Random Thoughts of Randomness

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Geez old person, I at least wait until 9:30 before going to bed....when did I get so old

I should probably point out that I'm asleep before nine because my sleep is messed up to fuck and I'm in a lot of pain, not because I'm old.  :P 

And don't bother commenting on the act that I nap most afternoons either!  At least I'm not queuing up at the Post Office and buying cat food yet!  :D 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I just listened to a chiptune and you know what, it's amazing how people can get obsessed with the most obscure shit and make art out of it.  I mean, really.  Computer hardware 30 years obsolete?  Somebody's spent ages studying it.  Bottlecaps?  They have whole CONVENTIONS for bottlecaps. Butterflies?  Tea?  Clouds?  Squidgy things that live in the mud at the bottom of the ocean?  The 4000 different varieties of pears?  Someone has studied these things and written books on them.  Just because they wanted to.

Humans are funny.

• Like 4

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

On 6/15/2017 at 0:54 PM, Guzzi said:

I should probably point out that I'm asleep before nine because my sleep is messed up to fuck and I'm in a lot of pain, not because I'm old.  :P 

And don't bother commenting on the act that I nap most afternoons either!  At least I'm not queuing up at the Post Office and buying cat food yet!  :D 

Wait a minute, you can get cat food at the Post Office?

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Wait a minute, you can get cat food at the Post Office?

You can in this country!  They put Post Office counters inside shops, so you can buy your cat food and collect your pension all at the same place. ;)  My local shop when I lived in Weisdale was a grocery shop, newsagent, off licence, petrol station and post office rolled into one.  It was great!

In Scalloway our post office is in the chemist which I've always found odd.  What do all the little old ladies do, they have to go next door for their cat food, that seems a little unfair. 

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

"My local shop when I lived in Weisdale was a grocery shop, newsagent, off licence, petrol station and post office rolled into one.  It was great! "

That was like one of the places I lived in growing up, all of that and it wasn't uncommon for people to use snowmobiles in the winter and horses during the summer; honestly it was shorter by miles to cut through the woods to my friends house than it was to ride my bike down the road.

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

On 6/10/2017 at 10:20 PM, Guzzi said:

Good man @Luds!  What are you thinking of getting once the whole training/test thingy is outta the way?

Oh oh and by the way... Motorcycles are completely safe, ok?  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ;) 

hehe... totally agree... hurtling down the road at 60, with no metal around me.. what can go wrong ? :D

What i would like is a Honda AfricanTwin (...the full midlife-crisis package, indeed..), but I think a second hand Honda NC750 is more realistic.. might have to drive up to the north to get a good deal.. prices at reputable dealers in the republic for bikes are .. interesting.. i mean jeeeeeezzz.. but I like the idea of not buying a lemon when the tarmac is so close :D

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

5 hours ago, Luds said:

What i would like is a Honda AfricanTwin (...the full midlife-crisis package, indeed..),

Do iiiiiiiiiitttt! :D 

I hitched a ride on an Africa Twin once when I was heading out to watch the SSDT (Scottish Six Day Trials, the biggest motorcycle trial in....  Europe?  The world?  I dunno, but it's big and it takes place in and around my home town).  I was amazed at how nimble and easy to throw around it was, on some very twisty back roads.  The only thing I found an issue was how bloody tall it was!  I have a 32" inside leg and I struggled to get on it. :o 

• Like 1

Today, I will be shitting myself inside out. 

They want to shove a camera up my nether regions so I've had no food since 6pm last night and I'm not allowed anything until after the procedure is done.  Intermittent fast = done!  Now I need to take some seriously strong laxatives to clean out my back passage as if the Queen was coming to visit. 

• Like 1

Oi!!!  Cut it out you pair! :angry: 

I thought it would be interesting to weigh myself yesterday morning, having eaten nothing for over 24h and basically pooped out anything that was lurking around in my intestines.  

My lowest weight recorded so far is 63.5kg, my weight yesterday morning was....... (drumroll please)....

64.4kg  Doh!  So much for THAT theory!

And interestingly I stood on the scale this morning after going a little nuts last night when I was FINALLY allowed to eat again, and I weighed.....  64.4kg  **shakes head in disbelief** 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Meh I wouldn't worry about it to much, every ones weight fluctuates during the day

Yeah, I was just doing it for shits and giggles.  My weight can easily fluctuate 2-3lbs over the course of a day let alone day to day.  I was just expecting to see a low number since I wasn't carrying any "waste" weight :D 

5 hours ago, Sjard said:

So the penny is still inside?

No, I spent it.  :P