decorate your space the way you wish, keep the pets your mom wouldn't let you have, and set your own bedtime.  There's less time to screw around, but you have so many more options when you do.  I don't miss being a teenager at all.

• Like 4

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

>> but you get to go anywhere you wanna go

As long as it's on weekends or my day off, and I have enough money left over from rent and bills

>> eat whatever/whenever you want

as long as it isn't going to spike my blood sugar, or give me indigestion, or it's too close to bedtime and I won't be able to sleep

>> decorate your space the way you wish, keep the pets your mom wouldn't let you have

as long as the landlord is okay with it and I'll get my deposit back in the end

>> and set your own bedtime

as long as I can get up in time for work tomorrow.

Freedom-Gifs.gif

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

You CAN do any of those things, there'll just be consequences.  Sometimes the consequences are worthwhile and sometimes they are not.  I still say the occasional ice cream for dinner and blowing off work to go to the beach are excellent tradeoffs.  My parents never let me do shit like that as a kid, so maybe that's why I treasure the freedom now.

(As a lifelong renter I don't remember EVER getting my full deposit back at the end of a lease, and it'll just go to my next landlord anyway, so I consider that money gone as soon as I move in. Yay capitalism.  And if you get a pet that doesn't make noise, the landlord won't know unless you let it escape...)

Yea if someone tried to hold back my deposit, considering it would be for $1,000+ I would be pissed

When you finally figure out what's bothering you, but you don't know how to take the steps to fix it......I honestly woke up in the middle of the night with anxiety about how I didn't get a few things done, but in reality I was outside doing stuff from 10-7 with only taking a hour and a half off for lunch and a run. There is just to much shit to be done in one day without being able to enjoy life

So during one of my breaks we played a quick game of baseball, my daughter got a hold of a pitch and would have put it out of a little league park (200 + feet)

• Like 3

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

On 24/04/2017 at 3:48 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

So during one of my breaks we played a quick game of baseball, my daughter got a hold of a pitch and would have put it out of a little league park (200 + feet)

That is so cool!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Is it just me, or do a lot of tired, played-out scenarios get way more interesting when there are trains involved?

This thought brought to you by swanky, steampunky Hanky Line trains, too much mindless time at work to ruminate on recently read books, and excitement for a four-hour bullet train ride that shouldn't be this exciting anymore but apparently I'm six years old shut up it's cool I swear!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Ha I had the 666th post in this thread.....

I wouldhave been disappointed if it had gone to anyone else ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

My brother's getting honeybees real soon.  (Turns out he had an inner homesteader; who knew?)  I can't wait to visit em. 

Meanwhile, down at my place I'm planting ornamental alliums, and chortling at my neighbors who are gonna get a little taste of onion in their honey... ^^

• Like 2

It's good on cheese or fish, or mixed into a BBQ glaze.  But it's not what most people expect to taste in their honey.